• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Tuchel sneaks into 4th with the Rodgers bottle job. Not entirely the strongest finish to the season depending on the CL result.

Last edited:

Theresa

Let’s hope his 3-4-2-1 gets found out and he fails his second season.
The only time he changed Chelsea’s shape, his team got battered by West Brom.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Anyone read or hear Perry Groves comments on Talksport last night? I don't listen to the show but saw the footage on YouTube. He embarrassed himself - adamant that Arsenal are still bigger than Chelsea but could only back up his argument with "but but but history".

As a Utd fan, I hate it when our own supporter's harp on about a European Cup that none of us saw our players lift in 1968.

Yes, history does play a role in the status of a football club. But so do many other things and right now, Chelsea is a giant of a club. Two European Cups in 9 years with league titles and Europa League wins sprinkled in there too.

I wish our terrible owners cared as much about our on-field success.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Anyone read or hear Perry Groves comments on Talksport last night? I don't listen to the show but saw the footage on YouTube. He embarrassed himself - adamant that Arsenal are still bigger than Chelsea but could only back up his argument with "but but but history".

As a Utd fan, I hate it when our own supporter's harp on about a European Cup that none of us saw our players lift in 1968.

Yes, history does play a role in the status of a football club. But so do many other things and right now, Chelsea is a giant of a club. Two European Cups in 9 years with league titles and Europa League wins sprinkled in there too.

Arsenal and United, 2 giants of the game...left in the mud by 2 much smaller rival clubs, that got pumped full of money, sad times.

Iceman10

Established Member

Not just history though. The global fanbase is bigger also, as it should be. Current Chelsea is the product of financial doping, nowhere near anything organic.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Not just history though. The global fanbase is bigger also, as it should be. Current Chelsea is the product of financial doping, nowhere near anything organic.
I agree completely. But it is what it is. Man City and PSG have thrown loads of cash at trying to win the CL and still haven’t lifted it.

Liverpool and Leicester in recent years have won trophies by investing in the right manager and players. Quality over quantity.

Meanwhile Utd and Arsenal have been messing around with the wrong managers and players for too long now. We only have ourselves and obviously our owners to blame.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I read somewhere that Chelsea is valued at about 2b while Abramovich has invested about 1.3b into the club. That means if he sold Chelsea tomorrow he would walk away with a nice profit which is incredible if you think how Chelsea has typically been regarded as a black hole and a billionaires toy. Just goes to show how critical on field success is to growing a clubs value. The Kroenke years have been horrible for us.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

One of the best owners in football it has to be said. Took a club with no history or pedigree, and turned them into winners.

Rodney T.

Hi, Chelsea fan here. Hope you don't mind me coming on here to say my bit.

From Goal.com.
Worldwide social media followers.
1 - R Madrid - 252.1 million.
2 - Barca - 250.3 m.
3 - M Utd - 142 m.
4 - Jive - 104 m.
5 - Chelsea 93.4 m.
6 - Liverpool - 92.7 m.
Arsenal are 10th with 75.9m.

Chelsea sell more shirts Worldwide than Arsenal. Only Utd consistently sell more than Chelsea from the Premier League teams. Chelsea consistently been 4th- 6th.

Financial doped?
From transfer market.co.uk

Chelsea's net transfer spend over the last 5 years is 262.34 million. Arsenal's is 308.60 million.
In that time Chelsea have won the league and CL. Way better value for money than Arsenal.

Over the last 10 years Chelsea's net spend is 496.94 million.
Arsenal's is 472.51 million.
For an extra 22 million over ten years Chelsea have two league titles, 2 CL's and two Europa titles.
Massive difference in value for money.
Furthermore, over the last 10 years Chelsea are only just behind Benfica in terms of money in from transfers with over 900 million sales.
Last season's huge spend was a one off after a transfer ban and huge money coming in from Hazard and Morata transfers.

Rodney T.

From Goal.com.
2 - Barca - 250.3 m.
3 - M Utd - 142 m.
4 - Jive - 104 m.
5 - Chelsea 93.4 m.
6 - Liverpool - 92.7 m.

Chelsea sell more shirts Worldwide than Arsenal. Only Utd consistently sell more than Chelsea from the Premier League teams. Chelsea consistently been 4th- 6th.

Financial doped?

Chelsea's net transfer spend over the last 5 years is 262.34 million. Arsenal's is 308.60 million.
In that time Chelsea have won the league and CL. Way better value for money than Arsenal.

For an extra 22 million over ten years Chelsea have two league titles, 2 CL's and two Europa titles.
Furthermore, over the last 10 years Chelsea are only just behind Benfica in terms of money in from transfers with over 900 million sales.
Last season's huge spend was a one off after a transfer ban and huge money coming in from Hazard and Morata transfers.

From Goal.com.
2 - Barca - 250.3 m.
3 - M Utd - 142 m.
4 - Jive - 104 m.
5 - Chelsea 93.4 m.
6 - Liverpool - 92.7 m.

Financial doped?

Can't see edit button so have to adjust the error this way.
It's an extra 24 million over 10 years.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
@Rodney T.

Chelsea have definitely done well in the last 20 years, Roman has singlehandedly converted you into a superclub, and with the second champions league, become the current biggerst club in London.

Arsenal must invest and take back that title in the coming years.

Iceman10

Established Member

From Goal.com.
2 - Barca - 250.3 m.
3 - M Utd - 142 m.
4 - Jive - 104 m.
5 - Chelsea 93.4 m.
6 - Liverpool - 92.7 m.

Financial doped?

Can play this game all day long, but I'm not going to. Occam's razor on this will lead to the state Chelsea was in before Abramovich took over the club. Yes, that has been financial doping. Regarding the other stuff the cherry picking is obvious and can easily be rebutted, but I won't, because I know these things can lead to endless exchanges that don't achieve anything.

Top Bottom