• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn't we have first refusal on him when he left Barca and Wenger chose not to go for it? Good decision not to in hindsight.

He had some alright spells at Chelsea but he was nowhere near the player he was for us, there.

From around 2015 on, he was pretty much done as a top player...bit like Rooney, who also aged very badly.

We didn't need him back, Sanchez was was the far better signing for us in 2014...hate how he left us too, but at least he had the courtesy to be terrible from day 1 at United.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The way he left is why animosity is there.
He was one of the best players at the time and worth much more than what we got for him and that's because he behaved the way he did.
It was an entire year of him trying to get a move.

He was never loved and respected in Barcelona as he was here so he went to ****ing Chelsea. Come on.
He celebrated against us while he was in Chelsea.
Said Mourinho is better than Wenger.

He was twerking for Barcelona and Chelsea but Arsenal fans should feel some connection to this player and appreciate him?
Nah my man, **** him.
I certainly dont think he behaved in a good way to get the move but honestly cant really blame him for wanting to go to Barca.
Cesc was a top player & wanted to win things. He wasnt going to win anything with us. His crime really was being smart enough to see that after 6 or 7 years here.
As said we had 1st refusal to take him back didnt take it so he went to Chelsea. I think he wanted to come back.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Wish this prick would stop mentioning us every 2 minutes, he made his bed long ago. Never forget that this supposed "captain" sat on his arse to get a move. He's a footnote in this club's history and that's all he'll ever be.

As an aside, I'd like to think what's happening at Barca now is karma for the way they went about getting Fabregas away from here, hated that club ever since. Wouldn't surprise me if the ****s where still paying us installments on that deal.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He, like Van Persie, Nasri and Adebayor should be dead to us I reckon.

Sure they gave us some good times, but I think the manner in which they departed and their conduct thereafter says a lot about their characters. Of course they dont have the same love for the club as we do, but I think being honest about it being a business should be their approach about it.

Take your cue from Ashley Cole guys, stick to where you won your trophies. You were too big for us anyway.

Reactions: Xln

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Sure they gave us some good times, but I think the manner in which they departed and their conduct thereafter says a lot about their characters. Of course they dont have the same love for the club as we do, but I think being honest about it being a business should be their approach about it.

Take your cue from Ashley Cole guys, stick to where you won your trophies. You were too big for us anyway.
Cesc was slightly different because he was a genuine Barca graduate and fan; never made a secret of it. Didn’t like it but he made the (correct) call that Wengers then project had gone south. Ironic that he was never actually successful at Barca, only when he returned to Chelsea, when Wenger refused to let bygones be bygones.

Nasri, Adebayor and Anelka for that matter were just money grabbing ****s, each of whom would have been far more successful as both footballers and human beings (as opposed to money magnets), had they stayed. Thery were also complete ****ing mongs, tbh.

VP felt worse because it was calculated. He was positively disingenuous in his dealings with the club (much like Sol was with Spuds), was the best player in his position in the entire Prem when he left and handed manure the title when we still perceived them, albeit naively, as major competition.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Cesc took us to so many wins and top 4 trophies. Impossible to forget those moments. Real classy player. I'd rather be cucked by Cesc than be a fan of Özil.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

VP decisively ended the Man U rivalry once and for all and for someone who witnessed that era like me - it's is unforgivable. I stopped taking the club seriously after that one and have been a snarky pseudo-troll ever since.

Other than that, not sure how you could condemn one over the other, they all ducked out and left the club muddied when it suited them.

vantoure

Don't think it's fair to include Nasri in this. Till the end, he was of good service to Arsenal.

His last match, against Liverpool, was at least a 7.5 even when it was clear he was leaving. I don't get the hate he cops really

vantoure

Hleb was as important as Cesc, in the last Arsenal team to properly challenge for the league in 2008, to be fair to Alex

His goalscoring (or lack of it) is what really makes him look worse in retrospect, as on the ball he was brilliant...taking 3 years as an attacker (in a Wenger side) to get 10 goals, is kinda crazy.
you couldn't get the ball of that man. what a player

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
But to be fair to wenger and arsenal, ade has become a problem child, hleb was a slag who pulled every trick in the book to make sure he got his move, and flamini was within his rights to do what he did.
Good luck to the guy, his flirting with milan was abit too disrespectful to the fans to be honest, reminded me of the slag antics of hleb.
I had mixed feelings about the slag (hleb) when he was here, at his beast, he was an excellent player, his link up play with fab, rosicky etc at times was breath taking, he worked hard for the team too, BUT, you always knew he would never ever in a million years score, which for me was a major issue, so I was happy he went and we bought nasri, who I think will turn out to be a better player. Hleb was rather frustrating.
@Macho @Riou speaking of old posts about Hleb, sensing a theme here

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Fab was a great player for us, but I am still confused why he thinks he can be so beloved here, tbh.
‘Here’ as in on AM? I doubt he knows we exist…. The fact is he’s still loved by Arsenal fans away from this gaping hole. Don’t let it fool you 😀

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger forced him out anyway. Cesc saw through the old and tired snake oil pitch and wondered rightly why he was hanging around a banter club when he could go and play for the best side in the world. Any footballer in his position would have did what he had to do to gtfo.

Best midfielder of his type to ever play for us and walks into any side we’ve ever had. Legend.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

@Macho @Riou speaking of old posts about Hleb, sensing a theme here
I mean once he snuck off to Barca you're allowed to slag him off tbh. I soured on him (and he became a bit overrated over time by some on here) after the move myself.

He got canned on here for a fair bit simply because he was a senior player not quite doing enough, it was very mixed.

Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom