• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

championship manager

kel varnsen

Established Member
maybe i'm just getting old, but i still prefer the original championship manager to all these new 'football manager' games. seriously, who has the time to spend hours setting up a ****ing training regime? cm1, cm2 and even cm3 were all far more fun. get 2-3 seasons done in a day.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
cms have very little feature in the past. maybe ou prefer simplicity, but i definitely prefer the more high tech and nicer FM.

anyway theres still cm now. but its very very lousy

gunnerGH

Established Member
I liked one of the old ones I had on the commodore 64. It was out as the same time as Championship Manager Italia. Think it may have been Championship Manager 2, was an awesome game, very very addictive!

Sometimes simplicity can be genius!

thegame24

Established Member
You do know that the football manager series is created by the guys who done the original championship managers.

Segas Football manager is the "proper" and continuation of the old cm.

what happened was the two companys eidos and sigames split.

Eidos too the CM name, but Si Games got the gameplay and the original creators.

so technically Championship manager is the spin off game.

Rocafella

Established Member
you can do as little on football manager as you like. you don't have to make your own training plans or anything. you don't even have to pick your team if you don't want to. the option is just there if you want to use it, making it more in-depth, which is definately better.

kel varnsen

Established Member
nah, the 'in depth' is just a big waste of time. poorly implemented and unrealistic. i can set up a realistic training regime or i can set up some bullshit regime that hardly even makes sense and get the best results/progress with the latter...

it's very flashy, but lacks substance. crap really...

Bergy_1995

CM 9798 will forever be the best installment in the series of Champ Mans/Football Managers ever. It's look may well be outdated and lacks that sharp, high tech look of the FMs but the gameplay is second to none. It's just so much easier and quicker than the others. Although I love FM2007, CM9798 is just more enjoyable and far more playable...

Latest posts

Top Bottom