• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Disagree.

Imagine
.. Cazorla Ramsey
.. Özil Cesc Alexis
......... Giroud

I think that team would have been delightful on the eye. Better than anything we seen before. It would have had the technique of the Fabregas, Rosicky, Hleb, Nasri era without the injury problems. So much sauce so many Wenger players. It would have been Wengers finest symphony in my mind. But it wasn't to be.

Are you sure we get Alexis?

Club spent a lot of money that window already so it might well have been Alexis or Cesc in which case we made the right decision.

Also it goes under the radar but he was declining after about 6 months. It would have been a brutal contract in a team that wasn’t as rich as Chelsea’s.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I personally think he always had his heart set on Chelsea

Remember Mourinho and Wenger's quotes at the time.

We were nowhere at the time as well. Why would Fabregas come back to a worse team than the one he left?

I don't care what is in Wenger's book, "He landed where he wanted to go"

I never bought the Arsenal turned him down either, lets be honest Chelsea offer way more money and a chance to win trophies doubt he would have chose us.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
This is all that needs to be said about that situation imo:

Untitled.jpg

2.jpg

That's strange because Barcelona had obligation to contact Arsenal first if they ever want to sell Fabregas.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Are you sure we get Alexis?

Club spent a lot of money that window already so it might well have been Alexis or Cesc in which case we made the right decision.

Also it goes under the radar but he was declining after about 6 months. It would have been a brutal contract in a team that wasn’t as rich as Chelsea’s.
Id have sacrificed Welbeck and Chambers to get it done. So yeah I think it was certainly possible to do it financially if we wanted to.

Was Fabregas done in 6 months not to my recollection.

Also I was probably OTT saying it would have been the best ever but it certainly could have been. So much sauce in that team.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What? Why is not believable? Kante choosing Chelsea over us isn't farfetched.
We signed Xhaka for the same money and Wenger basically said look where he ended up and make up your own mind. Doesn't add up to me.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Missing out on Luis Suarez in the summer of the 2013/14 season was a bigger loss than Cesc the following summer imo. We had enough creativity but we were stuck with a dud upfront.

Fabregas - Wilshere
Ramsey - Özil - Cazorla
Suarez

Suarez + Cesc the following summer would have enabled us to win the league and possibly the CL imo.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Is that even true or speculation? I doubt these kind of clauses are even solid like that.

That was the case when he signed for Chelsea.Barcelona had buy-out clause and Arsenal was first option for Fabregas if Barcelona wanted to sell him. We rejected him,like Wenger and Fabregas confirmed.

The thing is,how he could decide to go to Chelsea and make deal,while Barcelona and Arsenal had that clause ? Players don't have any influence there.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I also find the quotes about him landing where he wanted to go dubious. Wengers favourite goto, he said similiar about Kante when he signed for Chelsea. Deflect, deflect and deflect some more.

Nah that’s not deflection from him, when he starts saying , “I don’t know who is lying “and he’s that explicit it’s he’s pretty much being straight up.

Would rather have signed Kante to be honest.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Where are we getting all this money from ffs :lol:

It was either Suarez and Cesc (maybe)

Or Özil and Sanchez

Loved Fab, but he was the past, plus Alexis and Mes at their best here were top quality...

Happy the way it turned out, plus I never want to live in a reality where Welbeck never played for us, tbh...loved Dat Guy!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Id have sacrificed Welbeck and Chambers to get it done. So yeah I think it was certainly possible to do it financially if we wanted to.

Think that would’ve been a nightmare. Giroud, Debuchy and Koscielny missed over three months that season and we would’ve really struggled to put a team out.

You’re looking at Sanogo, Monreal at CB and Semi Ajayi starting for nearly four months so that title challenge still doesn’t happen.

Was Fabregas done in 6 months not to my recollection.

Yeah I remember Sp*rs absolutely embarrassing him as a CM when they got beaten 5-3 so Mourinho had to start playing him as an AM and his productivity took a slight hit in the latter part of the season.

Then the next two years he was done at the top level, was a liability in the midfield.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
That was the case when he signed for Chelsea.Barcelona had buy-out clause and Arsenal was first option for Fabregas if Barcelona wanted to sell him. We rejected him,like Wenger and Fabregas confirmed.

The thing is,how he could decide to go to Chelsea and make deal,while Barcelona and Arsenal had that clause ? Players don't have any influence there.

Where you there in the negotiations when they added that clause or is it just transfer season gossip people ran wild with?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Where are we getting all this money from ffs :lol:

It was either Suarez and Cesc (maybe)

Or Özil and Sanchez

Loved Fab, but he was the past, plus Alexis and Mes at their best here were top quality...

Happy the way it turned out, plus I never want to live in a reality where Welbeck never played for us, tbh...loved Dat Guy!

Signing Luis Suarez at the time would have easily been our best signing in years. He was literally an animal at the time, ripping and biting through teams in the PL.

Alexis wouldn’t have been needed.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
First option just means when Barcelona get an official bid, they have to tell us to see if we can match it, it doesn't mean Cesc HAS to join us...if we did speak to Cesc to 2014, he still would have chosen Chelsea.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

First option just means when Barcelona get an official bid, they have to tell us to see if we can match it, it doesn't mean Cesc HAS to join us...if we did speak to Cesc to 2014, he still would have chosen Chelsea.

Basically “Chelsea have offered 40M for Fabregas, do you want to?”

Doesn’t mean Cesc has to come to us or even that we’d want him here.

Top Bottom