• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

G0D

Almighty
Think Mudryk is maybe getting a bit too much derision here… to be fair to him he hasn’t played football since November other than that 1 substitute appearance and really shouldn’t have been thrown in for a start on only his first home appearance… especially if he was “unwell”.

Comes across as atrocious player management which does not bode well for Potter and his bloated squad. 😂

Still think it’s clear the quality is there with Mudyrk and he just needs nurturing a bit… jus don’t see Chelsea really doing that.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think Mudryk is maybe getting a bit too much derision here… to be fair to him he hasn’t played football since November other than that 1 substitute appearance and really shouldn’t have been thrown in for a start on only his first home appearance… especially if he was “unwell”.

Comes across as atrocious player management which does not bode well for Potter and his bloated squad. 😂

Still think it’s clear the quality is there with Mudyrk and he just needs nurturing a bit… jus don’t see Chelsea really doing that.

It's not a bit. He needs a whole season of development. There is so much adaptation for him:

New club
New country
New home
New teammates
New coaching staff and manager
New expectations from the crowd
New pressure from the price tag
New pressure from the size of the club he is playing for
New level of opponent
New level of physicality
New level of intensity and tactical awareness

He has been dropped in like he is a 100 million established player who has moved club before and even then, that isn't always likely to work.

It's so bad for Mudryk. I dont think generational talents who develop no matter the scenario are easy to spot.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I was of the opinion that Potter could turn this around with time, but he just won't get it. It's a bit of a mess at the moment. He's in a situation with a lot of new faces but then there's also a lot of ones they're actively trying to get rid of or who know they'll be leaving come summer, hardly ideal for the remainder of this season, it stops them from building real harmony in the squad. It's like where Arteta found himself but Chelsea and under Boehly is a completely different animal, that and Potter doesn't have the same type of personality as Arteta.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's not a bit. He needs a whole season of development. There is so much adaptation for him:

New club
New country
New home
New teammates
New coaching staff and manager
New expectations from the crowd
New pressure from the price tag
New pressure from the size of the club he is playing for
New level of opponent
New level of physicality
New level of intensity and tactical awareness

He has been dropped in like he is a 100 million established player who has moved club before and even then, that isn't always likely to work.

It's so bad for Mudryk. I dont think generational talents who develop no matter the scenario are easy to spot.

Yeah, same happened with Sancho albeit he had much more experience in a better league, as soon as the expectation comes you never know what’s going to happen. If Potter starts getting shakey results and a new manager comes in, might not fancy Mud and suddenly his development stalls again.

Arsenal would have been so good for him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I was of the opinion that Potter could turn this around with time, but he just won't get it. It's a bit of a mess at the moment. He's in a situation with a lot of new faces but then there's also a lot of ones they're actively trying to get rid of or who know they'll be leaving come summer, hardly ideal for the remainder of this season, it stops them from building real harmony in the squad. It's like where Arteta found himself but Chelsea and under Boehly is a completely different animal, that and Potter doesn't have the same type of personality as Arteta.

Problem is they haven’t bought players for Potter I don’t think, looks to me as if they have just gone and tried to sign stars. Big issues there.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Problem is they haven’t bought players for Potter I don’t think, looks to me as if they have just gone and tried to sign stars. Big issues there.

What’s ironic is that they actually looked at Arsenal and said “we wanna be like that”. And then went and did what they did.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

He won’t get time cos they won’t get top 4, might not even get EL. Talk of patience will go out the window when that reality bites.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He won’t get time cos they won’t get top 4, might not even get EL. Talk of patience will go out the window when that reality bites.

It depends how the rest of the season pans out, top 4 has been long gone for them if that was a requirement he should've been sacked weeks ago, they need to show some sort of consistency tho in order for them to back him.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Might be part of their master plan. Can’t be qualifying for Europe any time soon coz of them pesky UEFA ffp rules innit

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What is a Potter player though?

He's a good coach who was working at a club with absolutely no expectation. He hasn't dealt with big personalities, he hasn't dealt with pressure and he hasn't been part of a winning culture.

It's easy for people to say look at Brighton, they play good football, but is anyone actually watching when they stink the place out and is there a consequence if they do?

Sterling has played rwb this season. Why? That shouldn't even be an option.

My mate is a Chelsea fan. He says that Potter comes across like losing is acceptable. That's fine at Brighton, but if we spent 600 million we would be talked about as title challengers. This isn't plucky little Chelsea.

TornadoTed

Established Member
16 new players, 18 with Gallagher and Broja returning from loan, maybe they should have gone for Steve Cooper instead of Graham Potter.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

I remember when Arsenal spaces and clubhouse chats during the bandemic where convos sounded like these.

Imagine wanting to die on a Mason Mount hill, ffs 🤣

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Their fans are quite dense. They’re all gloating about their club finding this ffp amortisation “loophole”, does it not occur to them that it’s the most basic accounting principle and that greatest financial minds at the other big clubs haven’t thought about doing what they have done before?

Fact is there is a very good reason clubs don’t blow 600m in two windows and have 10 players on 8 year contracts….

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yep, it is no wonder they look disjointed.

There is also a massive question mark over the talent. Are they spending money on world class talent or just players who show glimpses of potential and no consistency.

It's fine when you have our system and you throw one player in there. When you try and make a whole team of them? The chance of it succeeding requires every signing to be a hit and that is never the case.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It depends how the rest of the season pans out, top 4 has been long gone for them if that was a requirement he should've been sacked weeks ago, they need to show some sort of consistency tho in order for them to back him.

Boehly was visibly annoyed at the game yesterday.

Has to hit a run of form soon imo

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There is also a massive question mark over the talent. Are they spending money on world class talent or just players who show glimpses of potential and no consistency.

It's fine when you have our system and you throw one player in there. When you try and make a whole team of them? The chance of it succeeding requires every signing to be a hit and that is never the case.

Spot on, this is why Mudryk made such a huge error, although I reckon he had no choice in the matter and if you gave him the choice now he’d drive to Conley himself.

These young guys they’ve signed have to develop as players themselves and gel as a team at the same time, with the added pressure of being the most expensive squad ever assembled? It’s somewhat of a poisoned chalice.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Swiss Ramble analysis on Chelsea & FFP on January 26th, so before they got Enzo. Look at that final statement!! Now they drew Fulham at home, so if they tried to boost their chances for a rise to top 4, it didn't start well. They are now 9 points behind United, who have a game less played. Surely they need to reach at least UEL spot, but even that is not a given because there are good teams ahead of them.

It also says they need to continue in their successful player sales. But a few contract are ending soon like Mount & Kovacic in 2024, who need a bumper new contract if they even want to stay. Also I really doubt Boehly can do much better than Edu did selling the worst deadwood. They do have some better assets than Edu did though I think. And like you saw, HG Callagher with very good experience for a young player is worth a lot of money. Ziyech might be a bit wanted because he had a good World Cup, and that's why PSG was willing to pay a loan fee in January.

"Conclusion

Chelsea will clearly have to be conscious of Financial Fair Play, but their big spending does not automatically mean that they will fall foul of the regulations, especially if they maintain their profitable player trading model (assisted by the accounting treatment of transfers).

As it stands, it looks like they will be compliant with the Premier League’s Profitability and Sustainability regulations, though they will have a few more challenges with UEFA’s FFP, due to the smaller losses allowed. However, even here, the new rules that will be implemented from 2023/24 will allow them more scope.

Chelsea can improve matters this season with some player sales in this transfer window, but they could also worsen the FFP situation with further purchases (there is much talk about Caicedo and Noni, for example).

Most importantly, if they fail to qualify for the Champions League, then all bets are off."

Latest posts+

Top Bottom