• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League 2016/17

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The guy plays for Real, we are Arsenal fans. 99% here dislikes barca and their pathetic antics so automatically we prefer CR7 over Messi. Personally, I've been a fan since he first came to United and used to run rings around established defenders as a teenager. Now that he's at Real I can actually cheer him on. Messi may well be the better player, nobody cares.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Bayern was robbed to be honest. That was never a second yellow on Vidal, nor should Ronaldo's goal in overtime have stood. Think this is a good case for video reviews of some decisions.

Good thing on the night was to see Leicester get knocked out. Can't stand that rat crew anymore. Hope they get relegated next season! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Last European match for Philip Lahm, Xabi Alonso and my hungarian fellow Viktor Kassai. The whole country is hiding in disbelief, he is really ****

Same f*cker who booked Vela for diving in that Braga game instead of awarding an obvious penalty. He'll probably be promoted to Head of Referees, like Busacca and Riley.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Haven't seen much of Xabi Alonso to be honest, as I decided to focus on him, was he playing last night or not?
There were some rubbish long range passes coming from somebody, but didn't know who was that.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
20 years I think is probably the optimum for this. Our title win in 2024 is gonna be sweet.
"now that you have won the Jackpot, would you say it's the most exciting moment in your life?"
"Nope"
"oh, so was it you marriage to Naomi Campbell?"
"Nope"
"when you found oil in your backyard?:
"Nope"
"Then what is it?"
"EPL 2023/24..last league match...We needed a draw at Old Trafford to become Champions...we were losing until Alexis scored a freekick. I've never cried so much"

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Good thing on the night was to see Leicester get knocked out. Can't stand that rat crew anymore. Hope they get relegated next season! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Yea,it's nice to see them to go out.Bunch of wankers.

It would be interesting to see English teams in CL next season.How good Chelsea will be ? Conte will probably buy some new players.Sp**s also need some improvements in Europe.Liverpool and City is quite misery for next year in CL.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Passing length combined with forward passes and pass completion are some of the main metrics professional clubs use to identify a good passer of the ball. If you remove one of those 3, it makes the other 2 somewhat irrelavant. If you remove forward passes you end up with Denilson, remove length and you end up with El Neny, pass completion and you end up with Giroud etc. Gross simplification but the idea is sound.

I'll never advocate for judging a player only by stats (as I've often said on here) but the difference in passing ability between Messi and Ronaldo is so pronounced that it shows a massive swing on their stats as well, especially in chance creation and forward passes. It's the clear difference between the two; Messi is not only capable of dropping deep, he's literally the best in the world when creating from midfield. Ronaldo doesn't have anywhere near the same ability to operate in the pockets in midfield and basically lives on the line of the back 4.

It's ostensibly the only thing that separates the two best players in football history. They're both ridiculous goal scorer but one has more to his game.

But you're comparing passing length and forward passes on a forward like Ronaldo, how the hell is he supposed to pass the ball forward or more than 5 metres when he plays as the FURTHEST player? Don't you see how ****ing ridiculous that sounds??? :rolleyes:

Messi plays more like a midfielder these days and comes very deep, so obviously he's going to pass more forward unlike Ronaldo, who lays the ball off with a backpass(buh uh) and makes a run in behind.

Yeah, great examples with Elneny, Denilson and Giroud, keep on picking on our players when feckin Noble is considered a legend at your ****ty club. Besides your rubbish argument, both Denilson, and Elneny are midfielders, it's their job to pass forward because they have to move the ball forward, Ronaldo is an attacker, to expect his forward passes to be high is *, unless you want him to pass to the corner flags like Noble of course. Then it makes sense.

Oh_Snap

Bayern players were storming the referee cabin after the game. Vidal, Lewa & Thiago were insulting & threatening the refs, rumors say the police had to intervene. Proper ****.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
But you're comparing passing length and forward passes on a forward like Ronaldo, how the hell is he supposed to pass the ball forward or more than 5 metres when he plays as the FURTHEST player? Don't you see how ****ing ridiculous that sounds??? :rolleyes:

Messi plays more like a midfielder these days and comes very deep, so obviously he's going to pass more forward unlike Ronaldo, who lays the ball off with a backpass(buh uh) and makes a run in behind.

Yeah, great examples with Elneny, Denilson and Giroud, keep on picking on our players when feckin Noble is considered a legend at your ****ty club. Besides your rubbish argument, both Denilson, and Elneny are midfielders, it's their job to pass forward because they have to move the ball forward, Ronaldo is an attacker, to expect his forward passes to be high is *, unless you want him to pass to the corner flags like Noble of course. Then it makes sense.

1. That was the entire point of posting the stats. To show how differently they play and how involved Messi is the general play while still scoring the same amount of goals as Ronaldo, a player that barely ever leaves the oppositions backline. I never argued Ronaldo should do more forward passes, I simply said Messi does contribute a lot more to a team than Ronaldo.
  2. I picked those 3 because they're Arsenal players and they were the easiest reference most people would understand on here as we're on an Arsenal focused forum. How you construed that as picking on your players, I don't know. Anything to have a dig at me though, right?

BBF

After reading some of the stuff here I have to question whether some posters here have ever been at the highest level of anything :lol:

Messi doesn't just have "natural talent" or whatever that's supposed to be. You don't become the best ever player to play the game based on "natural talent". It's very hard work, consistency, hours with a football, hours in the gym every day etc etc. Ronaldo is an absolute freak, he's done the same, and practically maxed out everything he can with his physique. But lets not pretend that Messi doesn't work just as hard.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Another exciting CL night coming up.
Come on, Dortmund, don't let me down.
Come on, Juventus! Watch your step! Don't fall into the officiating rabbit hole.

blaze_of_glory

KAlAzuV.png

I have used some very exact science and maths and come up with this. Get rekt scrub.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

"illusion."

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Excited for tonight's games. Really hope Juve knock out Barca and I really don't mind who wins between Monaco and BVB as I like both.

Top Bottom