• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc and Lupoli...

Evil Dragon

From what I have heard about them, I am guessing that one if not both are good enough to get atleast ten appearances.

asajoseph

Established Member
I hope so... Not sure Lupoli will get a look in myself, but Cesc might. Isn't he worryingly small though?

Sigun

If you mean playing i the premership.....NO-way!!

i reckons there both too young.

it would only happen if reyes, henry, bergkamp, edu, Giblet, and vieira get injured...

patrick42uk

Established Member
very unlikely either will see action past the carling cup. cesc however could sneak into the team for the early rounds of the f.a. cup, depending on the opposition.

KingReyes

Established Member
I can see Cesc making the subs bench and playing in the Carling Cup and Lupoli only playing in the Carling Cup

calvinngai88

But Wenger has hinted Cesc will get a few chances in the first team, so i guess he might get the last few min in some EPL matches. As for Flamini, he's a direct replacement for Parlour, so he shall take Parlour's bench place. I have not seen Lupoli playing in the pre-season friendlies, so no comments about his talents currently.

johe

Lupoli's beaten Del Piero's scoring record at youth level in Italy, so he's definetly one to look out for.

TB*Gooner*

If we were Fulham they would probably play some. But we are not Fulham :wink:

Cesc will probably play an important role in the carling cup (still called that?) but I don't think we should expect to see Lupoli in the first team for a couple of years...

nnaife

Cesc isnt that small any more he looks bulker and taller and is still growing he's destined to be one excellent midfielder and is defiently 10 appearances this season.

nnaife

patrick42uk said:
johe said:
Lupoli's beaten Del Piero's scoring record at youth level in Italy, so he's definetly one to look out for.

francis jeffers beat shearer's scoring record at u-21 level.

Jeffers isnt a bad player he just needs to focus on the his game and himself and perhaps work a lot harder than has before.

He is capable of scoring a shed load of in the EPL.

johe

patrick42uk said:
johe said:

You're right, there's not guarantee that he will be any better than Jeffers, but at least he's young enough for Wenger and his staff to mould him into the player we want.

Oh, and I did say 'he's one to look out for', not 'he'll be the next Del Piero.' :wink:

patrick42uk

Established Member
nnaife said:
patrick42uk said:
johe said:

Jeffers isnt a bad player he just needs to focus on the his game and himself and perhaps work a lot harder than has before.

He is capable of scoring a shed load of in the EPL.

completely agree. i mentioned that because jeffers doesnt any sort of recognition on here.

calvinngai88

Jeffers being condemned because Wenger indeed gave him a few chances for him to let him shine in the first team, but time to time, he let down Wenger's expectations of him. And with Wiltord and Bergkamp's pushing and their performances THEN were just simply much better than Jeffers's, Wenger's patience went off and dropped Jeffers to the reserves.

Top Bottom