• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Changes to Summer transfer window 2018

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This will mean when the season kicks off, teams will have focused players, no more players wondering who they will be playing for the following month. It will reduce media frenzy and allow players and teams to focus on the job in hand, ie playing for the club that pays their wages. I hope they do away with Jan window as well.

Here is another link re the vote that took place.

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

"Look ehh, the transferwindow is much shorter from now on. That, and the fact that the World Cup ended so late made it very difficult for us to find replacements for Özil and Alexis. But we have faith in our current players and think they can compete for the titles."

wenger_always_optimistic.gif

Dammit

One less excure for Wenger. Good.

Edit: FFS there's a WC coming up, he will have one. :(

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The rest of Europe should have the same times, otherwise you could still get players wondering if barca will want them!

Yes that needs to be looked at. If they don't then we should have no movement to or from the PL from the day our window closes. That would solve the issue.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sure it sounds good on paper but in reality seems a huge disadvantage unless the rest of Europe follow suit.

Even then Italy usually have a week extra & Spain 2-3 before the season starts.

BBF

Perfect. Now I'll know if our season ends or begins when the window shuts

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Also with the World Cup next summer not sure they have really planned it well.

14 June - 15 July + pre tournament camps + 2-3 week break after... really not leaving a whole lot of time for the top players.

Read four clubs against it & one club didn't vote.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
I did see reports about UEFA looking to bring the window forward to a day before all leagues starting. Doubt it'll happen by next season though.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wenger will still mess up the window so it doesn't bother us.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Also with the World Cup next summer not sure they have really planned it well.

14 June - 15 July + pre tournament camps + 2-3 week break after... really not leaving a whole lot of time for the top players.

Read four clubs against it & one club didn't vote.

tbh regardless of how long the window is open, managers, players, agents etc will manage it. If you gave them 6 months 90% would still happen in the final few days. We did all our incoming business in the first month, so no excuses for anyone.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Good stuff, though if this was in place back in 2014 we wouldn't have been able to sign Welbz following Giroud's injury.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Good stuff, though if this was in place back in 2014 we wouldn't have been able to sign Welbz following Giroud's injury.

Might create opportunities for some youngsters who want to prove themselves to their managers.

Personally, I welcome it. Unlike many of you, I actually enjoy the transfer window and all the comings and goings. But it would be nice to just focus on the season once the season starts. And because so much business will get done very late no matter when the deadline is set, this will ensure that once the season starts the squad will be what it is and the window won't be a distraction.

By the way, United voted against it, but just three weeks ago Mourinho came out in favor of it. He said "How many clubs in the world are powerful enough to buy the best players in the Premier League? The answer is, I think, very obvious. So the risk is minimal and even those powerful clubs have to know if we can't buy players we're not going to sell."

I don't particularly like agreeing with Mourinho on anything, but I do here. Great decision.

Latest posts

Top Bottom