• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Cedric Soares (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, cost like max. 3,5 million, when we didn't have much money.

But he's not going anywhere for one more year. ;)

Well he ain't see any games white proven he physically very good and Tomi for backup he'll stay fit he'll need to leave.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well he ain't see any games white proven he physically very good and Tomi for backup he'll stay fit he'll need to leave.
Norton-Cuffy isn't likely ready for next season yet, but you don't want to block his path as he is very talented.

Cedric won't get similar wages anywhere. So it's very likely Cedric will stay for another year as the ultimate backup for LB & RB, and leave for free, and gets better wages than otherwise.

drippin

Fulham can take him for free. His wages are ridiculous for a back-up let alone for a third choice option.
Norton-Cuffy I'm pretty sure would benefit the most from a full season loan after this one. Not couple minutes in cup games.

Players like Spence from Championship, with a short contract cost like 15 million euros plus the wages. And they block the path of BNC.

Wages of Cedric cost 3,5 million for a year, he has a year left in contract next summer.

What is your suggestion if we have UCL next season?

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Hes not playing tho & unlikely to get many minutes unless there is some sort of emergency. I'm sure he'd prefer to play football than not...we'll see.

*BNC hopefully gets a good loan next season. He's a good prospect we should be continuing to manage properly with a view to 1st team squad involvement.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What if Fulham actually get both Cedic and Willian linking up down that right side to a quality level though?

Arsenal football club...

are-we-the-baddies-bad.gif

drippin

Hes not playing tho & unlikely to get many minutes unless there is some sort of emergency. I'm sure he'd prefer to play football than not...we'll see.

*BNC hopefully gets a good loan next season. He's a good prospect we should be continuing to manage properly with a view to 1st team squad involvement.
Cedric is doing his coaching licence, while earning 75k per week, playing here and there when not injured.

If he goes without it being a free transfer, he won't get anywhere near that money.

Here he also has a chance to win trophies. Not sure he is that eager to switch clubs next summer.

And the club doesn't have to sell if they don't want to. Next year if we have UCL, it's good to have some experienced backup in the team for cup games and in case of injury-crisis. We have many injury-prone fullbacks.

Then there is the clear pathway to BNC in 2024, while Tomiyasu can rotate all the defensive positions.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Norton-Cuffy I'm pretty sure would benefit the most from a full season loan after this one. Not couple minutes in cup games.

Players like Spence from Championship, with a short contract cost like 15 million euros plus the wages. And they block the path of BNC.

Wages of Cedric cost 3,5 million for a year, he has a year left in contract next summer.

What is your suggestion if we have UCL next season?
Tomiyasu and White...I dont think you should plan for a third choice emergency option. Cant have a 33man squad. Just use Partey in emergencies or Walters or BNC if the club keeps him around (assuming a successful loan, but I agree he could probably go on another after).

drippin

Tomiyasu and White...I dont think you should plan for a third choice emergency option. Cant have a 33man squad. Just use Partey in emergencies or Walters or BNC if the club keeps him around (assuming a successful loan, but I agree he could probably go on another after).
You can have a 25 man squad. When your 3/4 of your fullbacks are injury-prone, having an experienced fullback who can play LB & RB, is very good in an UCL season.

Zinchenko, Tierney and Tomiyasu are all injury-prone. Having 2 LB's, 2 RB's and one squaddie who can play both is quite optimal. That costs only 3,5 million of wages for Cedric.

Partey needs to be in DMF role only basically.

Walters is a good shout, but like BNC, I assume he would benefit more from a loan.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
You can have a 25 man squad. When your 3/4 of your fullbacks are injury-prone, having an experienced fullback who can play LB & RB, is very good in an UCL season.

Zinchenko, Tierney and Tomiyasu are all injury-prone. Having 2 LB's, 2 RB's and one squaddie who can play both is quite optimal. That costs only 3,5 million of wages for Cedric.

Partey needs to be in DMF role only basically.

Walters is a good shout, but like BNC, I assume he would benefit more from a loan.
Fair enough, I see your points. Still it feels weird to keep subpar players on high wages because the main options are unreliable. I guess its a pragmatic solution to keep him one year if he's happy to just leech that 70k and never really play.

drippin

Fair enough, I see your points. Still it feels weird to keep subpar players on high wages because the main options are unreliable. I guess its a pragmatic solution to keep him one year if he's happy to just leech that 70k and never really play.
Another point came to mind, that if we can loan BNC and Walters to Championship and they play a full season, it's worth much more than the 3,5 million of Cedric's wages.

Because they're young talented HG footballers, and even with a short contract Spence went to Tottenham for 15 million euros.

Jabintendo

We should keep him until the end of the season. One injury to centre back or right back and he will be needed for the bench at least.
Plus considering how well we are doing, he will most likely stick it out for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom