• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Charlie Patino: No Swan Song Afterall

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I have watched quite a bit of him at Blackpool including seeing him live a few times this season.
As someone mentioned on the thread earlier he unfortunately still doesnt seem to have got his form back yet since injury/illness.
I take into account he is playing in a struggling team but he really needs to get his level up again.
Hopefully its just a dip & he will be back on track soon :fcrossed:.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Seems like he had a really good game today. 9/14 ground duels won, 2/2 aerial duels won 3 interceptions and 6 tackles are very impressive defensive stats. A full season in the Championship will be very valuable for him,interesting to see what plans we have for him next season.
Okonkwo man of the match for Crewe as well.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Seems like he had a really good game today. 9/14 ground duels won, 2/2 aerial duels won 3 interceptions and 6 tackles are very impressive defensive stats. A full season in the Championship will be very valuable for him,interesting to see what plans we have for him next season.
Okonkwo man of the match for Crewe as well.
Yeah saw the game he looked a lot better today👍

Bucephalus

So much improvement over the last 12 months. This time last year, he was beginning to get our attention, but his technical ability had far outstripped his physical ability, and he just looked a boy amongst men in that god-awful FA Cup tie. A lower half of the Championship loan, playing every week, and getting used to playing adults was perfect for him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If we don't get reinforcements in midfield, can we recall him? He seems ready enough for a short stint. I'm glad he's doing well and we've activated his extension

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Appleton sacked by Blackpool. It has been coming for some time. They've looked very poor. You have to wonder what it means for our lad. Several pundits had Blackpool as one of the teams to go down, and they've looked candidates all season so far...

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Appleton sacked by Blackpool. It has been coming for some time. They've looked very poor. You have to wonder what it means for our lad. Several pundits had Blackpool as one of the teams to go down, and they've looked candidates all season so far...

I'm excited to see him face the Southampton in FA Cup.. It will be a great to see how he handles Premier League oppositions.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He seems to have a strong position there so hopefully he will be okey. But it would be a bit typical if a team in the relegation zone brings in a manager who believes going with experience and bringing in a few players he knows from before, is the way to go. Good challenge for him anway, both being in a relegation battle and having to prove yourself to a new manager is a good experience for him

Rattata

The biggest issue for me about this loan is the way Blackpool play. They sit deep and play Stoke football.

This alone means Patino won't be an option for us next season as he has no experience playing in a team that dominates the opponent.

The loan is good for him to get used to the Championship but next season he has to play at a team that aims to get promoted.

DuBB

I don't think it'll happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if we recalled him and immediately loaned him out to someone else if we felt like Blackpool's new direction or style isn't going to benefit him for the back half of the season.

We've already done it with like 4 players. It might happen with Patino, too.

Bucephalus

I'm not worried about him playing at a club with the "wrong" style for a year. He's got all the talent in the world, and years at Hale End learning to play our style. This year for him isn't about talent development, but about learning to stand up to the physical rigors of senior football. So long as he's playing, Blackpool is just fine for that. (If we get word that Blackpool has a new direction and he won't play, recall and new loan, or even recall and play him in the cup ties, is fine, too).

Top Bottom