• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I guess we'll wait and see because with Abra if this continue he'll be sacked in summer. I think they need to fix the way they buy players before changing managers they spent over 500M since transfer ban lifted and most the players they bought flopped
Chelsea haven’t quite adjusted to the post Roman era - they’re making similar signings to “fix” issues across the squad but haven’t worked out that they no longer have the luxury of writing off/tossing aside the huge expense of the numerous “misses“ (such as Auba) which this process inevitably creates and weighs them down like an anchor when you allow for albeit imperfect FFP. Bohley certainly knows his sports franchises but like The Kronke‘s it will take him some time to come to terms with the realities of the Prem, especiallŷ given the commercial income if Man United and both City and the barcodes in town.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is from their forum. It's interesting how much they have spent in recent transfer windows and it looks like being a total mess.

For the second home League game in a row, I was too incensed at the final whistle to post. I have since watched most of the game again and am honestly at a loss to know where we go from here. I list below the main (but not only) areas of concern that I took away from yesterday.
  • Injuries are too serious, too often and players are too slow to come back to fitness. We can't ignore that Potter has been very unlucky since arriving with injuries. Probably the three best players at the Club Kante, James and Chilwell are out for this year and our best hope for sorting out the defence Fofana is also going to be out long term. OK we have sacked Biosca and the medics and bought in a bloke whose claim to fame is nursing the Foo Fighters guitarist back onto the stage 🥺
  • It honestly looked yesterday as though nobody had a clue what they were supposed to be doing. This is DEFINITELY 100% on Potter. The tactics are risable. Look it up, it means "provoking laughter through being ludicrous" I really thought that GP was a good coach, but when you pick a team so devoid of structure, effort, tactical nous, cohesion and passion, I am starting to doubt that he is.
  • My old chestnut, THERE IS NO LEADER in our team or squad. It's pointless harping back to the days of Cech, Terry, Lamps, Makelele and Drogba, but I will as the point is, if we had just one player with a semblance of Leadership that these guys possessed, we might even be OK. To say that Arsenal now have more leadership on the pitch than us, is bloody painful as I used to laugh at their weakness.
  • The remainder of the squad, once discounting the long term injuries, is frankly one of the worst squads that Chelsea have had for 20 years. Singularly and more importantly collectively, they are not good enough. I am not embarrassed to single out; RLC, Cucurella, KK, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech and Auba as just not being of the calibre that Chelsea Football Club should consider.
  • The last point is on Boehly. He spent upwards of £200m and clearly did not know what the hell he was doing. Yes, we needed to freshen up the squad, but it really feels as though ZERO thought was given to the recruitment. Did TT have any say, was Boehly talking to GP at that point? If he was, that is a damning indictment. It is imperative that we get a Director of Football or harness the former Brighton scouting network, as at the moment, I would rather have the BHA Squad than the one that we own.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm wondering what Potter is called if he fails at Chelsea, or if he succeeds, but needs to buy his own team to do it? Eventhough Chelsea have spent hundreds of millions.

Surely he can't be a cheque book manager after his Brighton success? So what would he be called?

If he just fails, I guess he will be called a failure.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'm wondering what Potter is called if he fails at Chelsea, or if he succeeds, but needs to buy his own team to do it? Eventhough Chelsea have spent hundreds of millions.

Surely he can't be a cheque book manager after his Brighton success? So what would he be called?

If he just fails, I guess he will be called a failure.

Potter's stock won't fall should he fail at Chelsea. Much like at Real, the odds are always against you at Chelsea & no one expects that you'll last the distance :lol:

Melquiades

Chelsea are in big trouble. Reminds me of where we were at at this point in 2020 - old stale team bereft of ideas and bereft of talent. New manager struggling badly. Just got battered by Newcastle after being battered by Brighton and battered by us.

They’re the weakest - by a fair bit - of the big 7 teams right now, are almost certainly going to fall out of the UCL for next season and are in big danger of falling out of Europe altogether.

What a crazy fall in the last year.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah Todd gonna spend in January likely will get goal scorers.

Chelsea fans losing faith quickly.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...he looked absolutely pissed when he didn't get subbed on today, hopefully he leaves them in the summer.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The important question is are Chelsea going to give Potter 2 years at least to fix up? I just don't think so Chelsea are high standards club the fans already losing faith and they used to change manager every year.

So far Chelsea are far from us when Arteta took over they don't have DOF the squad is so unbalanced and many players on huge wages Todd done an incredible big mistakes leaving thing to himself to do transfers. Just total mess and will take more than 2 years to get sorted

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The important question is are Chelsea going to give Potter 2 years at least to fix up? I just don't think so Chelsea are high standards club the fans already losing faith and they used to change manager every year.

So far Chelsea are far from us when Arteta took over they don't have DOF the squad is so unbalanced and many players on huge wages Todd done an incredible big mistakes leaving thing to himself to do transfers. Just total mess and will take more than 2 years to get sorted

Todd Lasso talks a good game but the fans will be right on him after that.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
How long auba contact in Chelsea? He definitely look pissed today i always thought it was wrong transfer they definitely didn't watched how bad he was with us for season and half.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just like United they’ll rebuild quicker than us due to to them having a better starting point and more money to throw at it. All their flops will still bring them £20-30m unlike our lot who we paid to leave.

Strong rumours already that they’re in for Gvardiol, Nkunku and Endrick.

Top Bottom