• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea Vs Arsenal Wednesday 12th May Sky Sports Non Event 20:15

Will you watch this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Tricky Micky having Tommy T on strings :shivering:

Mikel started the process that got one Chelsea manager sacked, looks like he has began the downfall of his soon to be second victim already :shivering:

Last edited:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I honestly honestly can’t believe this 😂 Like wtf is the rest of the league that bad? When did we win games I felt like all I’ve watched is arsenal lose

This is a bit disingenuous tbh. We've played more games than most of the teams mentioned there, 36 to their 34/35, three of them have cup finals coming up and we just beat one.

Context matters. In a week's time that could easily read, United 47, Chelsea and Leicester 42, Arsenal 41. I'm not saying that relative to our peers we haven't performed "on par", just that we haven't played an equal amount of games.

I'm not even touching the fixture list and who played who when and what European or cup commitments they had surrounding those games. Again, a lot of those other teams had deep runs in Europe and the cup (we only went deep in Europe).

This reminds me of the Arsenal win% with Xhaka = 75% and Arsenal win% without Xhaka = 5%. Ignoring the fact that Xhaka plays the majority of our games, we're expected to beat most teams we play and the games he missed were against Man City, Barcelona, Bayern and Real Madrid. Games that we probably would have lost with him. Yet all the people who can't look up context, will shout from the heavens how important Xhaka is to us.

Legend14

Established Member
Missed the game live today. Watching it after knowing the final score.

Are we that bad, or is Chelsea that good? We look a full class or two below them. It could easily be 6-1, 60 minutes in.

We already know we need a new manager. The strategy today was designed for us to take a substantial beating.

Not going to single out individual players, but we need a significant squad overhaul.
I’d keep Saka. ESR, Tierney, Partey. Not sure about anyone else.

How we won this is a real mystery.

Iceman10

Established Member
Rightly so.

We play 10 men behind the ball and not playing for spirit of the game. Thats Arteta's philosophy.

We went from Wenger to this....what a shame.
I think a lot of fans would take major trophies over pretty footbal, even though many won't admit it. The problem though is when you have neither and you are way off winning PL or CL. The underlying problem is our xG is so low, it isn't changing, and hence we're way off football that can get us a high table position across a whole season. What happens when Mikel dares to go for a higher xG? Will we leak many more goals because the fundamentals still are not there? If we have a manager regularly playing Holding and playing a back four (as we normally would) you have to ask.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Missed the game live today. Watching it after knowing the final score.

Are we that bad, or is Chelsea that good? We look a full class or two below them. It could easily be 6-1, 60 minutes in.

We already know we need a new manager. The strategy today was designed for us to take a substantial beating.

Not going to single out individual players, but we need a significant squad overhaul.
I’d keep Saka. ESR, Tierney, Partey. Not sure about anyone else.

How we won this is a real mystery.

Chelsea are a better team, as they should be with the money they spend...but I don't think we are that far behind them, tbh.

First 15 minutes of the game, thought we looked quite good...bar Mari's error, we were playing decently...the goal changed everything though.

Arteta is very Mourinho like, he does focus on stopping opponents rather than allowing his team to go for it...while sometimes this can be a good thing, other times you can tell how much it plays on the players mind...we are a team that defends what we have atm, rather than looking to add to it...wish we could just open up more, while also retaining our shape...we just need a braver mentality, and that comes from the manager.

If Mikel could only be a little more flexible (and trust his players more offensively) he could develop into quite the manager...just got to hope he does, as he still has plenty of time to make just a few changes to his style.

Wiggins

As frustrated as we are, imagine how frustrated Chelsea supporters must be, having witnessed their club's loss to a completely toothless opponent.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Not enthused by this at all unlike the first Chelsea game. Gifted a goal and created nothing else. Chelsea's finishing is terrible and really has been all season. They could have scored at least 3 on another day.

MartiSaka

Hey everyone, i missed the match due to obligations. How did we play?

I realize we won and thats good. it seems it was because of some mistake by chelsea but how did we play overall. How was the team set up. Did chelsea play a weakened team? who was in our line up?
Reminded me a little bit of the Liverpool game we won last season

MartiSaka

Yeah I agree we haven't been able to create or score consistently and it most certainly isn't good enough, but we have looked more solid and have more structure. Our players seem a bit more tactically aware (Holding,Bellerin, Xhaka). Once we add that creative flair with our summer additions, i'm sure we'll right back up there.
IMO, I can't see this game suggesting Arsenal will be any different next season under arti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom