• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

People let their bitterness cloud their logic. Of course Cesc treasures his time here--more so than at any other club, I reckon. It was a dream come true for him. He had adoration like he got nowhere else, and he's only human at the end of the day. Does he wish he did things slightly different? Maybe, maybe not. In his heart, he's a gooner and he knows he is. Why would he have to fake it? He's rich, he has a family and all he needs. He doesn't need any more validation from anywhere else.
no other clubs care for him tbh except us. he is a nobody at chelsea, barca and now monaco to be remembered by their fans.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
People let their bitterness cloud their logic. Of course Cesc treasures his time here--more so than at any other club, I reckon. It was a dream come true for him. He had adoration like he got nowhere else, and he's only human at the end of the day. Does he wish he did things slightly different? Maybe, maybe not. In his heart, he's a gooner and he knows he is. Why would he have to fake it? He's rich, he has a family and all he needs. He doesn't need any more validation from anywhere else.
Why do people feel that way in the first place? We always knew he would go to Barca one day, luckily for us he gave his best for Arsenal, not Barca.
And also, he wanted to come back, but Arsenal didn't want him. I guess WH and Palace weren't legit options for him so he went to Chelsea, but the blame for that is on Arsenal, not on him.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
The only thing I hate about the whole Cesc thing is the way we let Barcelona cuckold us.

For years hearing about Barca DNA, then putting him in a Barca kit shamelessly while he was still our player. In the end, we got less for him than he was worth. It all leaves a bitter taste.

Had we just forced them to pay up the money and reinvested in the squad it would be much less painful. They were the best team in the world back then. Still one of my favorite players of the Emirates era.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Why do people feel that way in the first place? We always knew he would go to Barca one day, luckily for us he gave his best for Arsenal, not Barca.
And also, he wanted to come back, but Arsenal didn't want him. I guess WH and Palace weren't legit options for him so he went to Chelsea, but the blame for that is on Arsenal, not on him.
It’s the way he left and the drama around those Spanish team mates who he let diss the club. Classless

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The problem for most is how he went about getting his move, but for me, there’s always two sides and managers/clubs can be just as unscrupulous in their own pursuit of what they want too. I accept both sides of it as the business side of the game, and the players have to also adopt that mindset when trying to negotiate a path in their careers. The perfect recent example of how it can go wrong for them is Harry Kane.

Squillaci

He was easily worth 60 milion at the time at least and he went for what? 35 milion? Even that wasn't payed in full or some **** like that. God I hate Barcelona.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The problem for most is how he went about getting his move, but for me, there’s always two sides and managers/clubs can be just as unscrupulous in their own pursuit of what they want too. I accept both sides of it as the business side of the game, and the players have to also adopt that mindset when trying to negotiate a path in their careers. The perfect recent example of how it can go wrong for them is Harry Kane.
True. Talk of harry Kane the golden English boy. It’s so funny how the media don’t want to call him out for his disgraceful behaviour. If that was a foreign player boy oh boy

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
True. Talk of harry Kane the golden English boy. It’s so funny how the media don’t want to call him out for his disgraceful behaviour. If that was a foreign player boy oh boy
How has he acted disgracefully? He’s the totally innocent party who had a verbal agreement/promise which was broken 😳 He’s no golden English media darling either really.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

How has he acted disgracefully? He’s the totally innocent party who had a verbal agreement/promise which was broken 😳 He’s no golden English media darling either really.
No proof of verbal agreement. He is acting disgracefully because he is not giving his all for his shirt

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
World class player, does not qualify as an Arsenal legend - really not that hard to understand.

Nobody seriously considers him an Arsenal legend, if they do then they are mental.

TinFish

Not a legend, but best Emirates player by some distance. People forget how good he really was. Consistent too.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nobody seriously considers him an Arsenal legend, if they do then they are mental.
I’d say the majority of Arsenal fans do imo (again, not on this board) Certainly not enough to be deemed mental on something as subjective as what defines a club legend. Best player in his position we ever had. Not just fault we won nothing while he was here—that’s on the manager, and that’s ultimately why he ****ed off.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I’d say the majority of Arsenal fans do imo. Certainly not enough to be deemed mental on something as subjective as what defines a club legend.

Pre-Chelsea move, I wouldn't have argued with anyone that wanted to call him a legend.

Sort of a modern day Liam Brady type figure...world class talent and performances, the main guy in the team...both only major honour is the FA Cup too.

But I don't think you can play for Roman era Chelsea, plus be a legend at Arsenal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Pre-Chelsea move, I wouldn't have argued with anyone that wanted to call him a legend.

Sort of a modern day Liam Brady type figure...world class talent and performances, the main guy in the team...both only major honour is the FA Cup too.

But I don't think you can play for Roman era Chelsea, plus be a legend at Arsenal.
That’s where any argument on him not being a legend falls apart for me. Not being allowed to ever go on to play for any other club that could be considered our rivals, shouldn’t be in the criteria. You don’t tippy-toe through the rest of your career trying to please a bunch of sissy’s who no longer pay your bills.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Couldn't care less about the Chelsea move to be honest, the damage was done before that. My dislike for him all stems from the Barcelona saga. So called captain going on strike to force a move, that ain't no club legend.

The Barcelona move would have come for him eventually, no need to behave like he did. If anything he went there too soon as he found himself being played out of position. He was just another number there as well.

Top Bottom