• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Centurions DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaney

I dont know if any of you saw, but on the Arsenal.com website they were offering a chance to win a SIGNED copy of the Henry/Bergy dvd of thier 100 greatest goals!

What an excellent dvd that would be, some F#@cking awesome goals on there no doubt.

ANYWAY, i thought id give it a go and ive just taken a call from the press office saying ive won it!!!!!!! :shock:

****ING YAY!!!!!! i cant believe it, what a result! :lol: :lol:

its made my day!

no doubt that will be a collectors piece.

so just thought id let you all know!!!!!!!
(not that most of you probably give a toss, but i want to tell everyone cos its such a fantastic prize)

beaney

thanks guys!

im so chuffed, its all i can think about, i cant wait to get it, but wont be till Tuesday next week :cry:

its got to be one of the best things ive ever had!!
i dont think ive won anything like this before and for an Arsenal fan, its just an amazing gift!!!!!!! ;D ;D

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Beany, You'll love watching those goals time after time. Some of the goals these two have scored are simply breathtaking.

Alexone234

Thats great!!!

I have a signed photo of Keown and a Signed poster by Big Tone when he launched his book.

Ally

Did a review a while back that's sadly been lost, but here it is again ;D.

Centurions Review

It's a tape of two halves. Whilst I don't intend to go into depth in this review (Unlike a season review video, where there is a story to be told – usually not particularly well with the stuff we churned out before the 03 Review – here, you're paying to see 100 goals, nothing else), I suppose there's stuff that still needs discussing.

Unless you're retentive enough to search eBay for all the deleted review videos (Ahem...), it's likely you don't have a good few of Bergkamp's goals – even with a shelf full of said videos acquired in said manner, there are a few utter rippers on here I haven't seen for a long time (QPR away 95/96, Middlesborough at home 96/97 in particular). Put together, it's eye-opening to see his progression which, even on the clips which fly buy at an astonishing rate, can be clearly seen; from a more positional player operating in the penalty area and dropping back to skim in the odd sensational goal here and there, to a master craftsman at work in behind other strikers, occasionally producing something very very special.

Just seeing the goals all together is wonderful, without having to worry about such trifles as the collapse against Villa at home in the Coca Cola Semi Final which marred his two utterly beautiful strikes, or the fruitless nature of his acutely guided belter against Man Utd at home in 97' that had come too late to save anything from the game, that you might have to put up with otherwise.

However, it has to be said that the compilation is technically weak. Apart from the odd snatch here and there (Champions League goals especially, Motty chipping in once or twice), there's essentially no original commentary. Basically the stuff has been lifted from the respective review videos, with Martin Tylers' subsequently dubbed-on tones. There's also the most woeful and blatant bit of audio dubbing I have ever seen in my life over Den's goal at the City Ground in 95 (See if you can spot where it came from. I certainly did, in about half a second, hehe. It's not exactly subtle).

But then again, I suppose that when compiling material eight years old, options must be limited. To have had original commentary on all of DB10's goals would have been unbelievable, instead it's just a minor complaint verging dangerously close to pedantry. All the goals from the first double season are jaw-dropping when they run together like this – to nit pick over commentary is just a little pointless.

That said, Thierry's tape is interesting in that virtually all the goals do have commentary in their original form, which admittedly does add something to the action. The interview is lovely (Best line is on Barthez's blunder - “He got a lot of sticks.”) and the action on here, especially when dealing with 01/02, is far more substantial than the risible 'Magic Hat' review. Goal celebrations, penalty awards, the occasional bit of punditry over a replay...good stuff.

Whilst it has to be said that at times towards the end you may as well just be watching last seasons' review tape, again it's very much a case of sitting back and enjoying. For this compilation is just bliss, just total nirvana to see. Whatever it may be lacking in presentation, DB10's tape is something I'll probably be showing my grandkids in 50 years time. Can image an old wrinkly version of me saying something along the lines of,

“This was genius. He was genius. Just total footballing perfection. Not like yer good old days now, you know. And I'll tell you something else...”

Doing precisely what it says on the tin, just as a tape of a complete game would, this is worth the fifteen quid to realise once more just how true the first three sentences in the above paragraph are. In the twilight of his career, this serves as a stunning tribute to what he did for this football club. As for Thierry's...he's just gonna keep on going. What a lovely, lovely thought. And what a lovely, lovely video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom