• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Charlie Patino: No Swan Song Afterall

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I see no reason he can’t make the first team bench this season and have a few sub appearances. I don’t think he’s 2 seasons away.

His first touch, composure and guile when receiving the ball under pressure is certainly a trait we lack in midfield. Probably not ready to play in a midfield 2 but he could certainly hold his own in a 3 or in the 10.

Still needs to improve on strength and stamina but everything else is there.
Perhaps he will? I certainly wont be stressin tho if it takes a little longer tbh.
The jump from U23s to adult football is huge. the jump from U23s to toughest league in the world is absolutely massive,
a 17-19 year old midfielder in the Prem is a mega ask.

How many 17 years old do we see?

Loan or Cup minutes next season is my bet tbh.

Hyping kids is

wait until the kid hits the ripe old age of 19.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
What i meant to add

Hyping kids is imo simply adding more pressure on them
People can become too desperate to see them in the 1st team & have unrealistic expectations. Its so hard for young players to just develop naturally nowadays away from the spotlight with the clamour of social media & 24/7 reporting.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully he gets some minutes against Sunderland.

If he doesn’t go on loan we potentially have two FA Cup ties during AFCON. Hope he can play in them as well.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Perhaps he will? I certainly wont be stressin tho if it takes a little longer tbh.
The jump from U23s to adult football is huge. the jump from U23s to toughest league in the world is absolutely massive,

Hyping kids is

you dont loan a prcious talent like this. Just as United didnt loan out Greenwood and we didnt loan out wilshere. With players of this technical level you are wasting time sending them to lower leagues where they will get kicked of the pitch by less talented cloggers

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
you dont loan a prcious talent like this. Just as United didnt loan out Greenwood and we didnt loan out wilshere. With players of this technical level you are wasting time sending them to lower leagues where they will get kicked of the pitch by less talented cloggers
I don't agree with this to be honest. Young players need competitive minutes to test themselves at the highest level where they can regularly play. Patino is going to get very few minutes in our first team for the foreseeable future - so going to a lower league and playing is what he needs. He comes into the first team here and you lot go from hyping him to slaughtering him in about 3 games, no shades of grey allowed. We've seen it a million times before.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Hyping kids is

Me neither.

He's older than Bellingham and Musiala though isn't he? And Saka was younger than him when he made his debut in the PL and Europa league. I think it's more to do with maturity and experience than age, and he has an above average football IQ for his age anyway.

Not hyping him, just saying that he has a very unique skillset that is worth making an exception for, if done in a careful, controlled manner.

Tom Mix

David Grondin
Arturo Lupoli
Quincy Owusu-Abeye
Thomas Eisfeld
Kerrea Gilbert
Gedion Zelalem
Havard Nordveit
Benik Afobe

etc etc etc

Fabregasm

you only not loan a talent out when he is good enough to play in the starting 11. Greenwood had over 30+ appearances in league when he was 18 already, not looking the same case for Patino. Wilshere was loaned out someone mentioned when he was 17. At 18 he was in 1st team over 30+ appearances in the league

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Me neither.

He's older than Bellingham and Musiala though isn't he? And Saka was younger than him when he made his debut in the PL and Europa league. I think it's more to do with maturity and experience than age, and he has an above average football IQ for his age anyway.

Not hyping him, just saying that he has a very unique skillset that is worth making an exception for, if done in a careful, controlled manner.

Don't think it's about age. He lacks quickness and strength, he still has the body of a 14 year old boy. All those guys you mentioned are better raw athletes. Patino has good body control and agility, so he is not a stiff like Xhaka. He needs to fill out his frame a bit and gain some power. He has also had some injury niggles in the last two years, perhaps all a part of growing pains. In terms of ability, he is gifted. One of those naturals, IQ, vision, technique and always thinking the game a step or two ahead.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm pretty sure Wilshere had a loan stint at Bolton and Ashley Cole went to Palace. ESR had a good loan more recently. It's where they're sent and how much they play that's the issue. If there's no path to the first team, it's the best alternative unless we sell.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't think it's about age. He lacks quickness and strength, he still has the body of a 14 year old boy. All those guys you mentioned are better raw athletes. Patino has good body control and agility, so he is not a stiff like Xhaka. He needs to fill out his frame a bit and gain some power. He has also had some injury niggles in the last two years, perhaps all a part of growing pains. In terms of ability, he is gifted. One of those naturals, IQ, vision, technique and always thinking the game a step or two ahead.
Completely agree

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

David Grondin
Arturo Lupoli
Quincy Owusu-Abeye
Thomas Eisfeld
Kerrea Gilbert
Gedion Zelalem
Havard Nordveit
Benik Afobe

etc etc etc
When you're trying to figure out this weekend's weather forecast and someone chimes in about global warming

Tom Mix

When you're trying to figure out this weekend's weather forecast and someone chimes in about global warming
I am not going to keep getting excited about the "young ones". Too many decades of suffering. I am grateful we have Saka and Smith Rowe but, let's face it, that's the exception and not the rule.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wilshere was loaned out for 6 months to Bolton. Obviously Wenger thought he needed game time, which he wasn’t going to get here at the time. Greenwood isn’t being loaned out because he’s playing for the first team.

You loan a young player if he can get game time elsewhere that you can’t currently give him, or you want to toughen him up. Some of the best players in this country, ever, have had loans, Ferdinand, Lampard, Beckham, Terry, Ashley Cole, even current guys like Reece James, Mason Mount, Harry Kane etc.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Wilshere was loaned out for 6 months to Bolton. Obviously Wenger thought he needed game time, which he wasn’t going to get here at the time. Greenwood isn’t being loaned out because he’s playing for the first team.

You loan a young player if he can get game time elsewhere that you can’t currently give him, or you want to toughen him up. Some of the best players in this country, ever, have had loans, Ferdinand, Lampard, Beckham, Terry, Ashley Cole, even current guys like Reece James, Mason Mount, Harry Kane etc.
Very well said Sir👍.

Top Bottom