• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc and Lupoli...

Xanshin

Jeffers is a good player, with a good knack for being there at the right time.

Difference between him and Lupoli is...one has glass ankles....and a holier-than-thou attitude...

Mark

Established Member
I think their only appearances will be in the Carling Cup. I'd like them to break into the first team and do well, I just don't think that's realistic yet.

Adam

Established Member
Jeffers has good movement - but if he doesn't do it at pace (and a Rangers CB can burn him) then it will never be truly productive for the Arsenal game. Jose has it all.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
No way Wenger will throw Lupoli into the mix. He'll be nurtured, and if he copes with the reserve's well, he'll definately play in the Worthington Cup/ Coca Cola Cup or whatever its called.

As for Cesc, well he might get some Premiership time in the end of the season when we have the season wraped up and back at Highbury. He'll be a major contributor though in the above mentioned cup and definately the FA Cup.

enigma

I've seen a couple of the pre-season games and Cesc is ready. He's a good holding player. Passes the ball superbly and can dribble well.
He's scored a few magical goals last season as well hasn't he.

So yes, I think Cesc is ready. A little lacking physically but nontheless, ready.

Not too sure about Lupoli, though.

Xanshin

Adam said:
Jeffers has good movement - but if he doesn't do it at pace (and a Rangers CB can burn him) then it will never be truly productive for the Arsenal game. Jose has it all.

That's not true at all. Jeffers can move very fast without the ball.

Like, whenever he played for the England U21s (The only place he got a consistant run in a team in pretty much his whole career) he'd be in the centre of the park one minute, the wingers would bomb it up the flanks, whip a ball in and Jeffers would be there...

But, like I say, he's got a poor attitude, and glass ankles...

godfather

i think Cesc will get few 1st team chances in EPL, perhaps 10+ games.
but really dont think Lupoli will.

just give them a couple of years, both of them will be really excited us!

imbak

I think Cesc will appear in the first team late on in the season, and Lupoli will be restricted to the Carling Cup just for this season. Hopefully we'll see more of him next season.

Top Bottom