• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

'Chelsea Are No Better Than Arsenal Really' - Andy Gray

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I don't understand why everyone thinks Andy hates us. Listen to what the guy says rather than what you think he's saying, he loves our football. He just thinks we need a plan B, and who disagrees with that?

Feanor

Established Member
We don't need no stink'n plan B! I think plan B for us should involve more shooting from distance, we never take shots, we always try to dribble the ball into goal.

Canadian Gooner

zahinsa said:
We don't need no stink'n plan B!

I think the CL has shown that we could use a plan B. I think it'd be really useful. We wouldn't use it all the time, just when we needed to, hence the name "plan B".

yonatan

I watched the Chelsea-Milan game through an American ESPN feed (had an American commentator) and I gotta say that guy's an idiot. However, the guy with him had a British accent... but he was also an idiot and it pissed me off that he kept on calling Gilardino Gilardinho, not every good player's name has to end with a -inho.

visitor99

Ratinho said:
Gurgen said:
Only Owen never scored 20 goals a season now did he :lol:

Yes, infact he's got 29 on one occassion.
From premierleague.com (so EPL goals only), goals scored by Michael Owen by season:

03/04 - 16
02/03 - 19
01/02 - 19
00/01 - 16
99/00 - 11
98/99 - 18
97/98 - 18
96/97 - 1

awooga83

Established Member
I don't understand where the view that Gray hates us has come from i've never heard him say anything like that.

Mark

Established Member
awooga83 said:
I don't understand where the view that Gray hates us has come from i've never heard him say anything like that.

I often wonder about that as well. He always talks about how much he loves our football and goes mad over Henry and some of our goals.

He's one of the most unbiased guys out there in my opinion. Just speaks his mind, that's why I like him.

air

I hate the whole plan B because for everyone it means buying some target player!

So who do you prefer, John Carew, Peter Crouch...!? Give it a f*$¤?§! rest!! We don't play that kind of cr@p football!

ajaxgunner

I heard his commentary from last season's Community Shield, and he was actually very impartial, going gaga over Reyes. One commentator who isn't impartial, no matter how hard he tries to be, is Kenny Sansom :D

Tegh

Established Member
I like him, he's an experienced commentator, and he is fairly impartial.

Lawro is a pr!ck.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
awooga83 said:
Gray only rates Mannooore and Fergie.

When we and Mannoore were the only title contenders, Gray often took Arsenal lightly. :evil:

IBL

Established Member
Andy Gray is a decent commentator but a few seasons ago when Van Horseface and Henry were both knocking in goals for fun he did a comparison between them to see who was the better striker on a Monday Night Special show. He went through Nistelrooys strengths which were heading, getting on the end of crosses and through balls and his finishing in the box. Then he explained Henry's strenghts which were dribbling past defenders, speed, scoring from inside and outside the box, scoring from free kicks, providing loads of assists. After all this you'd expect him to go for Henry but insteads opts for Van Diverboy only becuase "he can head the ball better than Henry"....wtf?!! lost plenty of respect for him that day!

He is usually quite impartial in match commentary, he was rightly praising Chelsea last season as they were the top team. He does bang on about our lack of a plan b which is fair enough.

Dont get me started on Mark 'doesnt Ashley Cole look great in that blue shirt' Lawrenson. Shame Ron Atkinson couldnt keep his stupid racist sayings to himself, he was always provided entertaining commentary.

Tegh

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
Andy Gray is a decent commentator but a few seasons ago when Van Horseface and Henry were both knocking in goals for fun he did a comparison between them to see who was the better striker on a Monday Night Special show. He went through Nistelrooys strengths which were heading, getting on the end of crosses and through balls and his finishing in the box. Then he explained Henry's strenghts which were dribbling past defenders, speed, scoring from inside and outside the box, scoring from free kicks, providing loads of assists. After all this you'd expect him to go for Henry but insteads opts for Van Diverboy only becuase "he can head the ball better than Henry"....wtf?!! lost plenty of respect for him that day!

He is usually quite impartial in match commentary, he was rightly praising Chelsea last season as they were the top team. He does bang on about our lack of a plan b which is fair enough.

Dont get me started on Mark 'doesnt Ashley Cole look great in that blue shirt' Lawrenson. Shame Ron Atkinson couldnt keep his stupid racist sayings to himself, he was always provided entertaining commentary.

I agree, Gray seems to have a certain love for Henry, but not Arsenal at times. However, he's one of the top pundits IMO, and also, Lawro is a pr!ck. I don't think he even knows what he's talking about, he's so full of it.

Top Bottom