• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea Vs Arsenal Wednesday 12th May Sky Sports Non Event 20:15

Will you watch this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's funny because against Villareal we hit the post twice (did the post help them), and failed to score but most on here were of the opinion that Emery outsmarted Arteta on the night with their defensive performance, but in this game, against a Chelsea side who beat Real Madrid and the current premier league Champions Man City and who are also the FA Cup finalists, we were just lucky....... GTFOH man!!!
Nobody complained much about the away match against Villarreal we did alright with that away goal. It was at home where we only had one shot on target in the whole 90 minutes. That’s where Emery outsmarted Arteta. Last night we had two shots in target in 90 minutes. Our attacking play has been really poor this season and the stats more than prove it.

Scottish_Gooner.

Who cares how we one? It's a london derby, I would take a flukey goal everytime if we beat they ****s. You aren't going to win a game playing expansive football every time.

How many time have we seen arsenal make a howler and go on to draw or get beat, it happens.

Decisons haven't always went our away this season, we were due a bit luck.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Been reading the forum for 10 years, posted a couple of times, but it's my go to for likewise opinions. Anyway, had a row with my Dad last night about this game. He asked me what i had expected from the game. I of course answered a defeat, so he asked why i was unhappy with a win. He's looking short term, i'm looking long. This performance was a real tough watch, and a million miles away from how The Arsenal should be playing. I was in the North Bank in 98, watching Big Tone smash in the fourth. I don't want to watch us play like Stoke fgs. I intend to be alot more active on here going forward, and am excited to row with some of you no doubt 😬
You will fit right in. You’ll struggle to have a fight with 85% of the forum who are firmly Arteta out. It’s with us wavering ones and the few Arteta in posters you will need to pick a fight. Given how vocal the Teta out lot is your voice will mostly drown I think... but welcome to the fray regardless!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Hilarious forum at times.

I mean we beat a team who is much better than us right now and has spent a ton more money (or at least spend money more wisely!) using a very pragmatic approach away from home (with a bit of luck thrown in, but **** it) and people still throwing the toys out.

Amount of times we used to go into these games all gung-ho, play some nice front foot stuff and then get caught a couple (or 4!) times on the counter and everyone would bemoan the lack of a game plan and ability to play a tight match and grind out 1/3 points.

Thought it was an admirable performance all things considered. I mean my ideal scenario, would have been invincibles level football, with our players running rings around them and banging in goals at will, but let's be a bit realistic about our level right now!!
Thank you! Thank you! Think this is what is needed on this forum. Some realism of where we are as a team and club. We have not ended up here due to some coincidence or in a short time. We are where we are and a lot of work is needed to get us back to where we want to be. Firing this manager now I am not sure is the right thing to do. I am not sure he is the answer but knee jerkingly firing another manager cannot be the answer.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I said it was a crap performance against Liverpool at home last year & am saying it again for last night. It's not about being Arteta in on out, it’s just that both were terrible performances.

I'm happy that we won but it’s a pointless game. People can sing & dance all they want about such a fluke win, doesn’t change the fact that our season is done

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I said it was a crap performance against Liverpool at home last year & am saying it again for last night. It's not about being Arteta in on out, it’s just that both were terrible performances.

I'm happy that we won but it’s a pointless game. People can sing & dance all they want about such a fluke win, doesn’t change the fact that our season is done
How can you say it’s pointless? They are fighting for top 4 and we are still mathematically in the run for EL. Writing that is just childish and/or entitled.

Wozman85

You will fit right in. You’ll struggle to have a fight with 85% of the forum who are firmly Arteta out. It’s with us wavering ones and the few Arteta in posters you will need to pick a fight. Given how vocal the Teta out lot is your voice will mostly drown I think... but welcome to the fray regardless!
Thanks mate. I'll always be polite, regardless of if somebodies opinion differs from mine. If we were all the same, the world would be a boring place etc. My stance is that i don't think Arteta should have been given the job, nor should have even been considered due to a complete lack of experience, plus how poor we have been for some time. You're right, this isn't an overnight situation, it has been coming for a long while, and that, in my opinion, is down to poor senior management, especially in the boardroom

People seriously asking if Chelsea are that good and we that bad... Yes, we are bad. We have terrible players. all over the place with a weak mentality. Last night we had Elneny, Leno and Mari starting for us. I just wonder when people will start accepting that our squad is in a terrible state and it will take massive transfers windows to fix it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hilarious forum at times.

I mean we beat a team who is much better than us right now and has spent a ton more money (or at least spend money more wisely!) using a very pragmatic approach away from home (with a bit of luck thrown in, but **** it) and people still throwing the toys out.

Amount of times we used to go into these games all gung-ho, play some nice front foot stuff and then get caught a couple (or 4!) times on the counter and everyone would bemoan the lack of a game plan and ability to play a tight match and grind out 1/3 points.

Thought it was an admirable performance all things considered. I mean my ideal scenario, would have been invincibles level football, with our players running rings around them and banging in goals at will, but let's be a bit realistic about our level right now!!

Gotta agree with this tbh, I mean this season has been a real chore, not enjoyable at all, but a Wenger team would have got beat yesterday trying to play football against a better team, tbf to Arteta we have got a few results against better teams by playing conservative football.

But it's a very isolated case. On the whole we play teams with worse players than us, and we're nowhere near good enough at creating chances and scoring against them. If Arteta doesn't fix the chance creation problem over the summer then he'll be sacked by Christmas, no doubt.

Majora

Excellent result, don’t mind us playing like that and grinding out a result but needs to be something we have in the locker, not the plan going into every game. Ideally you want that balance of blowing away the lesser teams and grinding out results against the ones around or above you. Arsenal have struggled for years to find that balance.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

People seriously asking if Chelsea are that good and we that bad... Yes, we are bad. We have terrible players. all over the place with a weak mentality. Last night we had Elneny, Leno and Mari starting for us. I just wonder when people will start accepting that our squad is in a terrible state and it will take massive transfers windows to fix it.
How’s your job going you big dosser?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nobody complained much about the away match against Villarreal we did alright with that away goal. It was at home where we only had one shot on target in the whole 90 minutes. That’s where Emery outsmarted Arteta. Last night we had two shots in target in 90 minutes. Our attacking play has been really poor this season and the stats more than prove it.

3rd in the league for goals conceded though, any word on that?

Wozman85

Just give me a season of no European football please. Couldn't bear losing the Conference League final to Astra f*****g Googoo!!

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
How can you say it’s pointless? They are fighting for top 4 and we are still mathematically in the run for EL. Writing that is just childish and/or entitled.
Why would I care about Chelsea's point of view? & yeah right we need to play in that conference league so much😆

Just because you've lowered your standards doesn’t mean others have to. But yeah that's totally being childish and/or entitled to you

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz

They aren't pointless games when Arteta is being criticized for being 11th on the table. Although, those who are whinging will move the goalposts and say 7th/8th doesn't matter either. Endless cycle of crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom