• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

novar

Something about Tuchel on the touchline didn’t look right for his Chelsea debut, in that situation with a manager in his honeymoon the right look for me would have been calm and authoritative, but Tuchel looked somewhat immature, for want of a better word. Just an instinctive thing where I could be totally wrong, but there is a high chance in a month or so that the chatter will be that Chelsea should have gone for someone older and more experienced, a bit of a father figure for the “kids”.

He's buzzing, a job at Chelsea means there's a lot of money for you after just some months of work.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think Tuchel will do well but I also think he will be gone in 18 months, nowadays an abundance of money is just a hindrance and a stick to beat you with. These players aren’t machines money doesnt = quality.

Wouldn’t be surprised if years down the line all the American owners try to propose a draft pick system as opposed to transfer fees.

Even at the height of Arteta Out I actually wasn’t crazy about the guy because of the Demba Ba thing. Would have taken him though cause let’s face it, who isn’t ignorant in football really.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Even at the height of Arteta Out I actually wasn’t crazy about the guy because of the Demba Ba thing. Would have taken him though cause let’s face it, who isn’t ignorant in football really.

It turned out that the Demba Ba thing (rather, the Pierre Webo thing) was a misunderstanding. The fourth official was merely speaking in his native Romanian, in which the word for the color of black happens to be negro, and he merely used the word to differentiate between Pierre Webo and Okan Buruk, the coach of Başakşehir. The ref had mistakenly sent Buruk off, and Webo and Buruk were right next to each other when the fourth official pointed out Webo to the ref, saying it was the "black one" that he had to send off. If the scenario was reversed, he likely would've said the "white one" instead, in scenarios like that you point to stand out attributes like age, height, skin color or whatever. The Başakşehir players misunderstood the fourth official, then PSG players went by with what Başakşehir players said, and by the time it made the news people had already decided that it was racism on the fourth official's part.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It turned out that the Demba Ba thing (rather, the Pierre Webo thing) was a misunderstanding. The fourth official was merely speaking in his native Romanian, in which the word for the color of black happens to be negro, and he merely used the word to differentiate between Pierre Webo and Okan Buruk, the coach of Başakşehir. The ref had mistakenly sent Buruk off, and Webo and Buruk were right next to each other when the fourth official pointed out Webo to the ref, saying it was the "black one" that he had to send off. If the scenario was reversed, he likely would've said the "white one" instead, in scenarios like that you point to stand out attributes like age, height, skin color or whatever. The Başakşehir players misunderstood the fourth official, then PSG players went by with what Başakşehir players said, and by the time it made the news people had already decided that it was racism on the fourth official's part.
If you say so man. Ba still seems pretty pissed. (interview from a few days ago). Pretty sure the PSG players weren't feeling it either.

Bloodbather

Established Member

If you say so man. Ba still seems pretty pissed. (interview from a few days ago). Pretty sure the PSG players weren't feeling it either.

I get that. I think the damage was done after that misunderstanding. Unfortunate situation for both parties. Tuchel probably didn't even understand what the **** was going on.

1 other person

Nevermind that they didn't score. They didn't even get a pass into the box to have a shot. Their passing and moving was so bad that they had to take a shot from outside the box.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury

we haven't heard the last of this story
Tuchel is half right imo. Combination of players jumping on a convenient little bandwagon and not fancying winning. Absolute farce. Ba is a tosser and he’s never going to back down now. Poor official gets labelled a racist because he’s Romanian and for identifying someone as ‘black’. And what are the PSG players supposed to do once an allegation of racism spreads across the pitch? If they ignore it in this climate, regardless of the ‘evidence’, you’re racist too! Wtf is this world coming to? :lol:

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hilarious...can't imagine Arsène saying that though :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom