• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Charlie Patino: No Swan Song Afterall

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

From a person who is paid in millions, I would expect some understanding of when to play someone and when not to. I agree he is in a tough position, but it's mostly his own fault so won't feel sorry for him. I didn't expect Patino to start the game or anything, but some 10 minutes when the game was dead would be nice for the boy in front of the home crowd, but I guess me and Arteta will look at things differently.

Saying all that, it looks like Arteta is a fan of Patino, the boy trains often with the first team and we'll see him next season I guess, it's just unfortunate that Arteta can't afford to lose the cup game as he is pretty much failure at everything else
He gave the last minutes to Balogun, after the game was clearly won. It's not a worse thing imo than to give them to Patino. At 1-0 it's a risk to play Patino.

I think Patino has only just started to dominate U23 games and lacks some physicality, so can't blame Arteta for keeping him focused there when he is so young.

Goonger

I think we just need to show some patience. We still have a senior players that need minutes, & the squad that's still a bit bloated will naturally clear a bit anyway.

In terms of the development of Patino, Balogun & Azeez, with squad development I would be looking at do something like this.

January, if Eddie is still here, send Balogun on loan for first team football.

End of season, hopefully finish in a European place.

Summer, Lacazette & Eddie leave, sign 1 good striker, have Auba, new signing & Balogun as 3 centre forwards.

Elneny leaves, sell Xhaka & Maitland-Niles. Sign 1 senior midfielder to replace, assess if Azeez is ready or need another season on loan at higher level. Otherwise, Azeez & Patino get minutes in League Cup & in Europe (hopefully).

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's annoying but it's not exactly critical for Patino at 17. I figured some people would be upset but I'm not too fussed - I'd be more annoyed if he was older, or ready for that matter.

I think the bigger issue here is that the squad is still overloaded with players who clearly don't have a future here that have to play in order to maintain sharpness. Even though I actually like some of those players (AMN and Eddie), they're not gonna be here next season and our poor squad management is the main reason a lot of these players are here - otherwise, there would be space for a Patino or even a Hutchinson to get minutes.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
It's annoying but it's not exactly critical for Patino at 17. I figured some people would be upset but I'm not too fussed - I'd be more annoyed if he was older, or ready for that matter.

I think the bigger issue here is that the squad is still overloaded with players who clearly don't have a future here that have to play in order to maintain sharpness. Even though I actually like some of those players (AMN and Eddie), they're not gonna be here next season and our poor squad management is the main reason a lot of these players are here - otherwise, there would be space for a Patino or even a Hutchinson to get minutes.

Yea it's not a big worry. Still want Patino to be able to play a full season for U23 and even the U18 youth FA cup. My dream is for Arteta to be sacked by the end of the season and a better, more experienced manager taking over before Patino gets his chance to get into the team.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
My dream is for Arteta to be sacked by the end of the season and a better, more experienced manager taking over before Patino gets his chance to get into the team.
I actually think that we need to be more careful what we wish for, wouldn't be too surprised if we hire an experienced manager who would basically focus on short term results and potentially bring an army of washed-up experienced players to achieve that.
The best thing for Patino and every other talented young player is that the club hires a manager who knows how to develop and integrate players. For some reason, I thought Arteta would be that man, but I was wrong and would love to see someone like ten Hag.
Having Elneny on the bench against Wimbledon instead of Patino doesn't make any difference for the boy (long term), but it's just another small indication of how Arteta thinks, and I certainly don't like it

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Having Elneny on the bench against Wimbledon instead of Patino doesn't make any difference for the boy (long term), but it's just another small indication of how Arteta thinks, and I certainly don't like it
Could be, but also could be that he planned to substitute Saka & ESR in anyway to get them minutes and having them fit and firing against Tottenham, and the rest would go to Balogun unless a midfielder gets injured.

So it might not have to do how he thinks in the way you think, but that he saw that Patino won't get minutes here anyway so kept him focused on U23. It's his first proper season in U23.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Is this gonna be a case of everyone kicks off every time this kid doesn't make the team despite the fact that nobody had heard of him til a week ago? :facepalm: :lol:
Revoke your AM loyalty bonus if you only heard of him a week ago :lol:

A spot on the bench against league two opposition for a highly rated deep lying playmaker in a side full of mannequins doesn’t seem like a wildly unreasonable expectation to me.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Revoke your AM loyalty bonus if you only heard of him a week ago :lol:

A spot on the bench against league two opposition for a highly rated deep lying playmaker in a side full of mannequins doesn’t seem like a wildly unreasonable expectation to me.
It doesn’t seem unreasonable until he gets clarted by a lower league guy who doesn’t care about his career.

Let him fill out and learn how to ride challenges atleast before we throw these minor yutes out there please.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It doesn’t seem unreasonable until he gets clarted by a lower league guy who doesn’t care about his career.

Let him fill out and learn how to ride challenges atleast before we throw these minor yutes out there please.

Chicken and egg.

He needs competitive football against adults to do that. Bellingham’s experience of that in the championship was crucial to his physical development at an early age.

We’re talking about a short cameo here and there as well, not sure why this is being portrayed as all or nothing.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

20+ games at u23 level plus a few youth cup games whilst training with the first team now and again is prefect for him right now. See how he is next pre-season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don’t get the rush. Let the boy stay with u23. He is 17 ffs. We seen what happens when teens get rushed. They become injury prone

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

👍Lets hope in a couple of years he is ready to make the step up.
If he progresses he may get a run out in cup games or loan next season?
I see no reason he can’t make the first team bench this season and have a few sub appearances. I don’t think he’s 2 seasons away.

His first touch, composure and guile when receiving the ball under pressure is certainly a trait we lack in midfield. Probably not ready to play in a midfield 2 but he could certainly hold his own in a 3 or in the 10.

Still needs to improve on strength and stamina but everything else is there.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It was me :lol:

And no I don’t hate the academy, disliked the wrong post but leaving it there. Sure Big Poppa doesn’t care.
I like your style - leave down a marker, bit of a warning in case he steps out of line again. @rich 1990 has been dominating @Riou like that for ages... :lol:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
No marker just sick of Arsenal fans really, I need to spend less time on here.

There I’ve removed my unlike, cheer up everybody.
You're not sick of us big man, come on now - it's one big disfunctional family. We all basically abuse each other constantly, but as soon as the **** gets real we mostly rally around (I'm thinking about mad Glaswegian's invading, cocky United fans, etc). It's cool that you hate Patino, honestly. Get that dislike back and be proud!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom