• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We needed Özil,no doubt about that.Just because he didn't perform at his level from Real is something different.I know what you mean,but do you think that he wanted to put trust on Jack,Cazorla and Ramsey and give them chance over Cesc ? Maybe that was a case.

Also,Wenger thought : "You left for Barca,didn't make there and now want to come back to Arsenal.Can't happen dude. "

Imagine a midfield of Fabregas-Ramsey-Özil...win every game at the Emirates 4-0, but we would never win away from home :lol:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Of course the clause existed, but Wenger was never going to trigger it once he knew Cesc wanted to go to Chelsea.

Yeah,it's kinda weird tbf.I thought that Barcelona must sell Cesc to Arsenal at first place,but if we refuse he can go to other club.Maybe Cesc thought that we'll reject him and looked for external solution in Chelsea with that talk with Mourinho ? :lol:

Reactions: A_G

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Fabregas is an employee. He has to earn his living. First and foremost.

I believe that although he may not have really wanted to go to Arsenal over other clubs him, his agent and Arsenal had a decision to make. Arsenal made no decision. They didnt make it public that we didnt need or want him as to not look stupid.

Fabregas held all the cards. Have a deal in the background to fall back on. If Arsenal dont want me then I have a competitive Chelsea side with more money. If Arsenal do want me maybe I can galvanise the team.

If Fabregas is lying then why doesnt Wenger or someone from the club come out and say well actually what you are saying is untrue?? Wenger has nothing to lose now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Fabregas is an employee. He has to earn his living. First and foremost.

I believe that although he may not have really wanted to go to Arsenal over other clubs him, his agent and Arsenal had a decision to make. Arsenal made no decision. They didnt make it public that we didnt need or want him as to not look stupid.

Fabregas held all the cards. Have a deal in the background to fall back on. If Arsenal dont want me then I have a competitive Chelsea side with more money. If Arsenal do want me maybe I can galvanise the team.

If Fabregas is lying then why doesnt Wenger or someone from the club come out and say well actually what you are saying is untrue?? Wenger has nothing to lose now.
Wenger never speaks about the people he’s worked with, we’ve seen this for 30 years, it’s seems an unwritten rule for him.

The guys running the club now weren’t here when this was going on, they have nothing to speak about either.

Just Cesc speaking, says everything.

say yes

forum master baiter
Of course the clause existed, but Wenger was never going to trigger it once he knew Cesc wanted to go to Chelsea.
Not following you on this one. It’s well-recorded that Arsenal had first-refusal, and Fabregas says he was desperate to return here but when contacted we didn’t pick up the option. Once it was clear we weren’t going to make a move he was free to speak to other suitors.

Would be bizarre for Cesc to lie about this. Much more likely that we simply didn’t have the funds to buy both Cesc and Sanchez that summer, and so we prioritised the Sanchez signing. People forget how tight this club is sometimes. Don’t think it would have helped Cesc’s case the way he originally left either.

Must have killed Wenger letting Cesc sign for Chelsea, but, if it was Cesc or Sanchez, then I think he made the right decision.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Not following you on this one. It’s well-recorded that Arsenal had first-refusal, and Fabregas says he was desperate to return here but when contacted we didn’t pick up the option. Once it was clear we weren’t going to make a move he was free to speak to other suitors.

Would be bizarre for Cesc to lie about this. Much more likely that we simply didn’t have the funds to buy both Cesc and Sanchez that summer, and so we prioritised the Sanchez signing. People forget how tight this club is sometimes. Don’t think it would have helped Cesc’s case the way he originally left either.

Must have killed Wenger letting Cesc sign for Chelsea, but, if it was Cesc or Sanchez, then I think he made the right decision.

This.It so weird that something like that happend.

Barcelona had obligation to contact Arsenal and we refused offer.How he could make deal with Chelsea,with no clue what will happen with his situation in Arsenal ?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Wenger never speaks about the people he’s worked with, we’ve seen this for 30 years, it’s seems an unwritten rule for him.

The guys running the club now weren’t here when this was going on, they have nothing to speak about either.

Just Cesc speaking, says everything.

Cesc is merely telling the fans who gave him **** for joining Chelsea why he went there.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

He also said Arsenal didnt even have the decency to let him know they weren't going to take up the offer.

I believe everything he said. I do probably think his agent was working on the side as well incase the Arsenal deal didnt materialise which is also normal.

Bottom line Arsène and Arsenal didnt want him or didnt have the money to do the deal. Simple as.

Wengers silence isnt/wasnt a good quality. There is nothing wrong with coming out and saying....at the time we only had money for one star or he thought he had enough. By saying nothing you never hold yourself accountable or those around you.

Fallout

i'm more sympathetic to cesc after the interview. obviously that was his intention by doing it, so well done i guess.

i think his stated reasons for leaving were valid. the quality of the squad had been degrading every season since his arrival and he was levels above everyone bar a handful of players. and on top of that, i can understand getting annoyed at other players for having weak mentalities after defeats and at wenger for being too scared and non-confrontational with them. these are issues we as fans could diagnose from the outside -- imagine how irritating it must be if youre on the inside and you want to seriously compete.

i do, however, believe that he flirted with the barca boys while on spain duty, and thats snakey behavior no matter how you dress it up. still, we should and could have done more as a club to keep him (e.g. alonso situation).

overall, its a lose-lose situation for him. i probably would have left as well if i were in his shoes. he had outgrown us.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I don’t understand the Cesc thing anyway, he done little wrong really but it seems him of all people hasn’t found peace.

He pushed to leave, got his wish. But is now throwing others under the bus. You made your bed.
He refused to train whilst captain. That's unforgivable.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Lol the way Cesc left was wrong there’s no two ways about it.
He was right to leave and am I bothered? Honestly not I’m at peace with it, it happens.

Let’s not rewrite history though :lol:
- He went on strike and watched formula one when he was supposed to be with us.
- Joined another London club which is not on really (he’s in Monaco now which proves it wasn’t necessary)
- Out of nowhere he’s come out and shat on the team, conveniently forgetting his own short comings and acting like he was the only one who wanted to win.

I don’t begrudge him, he gave us almost a decade of service but all these violins for Cesc has got to stop seriously.
Agreed with all points.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Knowing Wenger, he also didn't want to disrupt what he probably thought was a competitive midfield. We had tons of cash reserves.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Untitled.jpg

2.jpg

I believe Wenger more than Fabregas. I don't even care about him joining Chelsea, I just don't understand why he still pretends to be an "Arsenal man" or whatever. He should just own the fact that he left because he thought he could do better, the way RVP does.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Untitled.jpg

2.jpg

I believe Wenger more than Fabregas. I don't even care about him joining Chelsea, I just don't understand why he still pretends to be an "Arsenal man" or whatever. He just own the fact that he left because he thought he could do better, the way RVP does.

Think in their own way, Cesc and Robin are trying to show they still care about Arsenal...they are both not quite doing it the right way though.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Untitled.jpg

2.jpg

I believe Wenger more than Fabregas. I don't even care about him joining Chelsea, I just don't understand why he still pretends to be an "Arsenal man" or whatever. He just own the fact that he left because he thought he could do better, the way RVP does.

Why we would be angry if someone say nice things about our club ? :lol:,He feels like part of Arsenal because he spent 8 years there,was captain,best player for most time in Emirates Era and loved by fans.And most players care about titles.It just lack of ambition if they don't care and have quality.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
So despite Cesc making all the right noises publicly , Arsenal and Wenger didn't inquire about resigning him from Barca at any point? They never got a 'No' from Cesc in any form or at any time, despite being keen on him returning? Wenger was telling everyone on the preseason tour that they'd move for him if he became available, but when he did become available, Arsenal didn't, because Wenger knew different? The lack of transparency and truth is certainly suiting one party, and I'm thinking Wenger played another propaganda blinder here :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom