• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Charlie Patino: No Swan Song Afterall

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Magic- so clean, so calm, so difficult to read. Think he's reacting to pressure quicker now. Maybe he'll be ready in twelve months? I am so hyped for this player.

Ability has never been in question for him, it's everything else. Can he get kicked and keep coming back, does he want to be the best he can be, does he have the natural confidence and swagger young players need to make it etc.

So far he looks ready but it's very early days. Times will get tough- we need to see how he copes. I'm confident he's up for the task, still buzzing he bagged on his debut for us!

On a side note, he's playing with some ****ing shocking players :lol:

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Such an elegant player, passes the eye test with flying colours. Gives me Özil vibes a bit.
I’ve been trying to think who he reminds me of but haven’t quite hit on it yet. There’s a few moments there where he’s really pushing the boat out in terms of speed and smoothness of execution that reminds me of Partey.

ragnarock

I’ve been trying to think who he reminds me of but haven’t quite hit on it yet. There’s a few moments there where he’s really pushing the boat out in terms of speed and smoothness of execution that reminds me of Partey.

Some elements of Wilshere there imo, the way he scans and moves out of pressure with ease.
Lazy comparison sure.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ability has never been in question for him, it's everything else. Can he get kicked and keep coming back, does he want to be the best he can be, does he have the natural confidence and swagger young players need to make it etc.

So far he looks ready but it's very early days. Times will get tough- we need to see how he copes. I'm confident he's up for the task, still buzzing he bagged on his debut for us!

On a side note, he's playing with some ****ing shocking players :lol:
I have to say, I feel like the only one that isn't worried at all about the getting kicked part. Don't wanna repeat myself too much but Patino is quite an aggressive player off the ball, and while he's not particularly very quick or overwhelmingly powerful, he tackles with conviction and is not afraid to contest duels for a full 90. If someone kicks Patino, he'll kick em back. He's got that streak in him.

Check the stats posted aswell. 4 tackles won. I'm really intrigued to see his progression in the Championship, although Blackpool are a bit........lacking IMO. We should send them one of our attackers tbh - Taylor-Hart needs a loan. TJJ didn't do too great when he went down there though tbf.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Expected him to look a little more nervous but was far more composed than any of his team mates. If that’s a baseline then he’ll be starter before long.

Primed to take Partey’s spot next season.
Patino is an 8 not a 6.

RunTheTrap

Charlie will be running Blackpool's midfield like prime Charlie Adam, and I don't say that lightly.
Banter aside, Charlie Adam was on crack the season before his disastrous move to Liverpool. Old Charlie Adam could teach McTominay a thing or two.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Patino is an 8 not a 6.
Ehhhhh.....he's very capable of playing both roles. I think he's growing into being more of an 8 but he was better as a 6 at one point. Receives under pressure from the goalie, distributes well from deep, his ability to win duels. His risky play is the only reason he doesn't play as a 6 more. Miguel Azeez has the same problem - big future as a 6 but used more as an 8 and he's arguably a better attacking player than Patino is in terms of output/G+A.

Really depends on what you want out of your 6 really. In any case, it looks like they want Azeez to be a 6 more than Patino.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Ehhhhh.....he's very capable of playing both roles. I think he's growing into being more of an 8 but he was better as a 6 at one point. Receives under pressure from the goalie, distributes well from deep, his ability to win duels. His risky play is the only reason he doesn't play as a 6 more. Miguel Azeez has the same problem - big future as a 6 but used more as an 8 and he's arguably a better attacking player than Patino is in terms of output/G+A.

Really depends on what you want out of your 6 really. In any case, it looks like they want Azeez to be a 6 more than Patino.
Azeez is a bit more robust and athletic. He also has a very good passing range and can carry the ball. It'll be interesting to see how both Patino and Azeez progress in the next two years.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I have to say, I feel like the only one that isn't worried at all about the getting kicked part. Don't wanna repeat myself too much but Patino is quite an aggressive player off the ball, and while he's not particularly very quick or overwhelmingly powerful, he tackles with conviction and is not afraid to contest duels for a full 90. If someone kicks Patino, he'll kick em back. He's got that streak in him.

Check the stats posted aswell. 4 tackles won. I'm really intrigued to see his progression in the Championship, although Blackpool are a bit........lacking IMO. We should send them one of our attackers tbh - Taylor-Hart needs a loan. TJJ didn't do too great when he went down there though tbf.
Wasn't TJJ injured for like majority of his loan?

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

I think 6, particularly loan 6, is a role it takes more time to learn anyway really. Could be moulded later.

RunTheTrap

I agree with you but I think Patino could pop up with some goals. He makes some good late runs into the box. As Azeez he needs to stop chilling with AMN and kick himself up a gear. He’s just as talented as Patino and arguably physically better but he plays football at his own pace and that hinders him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I agree with you but I think Patino could pop up with some goals. He makes some good late runs into the box. As Azeez he needs to stop chilling with AMN and kick himself up a gear. He’s just as talented as Patino and arguably physically better but he plays football at his own pace and that hinders him.
Totally agreed on Azeez - feel like he needs to be challenged but for a player of his ability he does not dominate matches the way he should. I actually think playing as a 6 is the best way to get that out of him tbh.

Wasn't TJJ injured for like majority of his loan?
He was injured for the Shrewsbury loan - at Blackpool he was fit for a good chunk of time but he wasn't being used towards the end when he was fit and training, hence why we recalled him and sent him to another team.

Azeez is a bit more robust and athletic. He also has a very good passing range and can carry the ball. It'll be interesting to see how both Patino and Azeez progress in the next two years.
I think Azeez has more impact on games when he plays deeper. Probably why Per is keen on making him more of a 6. I expect to see him more in a deeper position going forward.

Top Bottom