• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
I think he'll be a decent hit here

Not talking first team quality but I'm predicting people will be happy with his contribution when called upon

pikey2000

Not sure what people expect tbh, there are very few top clubs that have elite full backs as backup, we only have one established RB on the books and have addressed it with someone who will do a job when called upon.

Hector is clearly our 1st choice so unless he is going to leave we were never going to spend 30-40m on a backup/prospect.

Its clear quality signings are few and far between in January, so addressing a couple of gaps in our squad but keeping the majority of our powder dry for the summer seems like good sense to me.

It means come the summer window we can concentrate on LW, CM and CB rather than having to worry about full backs.

remains

Not sure what people expect tbh, there are very few top clubs that have elite full backs as backup, we only have one established RB on the books and have addressed it with someone who will do a job when called upon.

Hector is clearly our 1st choice so unless he is going to leave we were never going to spend 30-40m on a backup/prospect.

Its clear quality signings are few and far between in January, so addressing a couple of gaps in our squad but keeping the majority of our powder dry for the summer seems like good sense to me.

It means come the summer window we can concentrate on LW, CM and CB rather than having to worry about full backs.

Finally a sensible post.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Clearly some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable and have something to moan about and put down. Others prefer to keep an even keel and see things for what they are. Time will tell how it all works out, but it's not like Arsenal is committing big money here.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Clearly some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable and have something to moan about and put down. Others prefer to keep an even keel and see things for what they are. Time will tell how it all works out, but it's not like Arsenal is committing big money here.

Agreed, this guy is especially miserable, look at him bringing people down:

People quibbling over loan fees like the money is coming out of their own pockets.

Balboa

I think he'll be a decent hit here

Not talking first team quality but I'm predicting people will be happy with his contribution when called upon

I hope so. I know little about the player, but all of the criticism on this forum is giving me cause for hope that he might be a decent signing. He's a good age, Arsenal need a few more experienced heads in the dressing room in the hope that some leaders emerge. Maybe Arsenal have scouted him and feel he can offer the right personality to gel with the existing squad.

I remember people on this forum creaming their pants over prospective signings at Arsenal and other clubs such as Mustafi, Kolasinac, Ceballos, Morata, Bakayoko, Balotelli, Falcao, Batshuayi, Rickie Lambert, Soldado, Mangala, Rodwell, Bony, Cuadrado.

I remember desperate calls for Alexis to be paid over £400k per week, for Özil to have his contract extended, for Arsenal to reject Man City's £40 million offer for Wilshere. Calls for Oxlade-Chamberlain and Ramsey "the Welsh Henderson" (as if that's anything other than a huge compliment) to be shipped out. For Milner, Mane, Salah, Lallana, Vardy to be avoided.

Long story short. The consensus on this forum is probably a decent indicator of the truth of the exact opposite...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Long story short. The consensus on this forum is probably a decent indicator of the truth of the exact opposite...
Same hierarchy that passed on him last January when Southampton trying to loan him out... He joined Inter after Hector was injured & before Suarez came in. We missed out on 4th by a point playing with no natural RB from January.:facepalm:

I think he will do well here but the club are ****ing clowns always chasing their tail.

Balboa

Same hierarchy that passed on him last January when Southampton trying to loan him out... He joined Inter after Hector was injured & before Suarez came in. We missed out on 4th by a point playing with no natural RB from January.:facepalm:

I think he will do well here but the club are ****ing clowns always chasing their tail.

Maybe transition in management structure after 22 years is hard? Look at Man Utd.... I'd prefer caution in the market than making too many signings that don't work out for now...

It's up to supporters to support the team through thick and thin and give Arteta the time he needs to build a squad...

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Harsh. Inter were in advanced talks to sign him when Bellerin got injured.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Maybe transition in management structure after 22 years is hard? Look at Man Utd.... I'd prefer caution in the market than making too many signings that don't work out for now...
Not convinced this is cautious just no real money available just like last January. Loans, players with 6 months left & bargain bucket.

Harsh. Inter were in advanced talks to sign him when Bellerin got injured.
They had a week to get him after Hectors injury & nearly two weeks to get any RB. I like we are bringing in depth now just annoying when 10th & not much to play for.

Balboa

Not convinced this is cautious just no real money available just like last January. Loans, players with 6 months left & bargain bucket.

Because not much value is available in the January window and Arsenal have made a significant outlay from 2014 onwards. I remember when all Arsenal supporters ever talked about was how Arsenal needed to spend some ****ing money... (just not on Mane, Lallana, Vardy for £20 million, Milner on a free and other such pub team players....)

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Because not much value is available in the January window and Arsenal have made a significant outlay from 2014 onwards. I remember when all Arsenal supporters ever talked about was how Arsenal needed to spend some ****ing money... (just not on Mane, Lallana, Vardy for £20 million, Milner on a free and other such pub team players....)
Still some expensive signing we dont make all that often. Lallana was 28m in 2014 & Mane 37m in 2016! Liverpool did spend some ****ing money... very well.

Reactions: roz

Balboa

Still some expensive signing we dont make all that often. Lallana was 28m in 2014 & Mane 37m in 2016! Liverpool did spend some ****ing money... very well.

Arsenal have been spending a lot on transfers and wages for several years...

Exactly, and most Arsenal supporters on this forum thought Mane, Lallana, Vardy would be bad signings and didn't want them to be signed....

Now most of them think Soares is a **** signing....

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Exactly, and most Arsenal supporters on this forum thought those would be bad signings and didn't want them to be signed....

Now most of them think Soares is a **** signing....
I am optimistic about him... still bit of a **** signing though if being truthful. One of those signings like the CB that you cant be arsed reading about or watching the interview.

Balboa

I am optimistic about him... still bit of a **** signing though if being truthful. One of those signings like the CB that you cant be arsed reading about or watching the interview.

Well, whatever. I'm sure people said the same about Andrew Robertson when Liverpool signed him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom