• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Charlie Patino: No Swan Song Afterall

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Very accurate corner kicks to the same place in the middle. It's a nice sign that he crosses right corners, his ability is trusted.

According to some, corners are not proper assists though, so who cares?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah that was me, I rate those assists the same as penalty goals. They are goals and assists in the end, can't argue that
I understand that point, and in part agree. That's why I usually note penalty goals in points per minute comparisons. Corner assists can skew comparison stats between players for assists in a similar way.

It's just that if a player makes a perfect corner and it results in a goal, it's very important for the team to being able to score. It should be considered as important too when not comparing player stats. Not everyone can take perfect corners, that's why a certain player is chosen for it. It's an important skill.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's just that if a player makes a perfect corner and it results in a goal, it's very important for the team to being able to score. It should be considered as important too when not comparing player stats. Not everyone can take perfect corners, that's why a certain player is chosen for it. It's an important skill.
It is an underrated skill that we only notice when someone is constantly taking it poorly. When you have 2 CBs like Saliba and Gabriel, you want someone with the ability to take corners seriously as there is a massive potential we have with those two to score goals. If that buys us 5 points a season, it can decide the title

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

MM has been chopping and changing but picking a defensive minded side on all occasions.....until last night. He finally picked a side with attacking intent and footballing ability. I felt at 6.45pm when the team was announced that we would have a decent chance of winning. It worked a treat with Connolly sat in front of the defence, allowing Patino and Fiorino
As it happens QPR had nothing in midfield so the creative talents of Fiorini and Patino could shine
Fiorini and Patino playing together is what we've been lacking. Absolutely quality last night the pair of them! 👍
Also helped having Fiorini back for that much needed creative spark and a rejuvenated Patino, with his excellent set pieces.
The other question is, was Appleton just unlucky? He helped bring in Patino and Fiorini along with other signings but never had the chance to play his chosen 11
I like Patino and Fiorini in the midfield because it makes us sound like a Serie A team.
In respect to Patino who played well ,there was no strong winds and little rain for a change ,this giving him the chance to play his game on a relatively flat pitch
Blackpool fans in good spirits after tonking QPR 6-1.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lewis Fiorini got me through the Football League on my FM21 Dagenham n Redbridge save! Great signing he was.
I must say him and Patino ran the show, but I suspect against a better midfield, it could have been a bit lightweight. I was surprised to see McCarthy going with an attacking 4-3-3, but it paid off for them. I guess at home, against relegation rivals, you have to be brave.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Patino played 45 minutes as Blackpool were beaten 3-1 by Preston North End. Seems they were well beaten too.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Think he's had a very interesting season overall. Stock hasn't gone down but perhaps we've learned a bit more about the type of player he'll become. It still tickles me that people are surprised that he goes in for so many tackles - I've been telling people this since his U18s days, the kid loves a duel. Much more aggressive than his profile suggests and he's building a frame to go with it. Just a shame he's so slow!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think he's had a very interesting season overall. Stock hasn't gone down but perhaps we've learned a bit more about the type of player he'll become. It still tickles me that people are surprised that he goes in for so many tackles - I've been telling people this since his U18s days, the kid loves a duel. Much more aggressive than his profile suggests and he's building a frame to go with it. Just a shame he's so slow!

By the snippets I’ve seen of him it looks like he could take over from Xhaka in that role some day. Not sure if that’s next season though, think it depends on how many midfielders we bring in the summer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
By the snippets I’ve seen of him it looks like he could take over from Xhaka in that role some day. Not sure if that’s next season though, think it depends on how many midfielders we bring in the summer.
Potentially - I think he's better in the deeper midfield positions and Xhaka plays quite high up. I definitely don't think he should be in the squad next season if I'm honest, I think a 2nd loan in a much more possession-dominant team than Blackpool might be a better shout.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Don't like the fact that he dives into tackles a lot. Makes me cringe a bit. Wilshere was also reckless with his tackling. Patino should work on positioning and timing, that's the type of player he should aspire to be off the ball. He doesn't have the athleticism or physicality to play the way he does sometimes. If he had a better touch and was a bit quicker and more physical, he'd be my fav prospect. I love elegant players with passing range. Patino's left foot be a damn wand at times with some of his passes. But it also seems he was playing a gung ho style in this wretched championship team, his passing accuracy was ugly at times. Hopefully he hasn't picked up too many bad habits.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't like the fact that he dives into tackles a lot. Makes me cringe a bit. Wilshere was also reckless with his tackling. Patino should work on positioning and timing, that's the type of player he should aspire to be off the ball. He doesn't have the athleticism or physicality to play the way he does sometimes. If he had a better touch and was a bit quicker and more physical, he'd be my fav prospect. I love elegant players with passing range. Patino's left foot be a damn wand at times with some of his passes. But it also seems he was playing a gung ho style in this wretched championship team, his passing accuracy was ugly at times. Hopefully he hasn't picked up too many bad habits.
I think it's been good for him, a place to show he can grit it out. I do agree with you though, the type of player he is, he should be much smarter about the way he commits himself in duels. The Wilshere approach wouldn't work with Patino because he doesn't have the acceleration. He'd end up like Jorginho - committing to duels he has no chance of winning and leaving space behind him. Needs to be clever.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Potentially - I think he's better in the deeper midfield positions and Xhaka plays quite high up. I definitely don't think he should be in the squad next season if I'm honest, I think a 2nd loan in a much more possession-dominant team than Blackpool might be a better shout.
In my view, he needs another loan. In some ways his season seems to have petered out a little bit. Unused sub today, and this Blackpool side has been poor of late.

That being said, he's had quite a lot of first team football, and that will stand him in good stead in the future.

Bucephalus

I've said this a number of times before, but this loan (like ESR's at a not much better Huddersfield) wasn't about talent development. Patino has the skills, he has the vision, and he's been trained for years in playing the Arsenal style. It was about playing senior football with proper adults (nearly) every week. I'd bring him back home for the first half of next season. Reintegrate him into playing/training with much better players than he has this year. There's league cup games, CL games against some terrible team from Eastern Europe, a few PL 15-20 minute cameos. If he grabs the chance so well that he forces himself into the regular rotation, great. If he doesn't, and won't get minutes in the second half of the season, find an appropriate loan in January.

Top Bottom