• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The more I think of it I just don’t see how Enzo will ever justify that fee. At best he will become a Modric level player

Now as talented as great Modric was, no one would say he made so much better he deserved to be the most expensive player in England ever. Same with fabregas. Peak fabregas didn’t make enough difference to be seen as most expensive player in the league

It’s just impossible to make enough difference from that position to ever be recognised as good business imo.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

View attachment 12823

Do they know Felix is a loan?
Felix loan like you say. Madueke is very injury-prone, so is James. Fofana comes back from a bad injury, and might also be injury-prone.

Cucurella should also play well at some point if he is included in any superteam. Badiashile also needs to convince me first, haven't seen him play much.

Tomb Bombadil

Why did they want to buy Fernandez so bad now? I'm sure this has to be about FFP/PL regulation. I guess they will be punished and they now it. But they will just pay the fine.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
So much risk involved in that Enzo deal. Chelsea paid an insane amount of money for potential, as based on what I’ve seen, he’s got some way to go to become a true world class player. The fee had them within striking distance of any other midfielder in Europe. It’s got potential to look like a real howler imo.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The more I think of it I just don’t see how Enzo will ever justify that fee. At best he will become a Modric level player

Now as talented as great Modric was, no one would say he made so much better he deserved to be the most expensive player in England ever. Same with fabregas. Peak fabregas didn’t make enough difference to be seen as most expensive player in the league

It’s just impossible to make enough difference from that position to ever be recognised as good business imo.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Why did they want to buy Fernandez so bad now? I'm sure this has to be about FFP/PL regulation. I guess they will be punished and they now it. But they will just pay the fine.

Because from next season UEFA will only let you amortise new players fees over max 5 years

Legend14

Established Member
Fees aside, Chelsea have Enzo, Mudryk, and Felix. Buy enough talent and they will figure it out on their own. These are players who come to do some damage. They are not prima-donas.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Fees aside, Chelsea have Enzo, Mudryk, and Felix. Buy enough talent and they will figure it out on their own. These are players who come to do some damage. They are not prima-donas.

They have no way of making CL so their revenue is going down next year while their losses are skyrocketing. You know Murdyk is serious on the strength of his 12 goal CV?

When this blows up all of you jealous of big dong Boehly, just remember one thing. I told you SO. According to Gore Vidal the 4 most beautiful words in the English language. Cheer up the big 6 is about to become a big 5.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This feels like playing Pes about 3 years ago and searching good young players. Ones you think may be obtainable, not like an Mbappe.

Then you move them into the team and imagine other players move to other teams so you move them out because they are too old and won't develop but only regress. Eg Kante and Thiago Silva. Then you start a new Master league with all of these young players, imagine you have a young manager and win everything in sight. You know a young player will start at 76 and end up at 89 in 2 years because of their predetermined curve.

The difference is. This is real life. There is no guarantee of adaptation or development. They also haven't got rid of anyone. Squad harmony is actually a thing and a system needs to be present. There is also the issue of other teams having money to spend. This isn't like when Chelsea first came on the scene. Newcastle could do exactly what Chelsea are doing now, but they are sitting in the top four through coaching, a philosophy of buying adapted English players or promising players that fit a system.

Mudryk-------Nkunku-------Maduake
--------------------Felix
-------------Enzo--------Caicedo
Cucurella-Badiahsile-Fofana-James
--------some other young expensive keeper

Say they get Felix. I see this team being banded around. What about Thiago Silva who is clearly their best defender? What about Kovacic, Mount, Havertz, Sterling.

Mudryk has potential. He isn't ready to carry a team.

Nkunku scores in Germany. A league where teams defend high and press with no pace in their back line. He isn't doing a Haaland. He doesn't have that level of physicality and he isn't walking into an established system.

Felix? Still adapting and I doubt he even goes there.

Enzo and Caicedo? Caicedo is developing. He is inexperienced. He isn't used to pressure. Enzo is the most expensive signing in the history of the Premier League. That has to come with expectation and he can't cover large distances.

Badiashile and Fofana? They are behind Saliba, Konate and Upamecano. Fofana is returning from injury.

Maduake? He came from Sp**s. He is injury prone. The level difference between him and Sterling is insane.

Who scores the goals in that team? It's just ****.

Top Bottom