• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's very difficult to join a league rival, and for it to not affect your standing with your previous club..how many have done it from Arsenal...

Paddy joining City was fine, as was Sagna...I feel Kolo is still beloved here as the club forced him out by stupidly picking Gallas over him...don't think Anelka is particularly hated despite playing for the Chavs, but he's a bit like the town bike bless him, everyone has had a ride of him :lol:

Even if it's the right career move, like Robin joining Untied in 2012, it still does take something away, just the way football is.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
It's very difficult to join a league rival, and for it to not affect your standing with your previous club..how many have done it from Arsenal...

Paddy joining City was fine, as was Sagna...I feel Kolo is still beloved here as the club forced him out by stupidly picking Gallas over him...don't think Anelka is particularly hated despite playing for the Chavs, but he's a bit like the town bike bless him, everyone has had a ride of him :lol:

Even if it's the right career move, like Robin joining Untied in 2012, it still does take something away, just the way football is.

At the end of the day,most players put themselves in first place and they made decisions that is good for them.

All that stuff about being "legend" is kinda overrated.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Cesc gave us moments—real moments that only great Arsenal players have given us. Those ridiculous NLD goals; standing up to aggression with incredible performances and goals against pure ****; the CL goal against Juve in the 2-0 and the 25 yarder at the San Siro... while all Özil gave us was a great goal against the mighty Ludogereygstsgssets. No real memories to cherish at all really.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We didn't want to sign him. What should he have done?
Gone to the Turkish league or Championship because he loved us?

Like you said, it is what it is. But he gave us 8 years. So I'll always love him as a player. My best memories as an Arsenal fan was during his era
Joining Chelsea was the right choice, who is saying otherwise? That’s my point.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cesc gave us moments—real moments that only great Arsenal players have given us. Those ridiculous NLD goals; standing up to aggression with incredible performances and goals against pure ****; the CL goal against Juve in the 2-0 and the 25 yarder at the San Siro... while all Özil gave us was a great goal against the mighty Ludogereygstsgssets. No real memories to cherish at all really.
Özil helped break our trophy duck. I didn’t know this was another Özil vs Cesc thread.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Joining Chelsea was the right choice, who is saying otherwise? That’s my point.
Several pages back, some posters claim that Cesc became dead to them the moment he went to Chelsea

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Özil helped break our trophy duck. I didn’t know this was another Özil vs Cesc thread.
Özil wasn't integral to our FA cup wins. I can't really find a particular match where he was immense and won us the game in those three FA cup runs

GDeep™

League is very weak
Several pages back, some posters claim that Cesc became dead to them the moment he went to Chelsea
So? That’s football, people said the same about Cole and RvP. It’s the nature of the beast you can say.

Doesn’t mean you or others have to run and put on your superhero outfits.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

So? That’s football, people said the same about Cole and RvP. It’s the nature of the beast you can say.

Doesn’t mean you or others have to run and put on your superhero outfits.
I didn't criticize those players for leaving Arsenal.

I admit I was hurt by it at the time. But once I got over it, I began to see things from a new perspective.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

You're very good at diverting an argument, I'll give you that

GDeep™

League is very weak
I didn't criticize those players for leaving Arsenal.

I admit I was hurt by it at the time. But once I got over it, I began to see things from a new perspective.
All great players, all probably made the right choices, I think Cole saw the shift early with Chelsea spending and us becoming tight. That said, when you join a rival you’re burning bridges.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You're very good at diverting an argument, I'll give you that
Honestly with you half the time I don’t even know what the argument is. Even now, what are we arguing? You accused people of being bitter and they’re not.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Honestly with you half the time I don’t even know what the argument is. Even now, what are we arguing? You accused people of being bitter and they’re not.
You asked me who said Cesc joining Chelsea wasn't the right choice. I told you that several pages back, some posters were slaughtering him for joining Chelsea.

Instead of responding to it,
Your response was "so what?"

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There's definitely a general bitterness toward ex Arsenal players who joined PL rivals. Some of them are more justified (nasri,rvp) than others.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

. That said, when you join a rival you’re burning bridges.
That doesn't mean I'll love him any less.

I didn't witness our success of the late 90s and early 2000s. I started supporting Arsenal in 2005. Which means I got to watch a lot of Cesc and my happiest times as an Arsenal fan was when he was here.

I can't let that go easily :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

In hindsight, this was a bad move for him

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Most of us would do same thing on Cesc's place.

Just because we're fans of Arsenal and support team in tough and good times,under different circumstances and feel affection for club,it doesn't go same for most players.Football is their job and they search for better achievements all the time.It's easy to blame someone when watching things from differenct perspective.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Rvp joining Man U was treacherous, he was here long enough and he knew better. Ultimately he definitely did the right thing though.
Cesc was all good until he went to Chelsea and acted like he had no choice. These times he’s in bloody Monaco now lol

Both showed me an important lesson in life that sometimes you have to secure the dynasty even if it upsets people.

Everything else was fair game off the top of my head tbh, including all the city transfers.

Giroud I just didn’t care tbh, was relieved somebody took him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

At the time I bought into the Cole smear campaign but now that I am older, all nonsense tbh the club should have just paid him properly.

We ended up with another d*ckhead in Gallas anyways might as well have kept the guy who was arguably the best in the world in his position instead.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
At the time I bought into the Cole smear campaign but now that I am older, all nonsense tbh the club should have just paid him properly.

We ended up with another d*ckhead in Gallas anyways might as well have kept the guy who was arguably the best in the world in his position instead.

Whatever Arsenal could offer him Chelsea would blow it out of the water anyway.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom