• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Charlie Patino: No Swan Song Afterall

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I watched the Chelsea U23 game the other day. Without wishing to be guilty of hyping him up he was quite easily the best player on the pitch. He just made the opposition look like Sunday league players. It already looks like that standard of competition is too easy for him. I’d be inclined to have him on the bench for the first team but there seems to be some new thing in football where everything has to be a slow process. Ramsey, Wilshere, Cesc etc were just chucked in because they were deemed good enough.

You have to remember they were given those opportunities over a decade ago. The league as a whole is better now than it was then. Plus the Arsenal teams they were breaking into were better with more cohesion.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Something has clicked with him over the summer.

He was looking slightly lightweight throughout last season (first season in u23 football to be fair). He looks like he’s hit the gym over the summer to add a bit of robustness to his game, but not to the end of losing his silkiness on the ball.

He’s absolutely dealing with the under 23 league with ease. Reckon a loan this season might be good for him in January.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Something has clicked with him over the summer.

He was looking slightly lightweight throughout last season (first season in u23 football to be fair). He looks like he’s hit the gym over the summer to add a bit of robustness to his game, but not to the end of losing his silkiness on the ball.

He’s absolutely dealing with the under 23 league with ease. Reckon a loan this season might be good for him in January.

Yea he is def playing more assertive, especially since Azeez went on loan. If you go look at pictures from him in January till now, he actually looks bigger lol.

He is still skinny, but def has filled out his frame a bit more. Think it will take him till his 20s before he really comes into his own, physically. Cause even now he looks like I would expect a 14/15 year old boy who has never worked out before to look.

I don't think he should be loaned out. He needs to keep getting as much experience in U23 footie, plus working under Bielsy. Also want to see him lead the U18 team to the FA youth cup win cause he is still eligible to play in that competition. Hopefully by next season Arteta is not here and he can be integrated slowly into the first team by a better manager.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yea he is def playing more assertive, especially since Azeez went on loan. If you go look at pictures from him in January till now, he actually looks bigger lol.

He is still skinny, but def has filled out his frame a bit more. Think it will take him till his 20s before he really comes into his own, physically. Cause even now he looks like I would expect a 14/15 year old boy who has never worked out before to look.

I don't think he should be loaned out. He needs to keep getting as much experience in U23 footie, plus working under Bielsy. Also want to see him lead the U18 team to the FA youth cup win cause he is still eligible to play in that competition. Hopefully by next season Arteta is not here and he can be integrated slowly into the first team by a better manager.
So like @OnlyOne

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People will need to show bit patience with him. me who is mostly strict giving youngsters who are not ready for a first team involvement cant wait to see him play in top level football because what i saw at U23 guy is joy to watch comfortable with both feet dribbling skills confident with the ball going forward always try to create something or score he got all the ability to be our Pedri but it's vital our fans (too late) not over hype and let him keep developing.

i mean spain already want to get him for their young national teams that explain how talented he is

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
People will need to show bit patience with him. me who is mostly strict giving youngsters who are not ready for a first team involvement cant wait to see him play in top level football because what i saw at U23 guy is joy to watch comfortable with both feet dribbling skills confident with the ball going forward always try to create something or score he got all the ability to be our Pedri but it's vital our fans (too late) not over hype and let him keep developing.

i mean spain already want to get him for their young national teams that explain how talented he is
Nobody expects him to play in the PL, but some 20 minutes against Wimbledon in a nothing game would mean a lot to the fans and the boy. It's something Wenger was doing for a long time so Arteta doesn't have to reinvent anything, he can just copy what a much smarter person than him was doing for 20 years

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nobody expects him to play in the PL, but some 20 minutes against Wimbledon in a nothing game would mean a lot to the fans and the boy. It's something Wenger was doing for a long time so Arteta doesn't have to reinvent anything, he can just copy what a much smarter person than him was doing for 20 years
yes i really wanted he give him maybe 20 minutes today but that the problem when you have big squad you have to play the players who not seen a pitch for a few weeks. still if Patino keep developing i'm not ruling out he call up to first team squad his skills better than most of our first team midfielders.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
yes i really wanted he give him maybe 20 minutes today but that the problem when you have big squad you have to play the players who not seen a pitch for a few weeks.
It was their decision to stay and suck the wages out of the club. They knew perfectly well they won't be playing and I can't understand why Arteta would put them on the bench at the expense of Patino

Wrighty4eva

Established Member

What a paragraph of contradictions 😄🤣

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I feel like the club decided to feed the media about this kid to get some positive stories as everything been negative

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Wouldn't encourage the Pedri comparison, Patiño is a 6 or an 8 (even though this season he seems to be be developed more as an 8). De Jong if we want to go for very optimistic comparisons.

Still hope he's developed as a Busquets like 6, long-term, myself, a) because I worry how few players are being developed like this nowadays and you can only have this type of player with top intelligence and quality on the ball, which Patiño has and b) because--and yes, I know it's a dream--that would allow him and Azeez to play in the same midfield.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Is this gonna be a case of everyone kicks off every time this kid doesn't make the team despite the fact that nobody had heard of him til a week ago? :facepalm: :lol:
League cup was always a competition where managers were looking to give kids their debuts for many years. especially against sides like Wimbledon or WBA u23. It's not even about Patino, we could've given 2-3 debuts yesterday without any issues. I guess the lack of European football will hurt us on that front as well because Arteta has 1 competition less to play his bums so he will use this cup for it

Jae

League cup was always a competition where managers were looking to give kids their debuts for many years. especially against sides like Wimbledon or WBA u23. It's not even about Patino, we could've given 2-3 debuts yesterday without any issues. I guess the lack of European football will hurt us on that front as well because Arteta has 1 competition less to play his bums so he will use this cup for it

Not defending Artera, but he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't here.

Either he plays the exciting new lad that everyone seems to be raving about or he gives some of our squad players valuable minutes that they won't be getting elsewhere this season.

I would have liked to have seen him play personally but I'm not about to kick off over it. :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not defending Artera, but he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't here.

Either he plays the exciting new lad that everyone seems to be raving about or he gives some of our squad players valuable minutes that they won't be getting elsewhere this season.

I would have liked to have seen him play personally but I'm not about to kick off over it. :lol:
From a person who is paid in millions, I would expect some understanding of when to play someone and when not to. I agree he is in a tough position, but it's mostly his own fault so won't feel sorry for him. I didn't expect Patino to start the game or anything, but some 10 minutes when the game was dead would be nice for the boy in front of the home crowd, but I guess me and Arteta will look at things differently.

Saying all that, it looks like Arteta is a fan of Patino, the boy trains often with the first team and we'll see him next season I guess, it's just unfortunate that Arteta can't afford to lose the cup game as he is pretty much failure at everything else

Top Bottom