• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League 2016/17

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Tuchel's sheen continues to wane. WTF was that lineup?

You're playing away, need to win by 2, and you decide to bench two young attackers who'd performed to great effect in the first leg, in favour of an extra RB? F**k off.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

You're playing away, need to win by 2, and you decide to bench two young attackers who'd performed to great effect in the first leg, in favour of an extra RB? F**k off.

He needs to repair that defence.They're nice side in offensive way and can create a lot of chances but some mistakes over those two legs are pretty bad.Even in times under Klopp they didn't have quite good defence.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
He needs to repair that defence.They're nice side in offensive way and can create a lot of chances but some mistakes over those two legs are pretty bad.Even in times under Klopp they didn't have quite good defence.

You're right about the defence. As a team, I find them rather lacking in composure and street-smartness, and it can't be blamed solely on the youngsters.

I heard Toprak and Dahoud have been recruited for next season. Hope they'll sign a better GK as well, maybe even an RB.

Also, whether Tuchel is the man to take them forward is not an unreasonable question, in my view.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
You're right about the defence. As a team, I find them rather lacking in composure and street-smartness, and it can't be blamed solely on the youngsters.

I heard Toprak and Dahoud have been recruited for next season. Hope they'll sign a better GK as well, maybe even an RB.

Also, whether Tuchel is the man to take them forward is not an unreasonable question, in my view.

The thing about CL is that some manager don't want to change their tactcis and team play the same way like in regular matches in domestic competition.Dortmund has good offensive potential,but Monaco has even better.It's clear which team will win it.We from Arsenal also know that.We can't play against Barca like we play against Sunderland.A lot of managers aren't that flexible.That's why i rate Simone,Allegri,Conte etc.

Don't know about that players.Good for them if they can get some more talent in their squad and they need to keep some good players.Bayern took almost every good player from their squad.

I think that Dortmund will give him some more time.It's somehow big step from him to be in QF of CL and last season they were in Europa League.He knows club very well but they should expect more from him in next seasons with some valid players who come.

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
Arsenal might not be short of players in the final third, but Lemar will be a significantly better player than Theo Walcott or Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain before you know it. So why doesn't Wenger make Lemar his #1 target this summer?

Far from the finished article, the sky is the limit for Lemar.

Lemar----Sanchez----Özil

Kolasnic--Xhaka--Ramsey---Bellerin

---Koscielny--Holding--Mustafi---

Allegri as manager. What a team.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Arsenal might not be short of players in the final third, but Lemar will be a significantly better player than Theo Walcott or Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain before you know it. So why doesn't Wenger make Lemar his #1 target this summer?

Because we have Chris Willock- oh...

Not to mention, this:

"Two years ago he [Wenger] had a deal for Thomas Lemar and N'Golo Kante for €15m [£12.6m]."

Despite the transfers being in place, no move materialised and Arsenal missed out on the pair.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...-news-Arsène-Wenger-N-Golo-Kante-Thomas-Lemar

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Good draw,just something i wanted in semis.Hope that Atletico will take revenge and beat that ****.In second match,i will go with Juve.They deserve CL.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

I could see why one of Pulisic and Dembele didn't start, because Reus was probably not expected to play all the game after just being back 1 week. So they wanted one available off the bench. But of course it backfired, cos Reus had to play all the game in the end, cos he was the most effective attacking player. But still, it should have been that one of Dembele or Pulisic at least started.. But this is Tuchel - he always has to be too clever. At least he corrected the mistake early, but it was already too late.

BVB will give him time, I am pretty sure he will sign a contract extension in the summer. Already two problem areas are strengthened with Dahoud and Toprak signed. And they will change a few more things in the summer.

I don't think people have to much of a complaint about the CL campaign this season, especially after what happened in Dortmund last week. But he has to do far better in the league next season. No excuses. They are really putting a lot of money into building the squad, more than Juergen Klopp ever got, the pressure will be on a bit next season,

Deathstroke

The Terminator
I could see why one of Pulisic and Dembele didn't start, because Reus was probably not expected to play all the game after just being back 1 week. So they wanted one available off the bench. But of course it backfired, cos Reus had to play all the game in the end, cos he was the most effective attacking player. But still, it should have been that one of Dembele or Pulisic at least started.. But this is Tuchel - he always has to be too clever. At least he corrected the mistake early, but it was already too late.

BVB will give him time, I am pretty sure he will sign a contract extension in the summer. Already two problem areas are strengthened with Dahoud and Toprak signed. And they will change a few more things in the summer.

I don't think people have to much of a complaint about the CL campaign this season, especially after what happened in Dortmund last week. But he has to do far better in the league next season. No excuses. They are really putting a lot of money into building the squad, more than Juergen Klopp ever got, the pressure will be on a bit next season,

What changes do you anticipate in the summer? On the playing front, who do you expect will be sold?

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
What changes do you anticipate in the summer? On the playing front, who do you expect will be sold?

I cant say I keep up with too much transfer gossip, so I can't say for 100% sure! But BVB do have quite a large first team squad, so I expect too see a few departures.

Weindenfeller's contract is up. And they do need to look at getting a new goalie too.

There is a lot of central midfielders in the squad, and with Dahoud already signed, I can see 1 or 2 leaving. Maybe cut losses on Rode, who quite frankly was a poor signing last summer. Also Nuri Sahin, has never really been the same since his injuries, and still struggles with them, which is sad, as he was such a quality player. And has only 1 year left on his contact I think.

Of course the big one is Auba, whether he stays or not will be decided if he makes noises about leaving and if a club will stump up the big money. And if he stays or goes, I think Dortmund have to buy a striker anyway. When Ramos left in January, it basically left no back-up striker, other than the kid Alex Isak!

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Looks like a Real v Juve final, though I'd prefer Real v Monaco, with Monaco reducing Cristina & co. to tears.

I'm not sure that Real will beat Atletico.In all matches against them in CL, the game was very close and could easily go to Atletico's way.Also,Simeone's side has quite good record against them at Bernabeu in recent seasons.It's more mental thing for Atletico now,they lost in CL three times in row against this opponent,but they have easier job with two legs,with second game on Calderon.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Juve vs Real final almost certainly. Hope it doesn't end up being Juve vs Atletico as that could be a pretty dull affair for the neutrals. Think Real will get the better of Atletico regardless. Feel in general that it's Juve's year though.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Juve vs Real final almost certainly. Hope it doesn't end up being Juve vs Atletico as that could be a pretty dull affair for the neutrals. Think Real will get the better of Atletico regardless. Feel in general that it's Juve's year though.

The problem with Real can be focus on La Liga.If they don't beat Barca,race will be open and they need to play against Atletico at start of the May.Two legs is something that Atletico needs and i reckon that teams can get better result on Bernabeu than on some other home grounds like Nou Camp etc.Bayern was pretty close until red card and mistake.

Top Bottom