• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League 2016/17

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
If Zidane wins La liga and Cl(first to do it back to back) I wonder how he'll be regarded as a manager.

Barca was quite weaker this season in La Liga.Neymar and Suarez weren't in their top form and Atletico had bad start to the season.Other teams can't compete in Spain.For CL is different story,but he got lucky tonight.( Once again or no lol )

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
:lol:

I'm actually in tears, guy went on and actually compared avg. passing length instead of something useful like dribbling ffs.

We were talking about Messi's playmaking being better than Ronaldo, but just as usual you come in, spew utter ****, ignore everything that doesn't fit your agenda and leave.

I don't think you've ever contributed anything to these forums that wasn't trying to create a toxic environment or ridiculing posters by taking things out of context. You barely ever participate in any discussion, and even in the rare cases that you do, you resort to ad hominem attacks on posters to make yourself look better without actually contributing anything of value.

You can disagree with me/someone without acting like a ****. I posted those stats as they show how much more involved Messi is in the general play to back up what I said in an earlier post. I even said stats were a clear indicator here, not the end all be all.

But no, you just can't help yourself. It's honestly a shame that posters like you try to squash any form of debate on here in favour of personal insults and ridicule.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
We were talking about Messi's playmaking being better than Ronaldo, but just as usual you come in, spew utter ****, ignore everything that doesn't fit your agenda and leave.

I don't think you've ever contributed anything to these forums that wasn't trying to create a toxic environment or ridiculing posters by taking things out of context. You barely ever participate in any discussion, and even in the rare cases that you do, you resort to ad hominem attacks on posters to make yourself look better without actually contributing anything of value.

You can disagree with me/someone without acting like a ****. I posted those stats as they show how much more involved Messi is in the general play to back up what I said in an earlier post. I even said stats were a clear indicator here, not the end all be all.

But no, you just can't help yourself. It's honestly a shame that posters like you try to squash any form of debate on here in favour of personal insults and ridicule.

Dude, take a chil pill. You cannot deny that it's hilarious comparing their passing length or even forward passes.

Besides there was nothing to add, I agree with you, Messi is miles better it's not worth debating.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Dude, take a chil pill. You cannot deny that it's hilarious comparing their passing length or even forward passes.

Besides there was nothing to add, I agree with you, Messi is miles better it's not worth debating.

Passing length combined with forward passes and pass completion are some of the main metrics professional clubs use to identify a good passer of the ball. If you remove one of those 3, it makes the other 2 somewhat irrelavant. If you remove forward passes you end up with Denilson, remove length and you end up with El Neny, pass completion and you end up with Giroud etc. Gross simplification but the idea is sound.

I'll never advocate for judging a player only by stats (as I've often said on here) but the difference in passing ability between Messi and Ronaldo is so pronounced that it shows a massive swing on their stats as well, especially in chance creation and forward passes. It's the clear difference between the two; Messi is not only capable of dropping deep, he's literally the best in the world when creating from midfield. Ronaldo doesn't have anywhere near the same ability to operate in the pockets in midfield and basically lives on the line of the back 4.

It's ostensibly the only thing that separates the two best players in football history. They're both ridiculous goal scorer but one has more to his game.

Wilshere10

Messi is the better player, but Ronaldo is the more complete goalscorer. It's what you prefer really, but Messi scores basically the same amount as Ronaldo, while also being the best dribbler of all time and an unbelievable playmaker aswell. Ronaldo's game is focused on scoring and he does it better than anyone. But for me personally he's not on Messi's level.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
It's still long way for Real.Atletico can beat them easily,they must to forget past 3 years against Real in CL.Mental thing for sure.If Juve and Monaco go in semis,it would be interesting.Juve can beat them for sure.Monaco has small chance.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Messi is the better player, but Ronaldo is the more complete goalscorer. It's what you prefer really, but Messi scores basically the same amount as Ronaldo, while also being the best dribbler of all time and an unbelievable playmaker aswell. Ronaldo's game is focused on scoring and he does it better than anyone. But for me personally he's not on Messi's level.

It's just more interesting to people to have some debate about two great football players.In reality Messi is above Ronaldo for ages now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That is not what I typed mate.
It's a question you've asked yourself before though, isn't it? You know, after you've moved the session from the living room to the bathroom, and you're staring at yourself in the mirror with your jaw on the other side of the room! ;)

It's a question you've asked yourself before though, isn't it? You know, after you've moved the session from the living room to the bathroom, and you're staring at yourself in the mirror with your jaw on the other side of the room! ;)

I plead the fifth.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's as simple as that really. Messi has tons more in his locker, and he scores very close to the same amount of goals despite spinning more plates if you like. Only a wooden-top Man Utd fan or a lover of tight pink leather pants would think Ronaldo is the better player (@Juan Matas Beard is definitely the latter). Ludicrous.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

You seem to confuse "Looking animated on the pitch" with "Desire". Messi has won the league 8 times, the CL 4 times, 4 Copa del Reys and almost dragged a garbage Argentina side to a WC.

The guy has a lot more than Ronaldo despite being 3 years younger. If only he had some desire though.

I am biased but I can accept that Messi is the better play. He is animated but I don't think that should put his desire to win into question.

What I feel I empathise with Ronaldo is his development curve; don't get me wrong he was always a special talent but we've seen him when he was horribly inconsistent, not knowing when to shoot or cross or holding on to the ball too long and ultimately making wrong decisions. I remember Ruud van Nistelrooy saying "I can't play with this guy."

From the player he was, he has adapted in such an incredible way to force his name into the equation with Messi by pretty much changing his whole playing style. I would have never imagined from being the skinny lanky player he was that he would make a player like Ruud van Nistelrooy's goal scoring stats look average and become the player he is. Whereas Messi's always been an incredible player taking significant strides towards his goalscoring and assisting.

In essence, what I'm trying to say is Ronaldo's achievements and ballon d'or wins make him look even better than he is because of how great Messi is. I think to have won 4 in the same era as Messi is a phenomenal achievement.

I didn't mean what I said as a dig at Messi but I'll be honest, I didn't understand your argument with stats until just now when you were talking about his playmaking abilities so I sort of ridiculed your post earlier.

EDIT:

Just found this from the article above.

Ferguson could not contain himself: “Who do you think you are? Trying to play by yourself? You’ll never be a player if you do this!”

Ronaldo began to cry. The other players left him be. “He needed to learn,” said Ferdinand. “That was a message from the team, not just from Ferguson: everyone thought he needed to learn.”

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I can't believe that their are people who still actually believe Ronaldo is better Messi.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Ronaldo has wider shoulders.
KAlAzuV.png

I have used some very exact science and maths and come up with this. Get rekt scrub.

giphy.gif

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I can't believe that their are people who still actually believe Ronaldo is better Messi.

It seems to be the trending opinion among teenagers/young adults now from my experience, albeit completely anecdotal. I think Ronaldo has been far more successful in building a brand around himself. Signature celebration, flashy free kick, weird running style etc. Everything he does is kind of.. different? He's unique if nothing else.

I mean, who the **** goes up on stage after winning the Ballon Dor and yells SSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU with a straight face? :lol: The guy is cringe personified.

regniw

Ronaldo at least had a spell of success in the best league in the world, Messi never abandoned his comfy easy challenge

Neither is a true great anyway, after all Ronaldo went to easier pastures for marketing purposes, and the legend today was the ref as it's a regular occurrence now when a spanish team plays in Europe

Latest posts

Top Bottom