• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fàbregas (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Re: Cesc Fabregas

If Cesc Fabregas is a legend, does that make Ashley Cole a legend too?

Ashley Cole was with Arsenal from 1998 to 2006 (8 years) while winning the Premier League 2 times and the FA Cup 3 times. Cole was part of the legendary Invincibles team, while he arguably was/is the best left back in the world? He was also involved in a transfer saga after being tapped up by Chelsea and eventually leaving under less than harmonious circumstances before his prime at the age of 25.

abz_14

The main issue with Cole is the way he acted after his contract negotiations with us. In his biography he claims he was feeling so physically sick at Arsenals offer of a mere 5k less than what he wanted that he had to pull over his car. Remember Cesc was not brought up an Arsenal fan, Cole was-and to have one of our own backstab us and f*** off to our rivals is deemed an act of a grade A c***.

I agree with P Gunners post.

We will have differing views on this transfer but personally its the club and Wengers fault that it has come to this stage.

I wish Cesc well and will hold him in high esteem always.

Another thing regarding him backheeling to Iniesta on purpose and not caring for Arsenal-the guy hit a penalty kick so hard against Barcelona that he managed to break his f****** leg!!!!

arsenallegends

Established Member

Thats exactly the issue Abs; he insisted on playing in both games to impress and wasn't fit for either one and sucked fat d***.

GOONER1991

Established Member

With that though, we can also point out that whilst not disrespectful to us directly, Cesc was captain of our club, yet consistently let his friends disrespect us. Xavi with their "Cesc is simply on loan" or when he said something like "we'll get him next year after Arsenal win nothing". You can't tell me that Cesc couldn't have asked them to stop with that s**t. Considering that Nasri has played for us in pre-season despite the fact that he's being sold, why hasn't Cesc? Clearly Nasri had commitment issues, yet he plays and Cesc doesn't? I can only assume that Cesc has said that he no longer wants to play for us. It's an assumption yes, but a valid one from the evidence available. This is also the same Cesc who is captain of our club, who missed the final game of the season to go and watch a Grand Prix in Spain, rather than clap the away fans. The same away fans who travelled to Barcelona to watch him attempt that ridiculous back heel which undermined all his teammates hard work in the first half. Not saying it was deliberate, but I feel that he was trying to show off and failed badly.

I can see where P Gunner is coming from. Don't get me wrong, but to suggest that Fabregas is squeaky clean in this situation is wrong, and Cole has better credentials to be considered a legend than he has.

abz_14

Im talking about the games against Barcelona in the 09/10 season not the season gone.

But even last seasons games, the first I thought he (and the entire team too) played a brilliant game, couldnt have asked more from him.

Yes the second leg he was disappointing but if I remember correctly in the post match interview did he not take all the blame for the loss??

run

I'm grown up enough to care more about the shirt, than who's wearing it. Especially if they don't want to.

I seriously can't believe how angry some of you are that others of us aren't sufficiently saddened that dude is leaving, or reverent enough. Cesc is a very good football player...but in a few days he won't be an Arsenal football player, and they're the only players "I wish well".

And the players I "remember fondly", the "legends" (as so many are calling him) left under much better circumstances -- they didn't engineer transfers when we were down. So later for Cesc, it's time to move on.

GOONER1991

Established Member

abz_14 said:
Im talking about the games against Barcelona in the 09/10 season not the season gone.

But even last seasons games, the first I thought he (and the entire team too) played a brilliant game, couldnt have asked more from him.

Yes the second leg he was disappointing but if I remember correctly in the post match interview did he not take all the blame for the loss??

He did indeed, on Twitter. As well he should. Had he not acted like a tit, we'd have gone into half time 0-0. I don't understand how taking the blame for his mistake makes it any better though? He was trying to show off (which as captain and an experienced player he shouldn't have), then doesn't play the majority of games there after, doesn't come to the final game of the season, doesn't play in pre-season, and runs off to Barca the next season.

It's easy to take blame when there are no consequences. Doesn't make what he did any better.

abz_14

@run

Who is saying they dont care about the shirt?

So dross like Diaby Almunia and Denilson you are willing to hold in a higher esteem than Cesc then? Cesc may not have achieved any trophies with us but while playing for this club he gave it his all. I cant ask a player for more than that to be honest.

@GOONER1991

I am not suggesting Cesc is 'squeaky clean', rather my above point-when he has played for us, he gave it his all. Regarding the backheel, once again I feel nerves were a issue. Its a shame that his 8 years at Arsenal can only bring back one moment of stupidness.

arsenallegends

Established Member

@ Abs about Cesc apology
Thats standard. Doesn't change the fact he couldn't adjust mentally for combat and speaking of his self critical nature, for some reason I think subconsciously that was his way of coping out, internalizing the fact that he couldn't bare the weight on his shoulders, did all he could..yada yada yada...guess I'll just go play with my cule friends now that I gave it my best shot. He never really started.

abz_14

Do you think that Cesc has not been playing his best football or giving it his 'best shot'. We would have one a handful of trophies if Cesc was backed up with players of a similar ability to himself rather than some of the deadwood our club has gathered over the last few years. I dont blame the guy when he looks over at his mates in Barca seeing them win just about everything in their path while he has to have Denilson and Diaby as team mates. Once again, its a shame that after 8 years with us that some of you can minimise his Arsenal career to the last few months and a backheel.

GOONER1991

Established Member

abz_14 said:
@GOONER1991

I am not suggesting Cesc is 'squeaky clean', rather my above point-when he has played for us, he gave it his all. Regarding the backheel, once again I feel nerves were a issue. Its a shame that his 8 years at Arsenal can only bring back one moment of stupidness.

Okay, I'll accept that he gave it his all for much of those 8 years, but I can't help but feel that despite the fact he hasn't come out and talked to the media, he has still acted badly. I feel that he used us to get his opportunity, and had he stayed at Barca he wouldn't be the player he is today. Look at Thiago. Most Catalans don't even want Cesc, because they think Thiago is immense. Thiago has owned every level he's played at, but is still a bench warmer. Cesc would be the same if not worse had he stayed at Barca. He used us to get his chances earlier, and the moment Barca came calling again, his head was turned. People say that he stayed for 8 years, and he's showed loyalty and paid his dues. Well for 6 of those years, Arsenal were working on him making him the player he is today, and the next two were used building a system and formation to suit him. He's spent 40% of the past 2 years on the sidelines, and the moment things get hard at Arsenal he jumps ship back to Barca. We spent all those years making him what he is today, and at 24 he's not even in his prime yet. However Barca are going to reap the rewards of all our hard work.

Also, no. The backheel is not what he will be remembered for. I will remember THAT goal against Tottenham, the goal against AC Milan, the pass to Henry against Liverpool in 2006 amongst others. The backheel is simply an example of how Cesc has let the club down recently.

arsenallegends

Established Member

What about 5 of the super front 6 he was surrounded by!! Diaby has barely every played for us and Denilson I give you but what about

WILSHERE
GILBERTO
FLAMINI
ROSICKY
HLEB
RVP
HENRY
SONG

They are capable good players he established football chemistry with!

abz_14

@GOONER1991

I see where you're coming from mate, in a sense he has 'used' us as a stepping stone to go to Barcelona. Completely true also is that Cesc would not be the player he is if he had stayed at Barcelona. Thing is I am pretty sure that last summer Wenger promised he would buy players of quality so that we can challenge and who came in of note? Did Wenger not do the same with Henry as well?

Regarding memories, yes the three you chose are pretty good but I also remember this at 2.08-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVT0i52borU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVT0i52borU</a>

Loved it!!!!

@arsenallegends

Wilshere was just this past season so I wouldnt count him. Out of that list Gilberto, Henry and RvP would be the only players of high quality that he has 'football chemistry' with. Although if we had kept the quartet of Flamini, Rosicky, Hleb and Cesc and added to it we would have surely won a trophy or two.

stiiphunn

Established Member

Big Poppa said:
P_Gunner said:
Seriously, half of you need to grow the **** up. Firstly to Shue, outlaw is bang on correct. Bergkamp was surrounded by quality world class players, Fabregas has been surrounded by **** for 5 years now. Outlaw made a mistake in saying that Wenger bought great players to surround him - but there's no need to capitalize on a single mistake he made in his post when you know what the point he was trying to convey is. Although Wenger bought relatively unknown players to surround Bergkamp, they played at a high level almost immediately. Bergkamp really only had to play with a weak squad for 1 season.

Fabregas on the other hand only got to play with a strong squad when he was 17. For the past 5 years he has been surrounded by mediocre players such as Denilson, Diaby, Almunia, Eboue etc. getting games week in week out no matter what mistakes they made. Fabregas has literally carried this team for years giving 100% week in week out for his entire duration here. Had Bergkamp been in the same situation would he have stayed? I have no clue, but Bergkamp's duration during the club was a very successful one and he was also getting on in age so he had no reason to leave.

As for run, seriously - grow the **** up. Anyone bashing Fabregas and saying he doesn't love the club is blind and hasn't watched him these past few years. Anyone that believes the rumors that Fabregas actually paid money out of his pocket to leave the club is as dumb as those that seriously think Tevez would come to Arsenal. Fabregas wanted to go to Barcelona, no doubt, and in my opinion he had a valid reason to do so. He wants to win trophies, everyone does, and he won't be able to do so unless Wenger strengthens the squad - something Wenger has made obvious that he refuses to do. If we are trophyless this season as well RVP could be next on the line to leave - are you all going to belittle him then and turn on him like the fickle people you are? In fact, RVP already stated about a year or 2 ago that Arsenal needs to win trophies or he may move on... or have you conveniently forgotten that?

Fabregas handled this transfer respectfully - like he should have. He sat back and let the people upstairs deal with all the formalities. He didn't get involved by going to the press or trying to force his way out - thats the way it should be done and he should be commended for it; not slated. He's nothing like Adebayor and "Beyonce" or Hleb and his "Barca only comes calling once". He sat down quietly and he allowed the club to take its time to make the deal go through.

And to anyone who thinks Fabregas made the backheel against Barca mistake purposely - you're the dumbest of them all. Everyone makes mistakes, Cesc just unfortunately made one at a wrong time. If you think he had no commitment during that game then go look for the ******* distance he ran. When he was substituted he was one of the people that ran the most, closing down all game and trying his hardest to get things going.

Show the man some respect. I'm not happy to be losing our best player either but that's no excuse to act like a fickle *******.

Couldn't agree more. Football fans by our very nature are thoroughly fickle, impartial short-termists. The Internet just happens to have magnified it.
Great post. I have nothing but respect for Cesc. I am very sad to see him leave, but he's always acted and played with class and heart. On the pitch he has never given anything less than 100%. As for off the pitch, he's always been loyal to us, even though Real and Barca were after him.

He's a great guy and he really does not deserve any of the criticism he's getting. I can understand some of the frustration, but I do not understand some of the comments made by a few ****** on this forum.

outlaw_member

Established Member

Accomplished said:
I actually agree with Outlaw on this. Whilst they weren't top players when purchased, they delivered very quickly and Bergkamp did not have to wait long at all to start winning things. That's the point he is making.

Thank you, that's exactly the point I was making. I even elaborated on this when I mentioned how they all instantly impacted the team in order to further clarify what I was driving at.

Shue said:
**** yourself, he was trying to imply Wenger had done something different with Cesc when the only difference was he didn't get lucky with the punts he took like he did with that crop of signings, and my point was equally obvious, and you either didn't understand it or you're being an argumentative tw*t.

Nice one, you just pointed out where the 'misunderstanding' came from. For your information, that is not what I was implying at all.

P.S If you've actually read my posts, you'd know that I've stated frequently that I don't believe that Wenger has ever actually changed. That the only difference is that his punts are no longer as successful as they once were in the past, and that his career has been defined by the gambles he has taken. That you can draw numerous similarities from his old days and his new ones. Overmars and Rosicky for example, Petit's replacement and Flamini's replacement another and numerous other things. So I couldn't have possibly implied that Wenger tried something different, when I don't actually believe that. Thank you and good day!

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Pique is just a childish child, on his facebook he has a picture of Fabregas in a Barcelona qatar foundation shirt photoshopped by himself what a real guy..

AFC-Phil

Established Member

GOONER1991 said:
Well for 6 of those years, Arsenal were working on him making him the player he is today

He became WC in 07/08, so he reached a very high level before 6 years...

07/08, 08/09, 09/10 and 10/11 are all years that he's been a WC player at Arsenal. Even in 05/06, he was bossing Juve's midfield (Vieira and co) and Madrid's midfield. (Zidane and co)

outlaw_member

Established Member

Shue said:
You're a cross between DaG and Classy now, RIP the good poster you used to be.

It's clear that this exercise in futility was borne out of an assumption you made as to what you thought I was implying. What you thought I meant by the top players comment, and what I actually meant was not the same. Even if it were confusing at first, then fair enough, but I elaborated further in any case. Just a whole lot of pedantry, even if you are right. So stop throwing your toys out of the pram.

Le Titi

HollandGooner said:
Pique is just a childish child, on his facebook he has a picture of Fabregas in a Barcelona qatar foundation shirt photoshopped by himself what a real guy..

I'm pretty sure that is a photo someone tagged him in, not something Pique uploaded/photoshopped himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom