• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carlos Tévez

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGunners

Established Member
Re: Arsenal join Carlos Tevez race

AFCFan4Ever said:
So if it was Kuyt at West Ham a couple of years ago instead of Tevez, would he have kept them up almost all by himself like Tevez did???

Just curious.
No. But Tevez didn't keep them up, it was Green :wink:

scytheavatar

Established Member

IMHO Tevez is good enough only for some South American club or a club like West Ham. I am not sure why he gets rated so highly in Arsenal-mania when he has about as much skill as Baptista. If we wanted someone like Tevez we might as well have tried to keep Baptista seasons ago. Come on, stop dreaming about rejects from Man U; how the heck are we supposed to be able to overtake them if we go for players that look craptistic for them?

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member

scytheavatar said:
IMHO Tevez is good enough only for some South American club or a club like West Ham. I am not sure why he gets rated so highly in Arsenal-mania when he has about as much skill as Baptista. If we wanted someone like Tevez we might as well have tried to keep Baptista seasons ago. Come on, stop dreaming about rejects from Man U; how the heck are we supposed to be able to overtake them if we go for players that look craptistic for them?

Come now, Tevez is far better and far more suited to the Premier League than Baptista. Anyway, I wouldn't want him for his skill or goals or whatever, I like him because of the work ethic he offers a team.

asajoseph

Established Member

And with all due respect, when you pay £20m+, you want a bit more than work ethic.

hackajack

Established Member

Apparently MSI want another £25.5M, which with the £10M lease fee, makes a ridiculous £35.5M for Argentina's answer to Paul Dickov. It would be excellent if Ronaldo pissed off and they spent half the money on Tevez.

Shredder

The prices quoted are absolutely insane. I'd pay maybe £10 million for him, if we were desperate for another forward and there were no other options. Besides, we need another Eduardo-type more than we need another Van Persie-type (i.e. the "striker--not a striker--maybe a winger" debate...).

SPF103

Not sure why we are even linked to be honest. Literally nothing indicates that we will pay the kind of money that will be required to get him.

Let's just say that we are the only other club interested and disregard Liverpool, Madrid, Chelsea, etc. We are going to buy a player that United can't afford? Right.

qs

Established Member

AFCFan4Ever said:
DaGunners said:
Agree with Hacka, but comparing him to Kuyt is disrespect because Kuyt is the superior player

Tevez is one of the most overrated footballer on the planet. As a striker, he does not posses one attribute to a world class level.

So if it was Kuyt at West Ham a couple of years ago instead of Tevez, would he have kept them up almost all by himself like Tevez did???

Just curious.

I'd say if Kuyt had been there they wouldn't have been in the relegation battle. Tevez was good at the end for WHU and its all people seem to remember because he scored the goals that dragged them out of where they were. People always forget however WHU had dropped way down the table from where they finished the season before after he joined. His first 6 months were appalling.

Tevez is a good player. However he isn't brilliant by any means. I'd almost prefer Kuyt.

SPF103

Definitely would not prefer Kuyt but I have to agree that Tevez is overrated. No way is he worth what someone will pay for him.

kamikaze80

Established Member

so after MSI sells tevez (100% not to us, btw), there will be no more third party ownership of players in england, yes?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Cheers. Can't think of anyone else than Tevez then. MSI used to own the license for Jo but that was before City bought him. Still can't believe that they paid almost 20 million for him.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Completely Believable Link to Carlos Tevez

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3749831/Arsenal-tell-Man-City-Carlos-Tevez-for-Samir-Nasri.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... Nasri.html</a>

ARSENAL have sensationally told Manchester City: Give us Carlos Tevez and you can have Samir Nasri.

Hitman Tevez has been trying to get out of Manchester all summer.

And with Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger under growing pressure to bring in a top buy, the Gunners have suddenly come up with their shock proposal.

Midfielder Nasri had hoped to sign for City by yesterday lunchtime after being promised a £180,000-a-week deal.

But Arsenal - also on the verge of losing skipper Cesc Fabregas - have blocked the move while they see if they can sort a swap with Tevez.

The Gunners will have to make a cash adjustment in City's favour for the Argie because the club's top scorer is valued at £50million.

The best Arsenal can get for Nasri is £25m as there is only one year remaining on the French star's contract - meaning he could walk for nothing next summer.

However, Arsenal are hoping to get the Tevez fee down by £10m.

And they believe they can come to an agreement over his wages which could be as much as £200,000 a week.

Tevez has said he wants out of City to be closer to his family in Argentina but London is only 200 miles nearer South America than Manchester.

However, SunSport understands Tevez would be delighted to join Arsenal in a move which would be a massive boost for their fans.

An Arsenal insider said: "Tevez would be just the signing to give everyone a lift.

"There is a lot of work to be done yet but if there is a will on all sides it can happen.

"Nasri wants to get to City, Tevez wants to get out and Wenger needs a new star to get everyone off his back.

"It seems like win-win all round."

Meanwhile, Fabregas' expected departure to Barcelona has been delayed.

The midfield general was hoping to fly out yesterday to seal his £35million move to the Spanish champions.

But Barca have told him to wait until Monday when they hope to complete the formalities on a five-year deal.

The Gunners last night agreed terms with Costa Rican side Deportivo Saprissa to sign teenage striker Joel Campbell.

Get in!!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Re: Completely Believable Link to Carlos Tevez

Yeah i know but can we afford teves wages i raelly dont think so.

GOONER1991

Established Member

This was reported somewhere a few days ago as well. Not. Going. To. Happen.

But just to play along, let's imagine a team of.

-----------Szczesny

Sagna - Cahill - Vermaelen - Gibbs

--------------Song
---------Jadson - Wilshere

Van Persie ----------------Gervinho
---------------Tevez

With the front three always interchanging. The stuff dreams are made of. And that's exactly it. IN.OUR.DREAMS.

ebouenolike

Established Member

images

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

We've already got King Joel from Finsbury Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom