• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Cesc was slightly different because he was a genuine Barca graduate and fan; never made a secret of it. Didn’t like it but he made the (correct) call that Wengers then project had gone south. Ironic that he was never actually successful at Barca, only when he returned to Chelsea, when Wenger refused to let bygones be bygones.

Nasri, Adebayor and Anelka for that matter were just money grabbing ****s, each of whom would have been far more successful as both footballers and human beings (as opposed to money magnets), had they stayed. Thery were also complete ****ing mongs, tbh.

VP felt worse because it was calculated. He was positively disingenuous in his dealings with the club (much like Sol was with Spuds), was the best player in his position in the entire Prem when he left and handed manure the title when we still perceived them, albeit naively, as major competition.me & why i say
This perfectly sums up the situation for me & why i say any player who spent 5 years or more at The Arsenal deserves some respect.
This is especially so for an elite one in a period when we were not capable of challenging for honours.

I actually dont blame RVP either although it felt worse because we had nursed him through injuries & it wasnt his boyhood club.
But hand on heart can i hate the guy for going to Man U to win a title when there was no way he was getting one here?
Nah it hurt but cant blame the fella. He was an Arsenal player for longer & tbf we got good money for him.
As said top players want to win things in a short career, Cesc & RVP were the last 2 elite players here & the simple fact is we were not good enough to match their ambition & win.
As beany mentions the sol situation we gained by being a top club at the time & He came to us for nothing 😂 .

Talking of that lot down the road Its the same reason Kane now wants to go to Man City.

Last edited:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Think Cesc is hugely understood and think in his heart of hearts he really is quite a gooner.

All in all I think he's a real good lad and I hope he goes on to be a coach or manager and maybe some day becomes affiliated with the club.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger forced him out anyway. Cesc saw through the old and tired snake oil pitch and wondered rightly why he was hanging around a banter club when he could go and play for the best side in the world. Any footballer in his position would have did what he had to do to gtfo.

Best midfielder of his type to ever play for us and walks into any side we’ve ever had. Legend.
He ain’t going to shag you mate.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think Cesc is hugely understood and think in his heart of hearts he really is quite a gooner.

All in all I think he's a real good lad and I hope he goes on to be a coach or manager and maybe some day becomes affiliated with the club.
I’m sure he has fond memories, nothing more. The guy pushed for a move, constantly drools online over his time at Chelsea etc, calling him a gooner is bit of a push.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If Cesc tripped over the football more often and was less than half the player he was, he’d have people wishing he left earlier because he deserved a better team
😭

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
If Cesc tripped over the football more often and was less than half the player he was, he’d have people wishing he left earlier because he deserved a better team
😭
Yup, people like players like Robin Van Persie and Mesut Özil who weren't that good

TinFish

Massive Cesc fan here. Easily the best player we’ve had over the emirates era. I know he loves Arsenal. Just unfortunately the lad handled himself wrong when wanting to leave for one of the best teams ever assembled.

My respect is for his loyalty during the peak years. We won’t see that from players today. Saka will be gone in a few seasons time.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Massive Cesc fan here. Easily the best player we’ve had over the emirates era. I know he loves Arsenal. Just unfortunately the lad handled himself wrong when wanting to leave for one of the best teams ever assembled.

My respect is for his loyalty during the peak years. We won’t see that from players today. Saka will be gone in a few seasons time.
People let their bitterness cloud their logic. Of course Cesc treasures his time here--more so than at any other club, I reckon. It was a dream come true for him. He had adoration like he got nowhere else, and he's only human at the end of the day. Does he wish he did things slightly different? Maybe, maybe not. In his heart, he's a gooner and he knows he is. Why would he have to fake it? He's rich, he has a family and all he needs. He doesn't need any more validation from anywhere else.

Top Bottom