• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

^ indeed I am tired of it tbh the guy isn’t even relevant.
He got all the trophies he could ever want in the end, what’s the big deal.
This attitude that Cesc was hard done by somehow seriously has to stop, he was treated very well here and we got 8 years of good service from him.

musoke

OMG..
I am one of the biggest CESC fans ever, got to admit..
This young man saw me through that draught period (We are paying for the STADIUM). The kind of football he was orchestrating during the early Emirates era I can never forget. We weren't winning trophies but I was more than confident of finishing in the Top 3-4 with Cesc in the team. That is the confidence he instilled in me. With Fabregas in the team I awlays felt like we had a chance of creating countless chances, scoring goals and winning games..

I felt like we just needed to strengthen the Defense, DM and Goalie. All the other position were fine.
But it never happened..

Just looking back at that time Cesc, Nasri, Rosicky, Wilshere, and even Diaby / Hleb / Flamini. Had Adebayor and RVP..
The beautiful football we used to play. Wow..

And that beautiful football died the moment the Cesc era came to an end.. We have been playing very boring, methodical, Mechanical, no style, get in there and hope for the best kind of football.

Can tell you what style of football we have been playing since the likes of Cesc / Nasri left. Is it attacking football, defensive football, Counter attacking football etc?

Arteta seems to be getting us from out of the wilderness style-wise.

musoke

I compared his big game record to KDB in a post in November 2018 and they're not far off:
Sp**s
KDB 1 goal, 0 assists in 3 games
Özil 1 goal, 0 assists in 4 games

Chelsea
KDB 1 goal, 0 assists in 3 games
Özil 0 goals, 0 assists in 4 games

United
KDB 1 goal, 0 assists in 4 games
Özil 1 goal, 1 assist in 4 games

Liverpool
KDB 0 goals, 0 assists in 2 games
Özil 0 goals, 0 assists in 3 games

Wasted his best season on this:
Cg0Pf2sUcAEisDO.jpg
But that is not fair to bash Giroud.
Can't Giroud also turn around and say. "Look, Özil did not provide me any assists during those goalless games?
For real, Özil has had Auba and Laca for how many seasons now? Have his assist / chances created stats gone through the roof?

Let be fair on Giroud too.. Blamed him for all our problems but I don't see much change since we got rid of him..

musoke

It got embarrassing in the end.
Was it Gallas who spilled the beanz on how SENDEROS was literally shaking in the dressing room because he was terrified of DROGBA?
And that nearly everyone had to come over and comfort him assuring him that he needed to relax and just concentrate on the game plan.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is how I feel. I use to hate on him a lot but we tried to replace him and spent 50 million on a downgrade in Lacazette. Watching Laca make me realise I took Giroud for granted.

For a 10M signing as well he was top value. Decent record, big game player and lots of defences couldn’t handle him in the air and that’s without playing to his strengths a lot. He was electric that year we had him coming off the bench.

Yeah he couldn’t carry the burden on his own but it’s not his fault the club couldn’t get a striker in he could support. F*cked up the Higuain and Vardy deals and ended up with Lucas Perez.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
For a 10M signing as well he was top value. Decent record, big game player and lots of defences couldn’t handle him in the air and that’s without playing to his strengths a lot. He was electric that year we had him coming off the bench.

Yeah he couldn’t carry the burden on his own but it’s not his fault the club couldn’t get a striker in he could support. F*cked up the Higuain and Vardy deals and ended up with Lucas Perez.

Deep down, Vardy knew, he just ****ing knew that he couldn't displace Ollie as our centre forward...especially after that interview on Sky were Giroud was like...

rock_bring_it.gif

Giroud's had a great career when you think about it...great underdog title win in France, 4 FA Cups, a European title...for his country he is a world champion, Euro's runner up, 3rd all time top scorer.

We should have bought a top striker in 2015, but if Santi didn't miss the second half of the season, I reckon Sanchez and Giroud would have been enough to win the league that year.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why do Arsenal fans always do this? So many years you lot think one player injury is enough for us to win the league, news flash we would collapse with or without these players.

I loved Santi but he's become so overrated too.

The league was very winnable in 2015/2016, think we had a chance but we needed Caz for the whole season.

Not just us, I am sure Sp**s look at that season as the one that got away too.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Deep down, Vardy knew, he just ****ing knew that he couldn't displace Ollie as our centre forward...especially after that interview on Sky were Giroud was like...

rock_bring_it.gif

Giroud's had a great career when you think about it...great underdog title win in France, 4 FA Cups, a European title...for his country he is a world champion, Euro's runner up, 3rd all time top scorer.

We should have bought a top striker in 2015, but if Santi didn't miss the second half of the season, I reckon Sanchez and Giroud would have been enough to win the league that year.

That title was lost in the summer before, we needed another midfielder to help rotate Santi and another striker but we didn’t bring in a single outfield player.

Years of bad transfer policy finally caught up to us.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
But that is not fair to bash Giroud.
Can't Giroud also turn around and say. "Look, Özil did not provide me any assists during those goalless games?
For real, Özil has had Auba and Laca for how many seasons now? Have his assist / chances created stats gone through the roof?

Let be fair on Giroud too.. Blamed him for all our problems but I don't see much change since we got rid of him..
That's because the rest of the team has deteriorated since then. But in the 15/16 season he was the clear weak link, a better CF and that team wins the title.

musoke

That's because the rest of the team has deteriorated since then. But in the 15/16 season he was the clear weak link, a better CF and that team wins the title.
The whole team was a weak link..
Who stood up in the second half of that season to provide clearcut chances for Giroud?
And can anyone show me the chances that were created for Giroud from the likes of Ramsey, Özil, Santi etc that he kept fluffing.

I watched that second half of the season, it was terrible.. Starting with the likes of Sunderland, Swansea etc and we were so bad. We had absolutely no ideas whatsoever. Giroud had no service, everything kept breaking down in Midfield. No saying that Giroud was top class himself. But he was as bad as everyone else. I always thought that he was a second choice / off the bench. Or needed a smaller striker / attacking meidfielder to play off him. The only midfielder that could try was Ramsey but he was mostly playing from deep and making disguised late runs.

Not a single player that season stepped up in the second half.

And I never felt like we were going to win the league that season with the final fixures and the players we had. I remember thinking we had favourable fixures in the first half and we did not take full advantage. We had played most of the so called Top 6 and dogged teams at the Emirates and did not open up a big enough lead. It was not convincing. Then in the second half we had to play most of (Liverpool, Stoke, Man United, Tottenham, Everton, West Ham, Man City etc) AWAY.
No match was going to be easy for us even at home, with the likes of Leicester, Swansea, Chelsea, Sunderland etc digging in..

I felt that we fluttered to deceive in 15/16 and that the second half of that season was going to be the real test.. And we failed miserably.

It was between Leicester and Tottenhem right down to the last few games. Then Chelsea triggered Spuds at Stanford Bridge and that was that for the sorry lot.. Us finishing 2nd was as deceiving as any stat will ever tell you..

musoke

The rest of the team Deteriorated?
Or may be it is because that season was just a fluke for us to even finish 2nd. We stayed stagnant in the same position while the other teams fell off..
To me even looking back to that team in 15/16 I see absolutely no difference from the teams we had 3 seasons back or the current team. Same old weak mentality and attitude. They always crumble with the slightest bit of pressure. It's the other teams that fall off to give us these false dawns.
We have not deteriorated..LOL...
We have stayed stagnant. As I said nothing has really changed. It's the other teams that fall off one season here and there but then come back to their rightful positions while we stay the same.
No deterioration whatsoever. We are exactly where we have been for season upon season, (in the 70 points mark)
These are the last 7 seasons
2012/13 = 73 Points
2013/14 = 79 Points
2014/15 = 75 Points.
2015/16 = 71 Points
2016/17 = 75 Points.
2017/18 = 63 Points
2018/19 = 70 Points

We did not have the player mentality, attitude to win it in 15/16. We had as much quality as the likes of Sp**s and Leicester but the weak, brittle mentality and attitude that both Arsenal and Sp**s inhabit is something else. Leicester added toughness..

We always delude ourselves with :"If we had this particular player then we would have won this and that."
If we had a decend DM we would have won. We buy a DM but then it changes to; "If we had a decent CB that seaosn we would have won.
We buy a CB. But then it changes to, "If we had a decent Goalkeeper this and that season we would have won. We get that goal keeper. But then it changes to, "If we had this type of a striker we would have won etc. We go and get that striker but then the goal post is moved again.

What this tells me is that the majority of the team is weak, poor and average. Been that way for seasons..

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This is what he always should have been doing anyway...his time at Arsenal, while very good, is just too "grey" to really be associated with the club at this point...should always be pandering to Chelsea.

Jesus, @American_Gooner straight in with the like, respect the hustle :lol:
Krengon actually posted it literally seconds before I was about to, glad someone else can't stand this freak as much I can't.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's like a crazy partner that's great in bed so you are always tempted for more, but you can never completely trust them as you are constantly worried you are going to wake up with scissors near your ****...

The fanbase just needs to let go of Cesc, as good as he was...Fab needs to let us go aswell, tbf :lol:

Top Bottom