• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Only issue is that you couple this with Mari and it’s not very impressive considering it’ll be unlikely we’ll sign more defenders.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Cedric ia very average. The type of player we`ll end up loaning to Sporting Lisbon after a year and a half, covering half his wages. Play Bellerin the rest of the season, AMN can fill in when necessary and then decide in the summer whether we need a starting RB or a young and talented player to cover for Hector with AMN competing for a place in midfield.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Only issue is that you couple this with Mari and it’s not very impressive considering it’ll be unlikely we’ll sign more defenders.

Not on paper but Mari is a bit of an unknown and we don’t know what we’re going to get with Saliba. You have to hope the tactics and better coaching produces better defensive performances (which they seem to have).

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Low wages and low fee I don't have a problem, we need a player at RB who'll ride the bench.

Don't mind, same with Mari, low wages and low fee, probably won't be a first teamer but better than Mustafi hopefully.

We're trying to rebuild the defence and I don't think in Jan we can start from the from the top in terms of player ability.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If we were linked with an one legged right back you'd be the first to go all "HeS An UPgRadE On HeCTor!"

The so called "credit" you give him is always carried with a backhanded compliment.

That's literally how an agenda merchants behaves, c'mon Mitch.

Not always backhanded compliment, 2 performances last and i think 1 this sesson he played wrll. Rex asked if i was geeking okay.

zilfy

Of course, as has been mentioned, it would allow Maitland-Niles to get a look in the midfield.
That must be the thinking. My concern is that despite AMNs insistence that he is a midfielder, it may turn out thy he is in fact a far better RB than he is a CM.
I guess now we'll find out

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Low wages and low fee I don't have a problem, we need a player at RB who'll ride the bench.

Don't mind, same with Mari, low wages and low fee, probably won't be a first teamer but better than Mustafi hopefully.

We're trying to rebuild the defence and I don't think in Jan we can start from the from the top in terms of player ability.

Elneny was a low fee and low wages. Buying junk players like these is what got us in this spot in the first place.

RB is a position of need but there are so many better players available for a similar price who are much younger and much more talented.

Can’t get behind this at all, these kind of deals are absolutely pointless.

Tomiyasu and Bogle are two players I’ve seen a lot of who’d be much better, much younger and are available for a similar price.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Elneny was a low fee and low wages. Buying junk players like these is what got us in this spot in the first place.

RB is a position of need but there are so many better players available for a similar price who are much younger and much more talented.

Not sure we need a younger player there, young players have to play to develop.

Bellerins a pretty fixed starter and still very young too. So a proven PL RB isn't a bad idea, he can give you solid performances. A bit like the idea with Lichtsteiner, but with 28 you are far away from finished.

2-3 year contract and it's fine.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Tomiyasu and Bogle are two players I’ve seen a lot of who’d be much better, much younger and are available for a similar price.

Good point and I get what you mean but I think it's more a case of in the past we over paid on wages for rubbish.

It's hard because you don't wanna rely on kids if a serious injury comes a long but you also don't want rubbish.

If we buy a decent young RB you still have Bellerin who could potentially play another 7 years at top level. That's of course if he ever gets decent again.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Just seen this guy tried to DM Ash Holme and got exposed :rofl:
C_29_fotogallery_1024167__ImageGallery__imageGalleryItem_11_image.PNG

He's still pumping this every night.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not sure we need a younger player there, young players have to play to develop.

Bellerins a pretty fixed starter and still very young too. So a proven PL RB isn't a bad idea, he can give you solid performances. A bit like the idea with Lichtsteiner, but with 28 you are far away from finished.

2-3 year contract and it's fine.

It’s not like a younger player wouldn’t feature here, how many games has AMN had to play there the last two years?

Buying a mediocre player just because he’s cheap and a willing back up is so reductive to me.

Cedric is an average player by Southampton standards, played about half their games this year. Not even Debuchy level.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We have to get atleast one RB or LB in after what Arteta said. If he went public must be important to his plans.

Cedric a bit average but window shuts in 90 hours & we only have money for loans / frees / cheap deals.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think back up standard players is all you’re getting in Jan without overpaying, unless you get lucky.

If we could get a competent back up RB, and an upgrade on Mustafi (and Holding as of now) then there’s nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

The board needs to step up in the summer and fix our spine with quality (CB, DM/CM). Those positions have to be fixed if we are a serious club.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Let me understand, what's your criteria? Chambers severely lacks pace and is challenged positionally. AMN offers nothing going forward?

I don't think anyone has claimed Bellerin is a Sagna, Dixon or Lauren but he is certainly better than anything we have internally and is one of the better right backs in the world, definitely not world class though. There's a reason Juve and Barca want(ed) him.

Chambers has only been exposed once at RB and that was several years ago against the Spanish winger from Swansea. Chambers makes up for his lack of speed for intelligence and good positional awareness.

AMN certainly better defensively than Bellerin and is a well rounded FB.

Just judge on perfomances rather than media repuations and lazy out of date sterotypes.

Barcelona got Song and wanted Gary Breen. Juventus signed Ramsey and Emre Can.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Chambers has only been exposed once at RB and that was several years ago against the Spanish winger from Swansea. Chambers makes up for his lack of speed for intelligence and good positional awareness.

AMN certainly better defensively than Bellerin and is a well rounded FB.

Just judge on perfomances rather than media repuations and lazy out of date sterotypes.

Barcelona got Song and wanted Gary Breen. Juventus signed Ramsey and Emre Can.
Ecuadorian

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yep, more entertaining than watching Bellerin lack of positional awareness, discipline, footballing IQ and awful crossing every match for past 4 years of terrible form.

I agree, I don't know anything about Soares but Bellerin I have seen lots of and he hasn't improved for the past 3 seasons. Very disappointing!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Kinda meh as a signing, ok as a back up I guess...miss the days when we had Eboue doing very well at right back, but still signed Sagna anyway...want those types of talents again if i'm honest, would prefer a younger player if honest.

I just wish Niles worked on being a right back, feel he would have a lot of potential there...at least lets try him in midfield again, need some power in there.

sykesy69

I agree, I don't know anything about Soares but Bellerin I have seen lots of and he hasn't improved for the past 3 seasons. Very disappointing!
He's also had a lot of injuries during that time so is kinda understandable. Not to mention sorely missed due to lack of direct replacement during those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom