• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Charlie Patino: No Swan Song Afterall

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This won't benefit him and his development unless we in serious trouble and couldn't buy anyone in January then there no need call him back.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Football london love to post all kind of speculatory articles about what could happen. The article lists that a recall clause exists and could be used. The same is probably true for a bunch of our loanees like Balogun, Norton-Cuffy, Tavares... etc.

There's no quote or source suggesting Patino is likely to be recalled. He was getting consistent minutes before his minor injury, the best thing for his career is to stay where he is for the rest of the season.

In the future maybe you should think before posting random, wanky, articles. @boonthegoon

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Football london love to post all kind of speculatory articles about what could happen. The article lists that a recall clause exists and could be used. The same is probably true for a bunch of our loanees like Balogun, Norton-Cuffy, Tavares... etc.

There's no quote or source suggesting Patino is likely to be recalled. He was getting consistent minutes before his minor injury, the best thing for his career is to stay where he is for the rest of the season.

In the future maybe you should think before posting random, wanky, articles. @boonthegoon
Many loans don't have clauses of this nature. There's no harm in knowing which do. The only time we've really used one was with Le Coq, which turned out a far better idea than anyone thought at the time...

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This won't benefit him and his development unless we in serious trouble and couldn't buy anyone in January then there no need call him back.
I suspect the real reason for that recall option is in case he doesn't get enough game time at Blackpool. Azeez was recalled from Portsmouth due to the above. It puts a certain pressure on the loaning club to play the loanee.

Hopefully, we will not need to exercise the option, for whatever reason.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I suspect the real reason for that recall option is in case he doesn't get enough game time at Blackpool. Azeez was recalled from Portsmouth due to the above. It puts a certain pressure on the loaning club to play the loanee.

Hopefully, we will not need to exercise the option, for whatever reason.
Yes that's true let's see what they'll do with him after his injury but look they rate him highly.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Many loans don't have clauses of this nature. There's no harm in knowing which do. The only time we've really used one was with Le Coq, which turned out a far better idea than anyone thought at the time...
You're right. As fans, there's no harm in knowing how the loans are structured. I suppose we can be grateful for that. We used one to recall Nketiah a few years back from Leeds no?

I wasn't as invested in Arsenal back then as I am now, what happened with Coquelin?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The tweet says, in addition to information about having a recall option, that Patino is "Described as being 'close' to fitness return". This is very good confirming information about his injury after almost a month since the last update here.

Don't you think your reaction here was a bit over the top? I'm sure many welcome this tweet and the information it says.

drippin

Patino came on at 66 minutes yesterday against Rotherham. Couldn't find other information, but very nice to see him come back. The ankle twist didn't look good.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Patino came on at 66 minutes yesterday against Rotherham. Couldn't find other information, but very nice to see him come back. The ankle twist didn't look good.

Patino was bright when he came on. You'd think if he stays fit he should end up starting for them. Like Azeez, he's a guy that needs the ball more often than not otherwise you're not necessarily getting the best out of them but in the few games he has played I've been continually impressed with his willingness to get into duels.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don’t understand the clamour for an untested young player most have never seen like Danilo instead of giving Patino a shot in the first team. If we bring someone into that area it should be a player who can elevate the first XI right away.

drippin

I don’t understand the clamour for an untested young player most have never seen like Danilo instead of giving Patino a shot in the first team. If we bring someone into that area it should be a player who can elevate the first XI right away.
Patino needs all the minutes he can get, so he will stay at Blackpool if they give him enough game-time. He is not someone who will elevate the first XI right now.

We needed someone to midfield last window, but didn't get one, so we need someone in January. There aren't many affordable players in January available who will elevate the first XI right now. It would be good to have more quality depth, who is already adjusted to the team and EPL when Elneny leaves next summer.

Palmeiras season will have ended at that point. So it will likely be Tielemans, Luiz, Danilo or someone else. Danilo is said to be like the best DMF playing in Brazil now and has already been in Brazil NT bench despite his young age and playing in Brazil.

TinFish

Danilo is rated as one of the best DMF in Brazil. He's already in the national squad albeit warming the bench. The guy must have serious potential and I'd love for him to come in January. Patino can compete next season.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Danilo a 6, whereas Patino is an 8?

drippin

No Danilo is an 8. A defensive 8 like xhaka
No he is not. He is a #6 who can be box-to-box, rather than the opposite you suggest.

"Positioning

Danilo is a 20-year-old deep-lying midfielder at Palmeiras.
He is left-footed but has mainly operated on the right side of a double-pivot. His heatmap helps illustrate his playing style. Though he is naturally a more defensive midfielder, his relentless work rate allows him to become a box-to-box midfielder at times. Consequently, his heatmap bleeds into the opposition half as he will often press higher up the pitch defensively or find space between the defensive lines offensively.

While Palmeiras can be dynamic with their formations, a double-pivot is very consistent. Danilo’s most-played position has been on the right of a double-pivot, but he has played as the single-pivot at times. In a double-pivot, he will usually operate close to the backline. He is key in retaining possession, protecting the backline, and launching counterattacks. While most of these are done as a deep-lying midfielder, he will also occasionally get further up the pitch as a box-to-box midfielder. The image below illustrates his positioning in possession, usually closer to the backline.

Statistically, Danilo is undoubtedly one of the best midfielders in Brazil. For the 2021 Brasileiro, Danilo is in the highest percentiles for most key metrics."

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Gnabry, but the damage was already done.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I can only speak for myself, but I mention Danilo because I have seen him play numerous times.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, either. Danilo would be a #6 in our current set-up, Patino would be an #8.

Top Bottom