• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Meh... March is in 13 days. He's hardly needed desperately. Nobody cared when we signed him, so why should we care that he's not able to play for a few weeks? :lol:

Actually did say when we signed him that it was worrying he’d already been out for two weeks with a knee ligament injury.

We’ve now gone from being fit for this week until out to no exact timeline.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If the club keep progressing in the FA Cup and EL there will be plenty of games to go around. I don't think Arteta sees AMN as a full back anyway, since he complained about playing players out of position there.

Judge him in May.

Is this still a “win-win” signing though?

We’re now paying money for a player who had a pre-existing knee injury when we signed him that isn’t any closer to even training let alone playing.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Is this still a “win-win” signing though?

We’re now paying money for a player who had a pre-existing knee injury when we signed him that isn’t any closer to even training let alone playing.
I didn't say it was a win-win. It's a low risk signing with potential reward. Not sure how much but after what happened in the EL final last season with AMN at RB I'd be much more confident of going into an important game with Soares if Hector is unavailable.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Actually did say when we signed him that it was worrying he’d already been out for two weeks with a knee ligament injury.

We’ve now gone from being fit for this week until out to no exact timeline.
I don't think this was sprung on the club. I think he was signed for when he'd be possibly needed, and we're on course for that, barring any typically hilarious Arsenal-like scenarios coming out of it :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So tall Arsène Wenger, signs an injured player in Kallstrom, everyone loves it...
Not true at all :lol:

People were pissed/bewildered tbh. We had a similar situation with Amaury Bischoff as well.

I think only Benayoun was a decent risk free signing in late Wenger reign if I remember correctly.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I didn't say it was a win-win. It's a low risk signing with potential reward. Not sure how much but after what happened in the EL final last season with AMN at RB I'd be much more confident of going into an important game with Soares if Hector is unavailable.

Not you personally but you only have to go back to the first pages of this post to see people saying exactly that.

My point is the same as it was in January, it wasn’t a case of either Soares or AMN. There were better options for relatively little outlay.

The fact that we signed an already injured player means we’re going to be asking Hector to play three games a week for the next month or so.

Absolute joke signing.

I don't think this was sprung on the club. I think he was signed for when he'd be possibly needed, and we're on course for that, barring any typically hilarious Arsenal-like scenarios coming out of it :lol:

Don’t we need him now though? We’re going to be playing three games a week for quite a while.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Idiotic signing, one of many idiotic signings by our club.
Whomever is in charge of our recruitment needs to be fired.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Not you personally but you only have to go back to the first pages of this post to see people saying exactly that.

My point is the same as it was in January, it wasn’t a case of either Soares or AMN. There were better options for relatively little outlay.

The fact that we signed an already injured player means we’re going to be asking Hector to play three games a week for the next month or so.

Absolute joke signing.
Hector and AMN is fine for the moment imo, but in the latter stages of the EL having Cedric in the mix would be better. That way you can rest Hector in the league and still have a competent player in that position so you’re not sacrificing league points either. Everything Arteta says points to him preferring genuine full backs as opposed to players out of position there.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hector and AMN is fine for the moment imo, but in the latter stages of the EL having Cedric in the mix would be better. That way you can rest Hector in the league and still have a competent player in that position so you’re not sacrificing league points either. Everything Arteta says points to him preferring genuine full backs as opposed to players out of position there.

Major fixture build up is now though. We’ve got a rearranged City game probably coming in the next couple of weeks and we’re still in three competitions.

Hector is still feeling his way back and there’s no guarantee we’ll be in three competitions whenever Soares is fit again.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Major fixture build up is now though. We’ve got a rearranged City game probably coming in the next couple of weeks and we’re still in three competitions.

Hector is still feeling his way back and there’s no guarantee we’ll be in three competitions whenever Soares is fit again.
It's not too bad really:

Feb 23 Everton
Feb 27 Olympiacos
Mar 2 Portsmouth
Mar 7 West Ham
Mar 12 EL
Mar 16 Brighton
Mar 19 EL
Mar 23 Southampton or FA Cup QF

Against that level of opposition, AMN should be fine back-up. It's after the break when Sp**s, Liverpool, City and the bigger sides in the EL will become an issue so you'd like Cedric to be in contention.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I’ve always rated Cedric. Was surprised he lost his place at S’ton. This is a clever bit of business IMO. Could potentially push Héctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom