• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League Format Change

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

🤔That's weird because Europa League Matches are following a similar format.

It depends how it works. Perhaps they want to prioritise certain games for TV?
Look if they say matches between the teams from pot 3 & 4 can be played on Thur or some games from the play offs to qualify for the last 16 is on a thur
I guess that's about acceptable🤔.

Any match involving a pot 1 or 2 side though must be played on Tues or Wed lol.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

If they were just gonna do sh1t like this, they should have just ended the Europa and let everyone in into this to battle it out.

But instead they add a THIRD European competition back into it, when they knew they were giving a chance for SIX teams from one country to qualify for the main one ffs 😅

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

🤔That's weird because Europa League Matches are following a similar format.

It depends how it works. Perhaps they want to prioritise certain games for TV?
Look if they say matches between the teams from pot 3 & 4 can be played on Thur or some games from the play offs to qualify for the last 16 is on a thur
I guess that's about acceptable🤔.

Any match involving a pot 1 or 2 side though must be played on Tues or Wed lol.
I think Amazon have the first pick of matches on a Tuesday from next season and the BBC are getting highlights. The changes all coincide with a wider audience. I don't mind the last match on a Thursday if it's a gimme and we can play a reserve team but I'm not sure if that will be possible.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
FFs this is just gonna **** us in the Prem

Being in Europa is a curse because of thursday nights
Will have to see what happens at the end of the day can't see many matches being played in Thursday?
What they gonna do with the Europa League or conference push them back til fri🤣?

Unless they split all 3 comps equally Tues/Wed/Thur which means it's the same for everyone?
tbf if that was the case
we couldn't really complain much about it.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If they were just gonna do sh1t like this, they should have just ended the Europa and let everyone in into this to battle it out.

But instead they add a THIRD European competition back into it, when they knew they were giving a chance for SIX teams from one country to qualify for the main one ffs 😅
Ok but that means yet more fkin champions League games. From the EPL 4 qualified for champs league.
R U suggesting Sp**s, Chelsea, Man U, Newcastle or whoever miss out on the chance to have Europa or Conference league success next season so they only have to play 1 game a week while we have to play shedloads more games?🤔

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Ok but that means yet more fkin champions League games. From the EPL 4 qualified for champs league.
R U suggesting Sp**s, Chelsea, Man U, Newcastle or whoever miss out on the chance to have Europa or Conference league success next season so they only have to play 1 game a week?🤔

Didn't 6 Serie A teams qualify for it...plus 5 from Germany.

Feel Europe is just a bit of a mess now, tbh.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Didn't 6 Serie A teams qualify for it...plus 5 from Germany.

Feel Europe is just a bit of a mess now, tbh.
Take the point yeah. Let's be honest though if it was solely about the top sides in Europe more from the Prem would make the cut. However ngl from a selfish pov Im glad the Prem only got 4 as it stops extra funds going to our 'rivals'. We had to suffer financially for years being out of it so why shouldn't they🤗
Let's not forget back in the day only the champions got in. The tournament has evolved & it may continue to do so but as an Arsenal fan ya don't really want Sp**s & Chelsea in it every season collecting cash.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I actually don’t mind it, I haven’t enjoyed the CL for the last few years. Maybe it’s because I’ve been seeing 1 sided match up finals like Inter vs City and Madrid vs Dortmund. Hasn’t felt very crème de La crème. I don’t know if this fixes that (maybe the knockouts will behave differently now?) but I’m okay with a shake up.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Then again; the main reason for the CL losing its magic is when it went to BT/TNT. Really 2nd rate coverage.

I don’t want to see Hargreaves, Joe Cole, Crouch, Ferdinand commenting over elite continental sides ffs. Also, we had that Karen woman basically commenting on all our games, made it feel like we’re in the EL man.

Get it back on Sky so I can see the likes of Neville and Carra on there, with better presenters. I’m sure they’d bring in better international pundits too.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I just find this format uninteresting.

How come? It's only the group stage that is different and this seems much better with the guarantee of facing two quality teams.

Current format is basically a straight forward win in at least 4/6 games.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 18

Arsenal’s primary focus is strengthening their midfield, with the club leaning towards adding #6 due to having more options for this position in the market [Gunnerblog]

Arsenal will continue to follow Benjamin Šeško’s progress and maintain a relationship with the player [Gunnerblog]

Monaco midfielder Aleksandr Golovin says he would be open to joining Arsenal: “But if you move, then only to top clubs. PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid. I would also say Arsenal, because I have always had sympathy for this club.” [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom