• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Celta Vigo hit for 5 at home again.

GlasgowGooner

It was Deportivo one month ago now it was fellow relegation candidates Real Soceidad tonight who won 5-2, roll on Feburary if their in this form :)

JazzG

Established Member
Rumour has it their coach will be sacked soon, not sure if that is a good thing or bad :?

laolu

JazzG said:
Rumour has it their coach will be sacked soon, not sure if that is a good thing or bad :?

good thing: same thing happened to Inter. removed Cuper, brought in Zaccheroni and we all know what happened ...

JazzG

Established Member
what if they suddenly bring in some super coach?

Still we should beat them, if we don't then I'm gonna be seriously pissed off. However I think we will win though, playing the away leg first is a big bonus. If you wanna win these ties you gotta win your home leg and celta will be under big pressure to win so they will have to go for us.

JazzG

Established Member
I said super coach not drunk coach ;)

Yeah we should beat them, some spanish footy fan was saying they are struggling badly and we should beat them easily.

Only bad thing about this tie is we gotta go to Stamford Bridge on the Saturday, we can get a result there but as always it will be a tough match. Then on Tuesday we gotta be in spain to face Celta,

laolu

:wink:

even lippi, cuper, del bosque, ranieri, ... can't stop us from winning

the chelsea game is an early kickoff: that could help

Mark

Established Member
there's no way a team like this is gonna cause us any problems we cant deal with. we'll beat them home and away. no problem.

Andrew

How did they get into the next round of the CL? If they play like they're doing in the Spanish then we should thrash them. But there shouldn't be any easybeats in the second round surely.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
I was in the Nou Camp for their 1-1 draw against Barca. They were pathetic. They went up against the run of the play with a Lehmann - Viduka-esque goal and then just sat back with a 5-4-1 for the rest of the game. They had no attack, no midfield and their defence had gaping holes. Ronaldinho had all the space in the world to run about in, if Henry gets the same luxury it will be a goal fest. Barca had 2 goals disallowed too.

n_henry

kaids said:
I was in the Nou Camp for their 1-1 draw against Barca. They were pathetic. They went up against the run of the play with a Lehmann - Viduka-esque goal and then just sat back with a 5-4-1 for the rest of the game. They had no attack, no midfield and their defence had gaping holes. Ronaldinho had all the space in the world to run about in, if Henry gets the same luxury it will be a goal fest. Barca had 2 goals disallowed too.

But they still drew against Barca? What is happening over there at Barca? :shock:

Anyway...either the Spanis league is really strong that the 4th placed team last season is now the 4th from the bottom (I think, about there anyway), or last season was just a fluke for Celta.

Let's hope it was just a fluke. ;) I don't see them troubling us too much..but then again, I went into Loko and Dynamo games thinking that... :?

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
'try'

Barcelona just wasted their chances. They dominated the game but didn't finish Celta off. Couple of good saves by the keeper/the bar kept them out. + Barca aren't very good atm either.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom