• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I really don't like Chelsea as a club, even more so after they did all they could to destroy us 20 years ago. I hope they get knocked out of the CL in the next round and spend as long out of it as we have to date. Nothing against their new signings but I really hope that whilst they're just okay individually from time to time, they don't gel or work as a team. Finally, for the players they want to sell, I wish them well- as in the combined fee we got for Laca, Auba and Kolasinac.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Oh boy. He says the rebuild is complete. Essentially shifting the blame to the manager and the mercenaries he brought in. He believes he’s done the job so when results don’t improve heads will roll.
If i was Potter i would resign now and publicly say that he opposed this insanity. Potter has worked a lifetime for his reputation that is how he earns his living. Quit now Potter or be the scapegoat

Malky

Established Member
Not looking good for Potter - unless there’s a dramatic improvement their fans won’t give him the chance to figure this out, a lot are already turning on him.
No surprises really, their fanbase are impatient spoilt ****s who think throwing the most money at a problem is an instant fix!

Malky

Established Member
Is it just me that don't see the hype around enzo to justify his price tag ?
Didn’t see anything last night that made me think he’ll justify the price tag, he’ll need time to adapt obviously, but I think he’ll struggle with PL football.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

How are they going to get rid of all their deadwood? It's going to have to be a garage sale, every club should be bending Chelsea over backwards to acquire the players they need to offload.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He never stood out for me that much at the world cup either. I know he scored a great goal but it was MacAllister who I thought was their main man in midfield.

That said he's not exactly blessed with it comes to his midfield partners currently. Mount and Gallagher are mid-table level. Maybe under the right conditions he'll flourish a bit more.

Farzad Stoned

It looks chaotic, no doubt about that. I do believe that chances are high Potter doesn’t get the time and space to sort it out.

But then I also think of the level of investment made, and the need to get it working. This makes me assume that Boehly is smart enough to give the project time to grow. I bet he looks at Arteta here at Arsenal and says… I need to do that

Why do people think rich guys are competent at things they have never done before even when they are making clownish decisions. Potter is a dead man walking and he is already being scapegoated i agree with you on that.

Cmon on man; just because he is rich and over pays massively for good prospects and nothing more doesn’t make him smarter than all the pros many of who are super rich themselves.

They spent 600 million on striker. Let me ask you if you buy a water carrier for 107 million pounds what are clubs going to be quoting for you a striker?

Please how can you spend 600 million with no striker and sporting director and understand football at the highest levels?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Why do people think rich guys are competent at things they have never done before even when they are making clownish decisions. Potter is a dead man walking and he is already being scapegoated i agree with you on that.

Cmon on man; just because he is rich and over pays massively for good prospects and nothing more doesn’t make him smarter than all the pros many of who are super rich themselves.

They spent 600 million on striker. Let me ask you if you buy a water carrier for 107 million pounds what are clubs going to be quoting for you a striker?

Please how can you spend 600 million with no striker and sporting director and understand football at the highest levels?

Well Im assuming that they will commit to spending 600m when they have agreement and signoff from people at the club who actually know what they are doing.

But you are right, it could just be Boehly guessing on the job and spending big while at it.

Farzad Stoned

Well Im assuming that they will commit to spending 600m when they have agreement and signoff from people at the club who actually know what they are doing.

But you are right, it could just be Boehly guessing on the job and spending big while at it.
How can it be anything else? 600 million pounds and your striker are Auba and Havertz? Sheer comedy. Cfc is a dead club walking watch the first of many fire sales to come in summer

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
He never stood out for me that much at the world cup either. I know he scored a great goal but it was MacAllister who I thought was their main man in midfield.

That said he's not exactly blessed with it comes to his midfield partners currently. Mount and Gallagher are mid-table level. Maybe under the right conditions he'll flourish a bit more.
That's not really enough if you're on an 8 1/2 year deal.

Chelsea needs these players to explode.

Buhry

Established Member

I think he looks like a good promising playmaker type. But the world cup golden boy award probably inflated his value by about 50 million. It's a big gamble at that cost. Also rumous are he's on something like 315k a week and it's a 8.5 year deal, that's a gigantic contract. They are paying him like he's an established world class player and not a guy who's had 6 decent months in Europe and 1 good world cup. But that's probably why he was so desperate to leave Benfica to join the 10th place in premier league. For that contract I'd be pretty desperate as well

Bloodbather

Established Member

Enzo is great, but justifying his price tag just isn't in the cards. He'd have to be a Ballon d'Or candidate to be able to do so. It was a desperate move by Chelsea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom