• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares: Back It Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Really don't have a problem with him. He's got a great ball in on him, and is just getting game time again. We have ainsley able to play there, for sure, but ainsley sometimes pops up at lb of lwb. We've always wanted a bit of squad depth, here is some.

At least he's not another bloody cb.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really don't have a problem with him. He's got a great ball in on him, and is just getting game time again. We have ainsley able to play there, for sure, but ainsley sometimes pops up at lb of lwb. We've always wanted a bit of squad depth, here is some.

At least he's not another bloody cb.

Same. No issues for me. It’s not that long ago we had Lichsteiner as the back up RB. This guy is at least somewhat half decent.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
To be honest, having him at RB or RWB is much more assuring than having Kola at LB or LWB. I agree that he was not great, but he is miles better than Kola and can also provide back up for the LB position (if we get rid of Kola).

We also didn't pay so much for him. I agree that 4 years deal for him was stupid.; should have been three years, but he is not also in high wage. To be honest, I also think he was better than Bellerin in general. Bellerin sucks both defensively and offensively. At least Soares is better in attack.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter

Technically a piece about AMN but some interesting tidbits about Cedric in here too:

- We wanted a RB in January window because Bellerin was struggling to comeback from a serious knee injury and AMN long term future at the club was doubted

- Cedric was not on the list of players recommended by the scouting department but was seen as a dependable backup on loan

- Took the decision to make the move permanent during lockdown as it was believed AMN would be leaving

Tbh I think he’s a decent backup, but that story doesn’t fill me with confidence. Definitely feels like a player Kia foisted on the club when we failed to sign our actual targets. Can understand the later decision to make him permanent given the doubts over AMN’s future and the COVID climate, but there is simply no positive way to explain a four year contract for a guy who our scouts didn’t even want.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Technically a piece about AMN but some interesting tidbits about Cedric in here too:

- We wanted a RB in January window because Bellerin was struggling to comeback from a serious knee injury and AMN long term future at the club was doubted

- Cedric was not on the list of players recommended by the scouting department but was seen as a dependable backup on loan

- Took the decision to make the move permanent during lockdown as it was believed AMN would be leaving

Tbh I think he’s a decent backup, but that story doesn’t fill me with confidence. Definitely feels like a player Kia foisted on the club when we failed to sign our actual targets. Can understand the later decision to make him permanent given the doubts over AMN’s future and the COVID climate, but there is simply no positive way to explain a four year contract for a guy who our scouts didn’t even want.

No wonder they sacked all the scouts, who needs em when you have Kia?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If you look at the original thread a lot of us were confused at this signing.

Even the usually positive people. I blame AMN for not claiming that spot personally, it was his to take.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why are we using him if we have AMN? i mean he didn't look s**t but he poor going forward most of the game.

Ashybashy86

I'm more convinced than ever that Raul was sacked for doing favours for his pal, Kia. No coincidence things quietened down with him once Raul was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom