• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League 2016/17

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was just about to post this. Not a top manager for me.
That's a tough argument. Mourinho, Pep have generally coached teams stacked with talent and have been given huge transfer budgets too. To be honest, I haven't really analyzed Zidane's coaching much, but being stacked doesn't guarantee the ultimate prizes with teams like Barca around.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
That's a tough argument. Mourinho, Pep have generally coached teams stacked with talent and have been given huge transfer budgets too. To be honest, I haven't really analyzed Zidane's coaching much, but being stacked doesn't guarantee the ultimate prizes with teams like Barca around.

Pep has to prove himself in City.Barca and Bayern were easy jobs for him.Still think that Mourinho done better jobs with his former clubs.Porto and Inter was something special.

Red&Dreadjm

I'd be interested in a tactical analysis of that game. WTF happened to Juve in the 2nd 1/2 - it was as one sided a game from the 45th minute on as I've seen in ages.

Congrats to Real Madrid, they deserved it on the day. Hate to be a Juve fan about now. The show pony sure knows how to score on the big stage - just keeps making record after record.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pep has to prove himself in City.Barca and Bayern were easy jobs for him.Still think that Mourinho done better jobs with his former clubs.Porto and Inter was something special.
You do make a good point. I didn't like what Mourinho did with Madrid though. They now look like they're enjoying the game more without the "we against them" thing that he did. Very big teams with big stars aren't always easy to manage, lots of egos and reputations and pressure. I still think managers that can successfully manage all that deserve their props.

Ashybashy86

Real Madrid: 3 CL trophies in 4 years.

Meanwhile at Arsenal, most of us are gassed because of 3 FA Cups in 4 years.

Unbelievable levels.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'd be interested in a tactical analysis of that game. WTF happened to Juve in the 2nd 1/2 - it was as one sided a game from the 45th minute on as I've seen in ages.

Congrats to Real Madrid, they deserved it on the day. Hate to be a Juve fan about now. The show pony sure knows how to score on the big stage - just keeps making record after record.
What happened is Real Madrid press up high and Juve start making mistakes they never make like giving the ball away many times

Red&Dreadjm

What happened is Real Madrid press up high and Juve start making mistakes they never make like giving the ball away many times

I know Madrid were much more aggressive and won plenty of the ball in the 2nd 1/2 - but was that all it was. Juve were nowhere to be seen in the 2nd 1/2.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
You do make a good point. I didn't like what Mourinho did with Madrid though. They now look like they're enjoying the game more without the "we against them" thing that he did. Very big teams with big stars aren't always easy to manage, lots of egos and reputations and pressure. I still think managers that can successfully manage all that deserve their props.

Yeah,Mourinho flopped in Real and expetations was probably bigger when he came from Inter.Still,he won La Liga in 2012 and he was close to final of CL in 2012 and 2013,needed little bit luck.

You're right maybe about those players but individual quality will always help managers.They still need good chemistry in the team and to use players in the best possible way.They have to stay professional in every sense.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Real Madrid: 3 CL trophies in 4 years.

Meanwhile at Arsenal, most of us are gassed because of 3 FA Cups in 4 years.

Unbelievable levels.

Sp**s are "gassed" because they are finishing above us for the first time in 20 years. We all have our station, and we all look to improve it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom