• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Cedric Soares (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner1988TK

As much as I pray he ****s off, not a chance he leaves - London lifestyle on a long term contract he doesn’t deserve. Guys going nowhere, Certainly not to Turkey :lol::lol:
The only way him, Runnarsson, Mari etc will leave us on never ending loan deals till their contracts expire. No team will ever pay these ridiculous long big contracts to average at best players.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Second player Arteta brought in who he is willing to get rid off. Mari would be third if he finds anyone interested

Gooner1988TK

Second player Arteta brought in who he is willing to get rid off. Mari would be third if he finds anyone interested
The thing is they thought they was smart and was gonna hustle the market. They thought they’d sign Cedric and Mari on long deals to “protect their value” for cheap and sell them on for profit. That could’ve worked if they wasn’t absolute poverty on incredibly high wages for their lack of talent. In conclusion they’ve only managed to hustle themselves in a very bad way.

jjmcjohnson

Wait, the same Fenerbache that was fuming over Kolasinac? I'll take it, but seems to me a bit unlikely. Soares is on 70k that I think they were unwilling to give to Kola.

Wouldn't be suprised if Özil is behind half these leaks to troll arsenal management and fans.

Wouldn't put it past that scumbag

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The thing is they thought they was smart and was gonna hustle the market. They thought they’d sign Cedric and Mari on long deals to “protect their value” for cheap and sell them on for profit. That could’ve worked if they wasn’t absolute poverty on incredibly high wages for their lack of talent. In conclusion they’ve only managed to hustle themselves in a very bad way.
Yep, but the clue was in where those players were. Cedric was backup at Southampton and had no future there. Mari was at Man City u23 and failed to even make the bench for first team. Arteta had no excuse for that one. I still believe both were favours to Kia and nothing more

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name

smh they hate me because I'm right

TinFish

A lot of people here were happy about cedric and especially the Mari signing. I distinctly remember people getting wet over his performance against Liverpool back when he was playing for Flamengo.

Lets be honest here, Arteta allowed corruption to happen under his nose. The guy took the safe route and did what any rookie manager would do - buy b*ums like willian. Mari was obviously influenced back in his City days (where he didn't make it at all ...why the feck would he buy him?) and Cedric was just blatant corruption of the highest order...

TornadoTed

Established Member
A lot of people here were happy about cedric and especially the Mari signing. I distinctly remember people getting wet over his performance against Liverpool back when he was playing for Flamengo.

Lets be honest here, Arteta allowed corruption to happen under his nose. The guy took the safe route and did what any rookie manager would do - buy b*ums like willian. Mari was obviously influenced back in his City days (where he didn't make it at all ...why the feck would he buy him?) and Cedric was just blatant corruption of the highest order...
I was happy enough with the Mari signing and am still OK with it. He was excellent in South America and I think was only ever bought as a backup, unfortunately due to Covid, injury and loss of form to Gabriel he has played a lot more than he ever should have. Hopefully when Gabriel comes back Mari will go back to the role he should have as a peripheral player.

Same with Elneny, who could have predicted that Partey who was barely injured in all his years in Madrid would have so many injury issues here. I'm still fine with guys like Mari and Elneny playing 500-1000 a season, the problem starts when they play 2000 minutes.

Cedric on the other hand was a very strange signing in a position that we didn't really need and I hope someone takes him off our hands but I'm not optimistic.

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Clubs have created this mess. Management don't have a clue what they're doing, signing a reserve Southampton player and giving him first team contract, then starting him at the begining of the season and after 3 games, deciding to sell him.

Cedric must be confused as ****. Edu and Arteta are the only ones who don't seem to be accountable for their actions.

Under Edu and arteta we've signed the worst set of players in arsenal's history.

Cedric, Mari, Runersson, Willian....then a xhaka extension.

Kav

Established Member
Why did they agree to give him 75k per week though? He was not in the age bracket that you could sell at a later stage.

I didn’t see any upside in giving him such a long contract.

Lastly he wasn’t better than Bellerin so he shouldn’t be commanding first team wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom