• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Everyone here has seen him play, he‘s not an unknown.

This bum is so bad that Southampton basically let him go on loan 6 months before his contract expired. He’s so bad that we don’t want to sign him permanently even though he’s free in 6 months. He‘s so bad that Southampton loaned him out before loaning him out again. He played 4 total games in his previous spell.

Have YOU actually seen him play or do you get excited about every bum player so long as he plays for Arsenal?
Where do you see me getting "excited"? Im just not going to make a big deal out of a loan signing like we just broke the transfer record for him.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Not convinced this is cautious just no real money available just like last January. Loans, players with 6 months left & bargain bucket.

They had a week to get him after Hectors injury & nearly two weeks to get any RB. I like we are bringing in depth now just annoying when 10th & not much to play for.
We're only 10 points off 4th with Chelski playing Leicester on the weekend. Assuming we dont fvck up our game, its very possible to catch them. Yes its frustrating but at least we're trying where we can.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We're only 10 points off 4th with Chelski playing Leicester on the weekend. Assuming we dont fvck up our game, its very possible to catch them. Yes its frustrating but at least we're trying where we can.

Plus there's the Europa League. That's Arsenal's best chance of getting back into the Champions League at this point. Providing extra depth at fullback and, by extension, in the midfield could help to get Arsenal past the line.

It's not like this is costing Arsenal anything significant. Less than £1 million for the loan fee plus a few months' wages. If he ends up doing well enough that they want to extend him, they can make him an offer. Or they can just let him go. There's really no downside here.

Arson Finger

I wonder if this signing is an indication that Arsenal don't want Bellerin playing more than once per week or so.
Our Europa league fixtures are between league matches, so we'll have multiple games per week as long as we're in the EL.

Balboa

I wonder if this signing is an indication that Arsenal don't want Bellerin playing more than once per week or so.
Our Europa league fixtures are between league matches, so we'll have multiple games per week as long as we're in the EL.

Arsenal have needed a rotation right-back for years now. Chambers and Maitland-Niles were never suited to right-back. Debuchy was injured. You probably have to go back to when Debuchy was signed and briefly fit and Bellerin was vying with Chambers to be second choice to the last time Arsenal had two legit right backs?

zilfy

. Chambers and Maitland-Niles were never suited to right-back.
AMN has been very good at RB in recent times. This is the reason that this signing has raised some eyebrows.

People just think hes gonna slot nicely into CM (I hope he does), but that's not a given at all. If he doesn't work there this transfer (at least temporarily) makes him obsolete.

Still think it's good though cos at least we can find out how he is good in midfield in a season with less at stake than usual. If not, he could go back to RB next year (if hes willing)

Balboa

AMN has been very good at RB in recent times. This is the reason that this signing has raised some eyebrows.

People just think hes gonna slot nicely into CM (I hope he does), but that's not a given at all. If he doesn't work there this transfer (at least temporarily) makes him obsolete.

Still think it's good though cos at least we can find out how he is good in midfield in a season with less at stake than usual. If not, he could go back to RB next year (if hes willing)

I don't think Arteta rates him at right-back with inverted full backs and Saka bombing on. I suspect AMN might be best suited as a winger...

zilfy

I don't think Arteta rates him at right-back with inverted full backs and Saka bombing on. I suspect AMN might be best suited as a winger...
I'm not sure he has enough attacking threat to be a winger. I just hope he fits in somewhere. Hes got talent

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

His passing is errant and he switches off a lot. Fair play to him but we need a proper fullback

Balboa

Never said he wasn't doing fine. I was adding to the options this signing provides.

I think he should be rotated with Tierney until the end of the season though. He doesn't need too much chopping and changing. Kolasinac should be moved on asap.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don't understand all that negativity, he's a good PL proven player, who will be a back-up, he also offers something different than Hector.

Is he a good PL player though? I'm not negative about the signing since it's only a loan, same about Pablo, but is he a good player?

He got loaned out by Southampton to Inter, did nothing there and now is being loaned out again.

In my opinion both loan signings are purely for cover, nothing more nothing less. Be surprised if he makes more than 5 appearances for Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom