• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea Vs Arsenal Wednesday 12th May Sky Sports Non Event 20:15

Will you watch this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
People seriously asking if Chelsea are that good and we that bad... Yes, we are bad. We have terrible players. all over the place with a weak mentality. Last night we had Elneny, Leno and Mari starting for us. I just wonder when people will start accepting that our squad is in a terrible state and it will take massive transfers windows to fix it.

A lot of posters here think we have a top 4 squad and even then they will try to soften their opinion by saying top 5 :lol:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
They aren't pointless games when Arteta is being criticized for being 11th on the table. Although, those who are whinging will move the goalposts and say 7th/8th doesn't matter either. Endless cycle of crying.
People shouldn’t have criticized Arteta for being 11th, I mean he was saving us from relegation am I right?

Yeah let's throw an open bus parade if we finish 7th/8th, what an accomplishment for Arsenal that is.

Btw Everton are on equal points with two less games played lol

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
People shouldn’t have criticized Arteta for being 11th, I mean he was saving us from relegation am I right?

Yeah let's throw an open bus parade if we finish 7th/8th, what an accomplishment for Arsenal that is.

Btw Everton are on equal points with two less games played lol

Another over exaggerated response for no reason. Thanks.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah Joe Is definitely a nutcase. Makes me laugh at times, but like you said, he’s very destructive. Firing them man on air is just wild :lol: Akademiks gonna be rubbing his hands together like Birdman.
At the same time he was right in some of the things he says, Mal and Rory must have thought they had more ownership of the pod than they did.

Mal doesn’t contribute anything and Rory is a sensitive whiny crybaby. I stopped listening months ago cos the pod fell off.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Hilarious forum at times.

I mean we beat a team who is much better than us right now and has spent a ton more money (or at least spend money more wisely!) using a very pragmatic approach away from home (with a bit of luck thrown in, but **** it) and people still throwing the toys out.

Amount of times we used to go into these games all gung-ho, play some nice front foot stuff and then get caught a couple (or 4!) times on the counter and everyone would bemoan the lack of a game plan and ability to play a tight match and grind out 1/3 points.

Thought it was an admirable performance all things considered. I mean my ideal scenario, would have been invincibles level football, with our players running rings around them and banging in goals at will, but let's be a bit realistic about our level right now!!
Certain personality types need a background level of misery to function correctly.

No more to it than that. Let em moan.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
At the same time he was right in some of the things he says, Mal and Rory must have thought they had more ownership of the pod than they did.

Mal doesn’t contribute anything and Rory is a sensitive whiny crybaby. I stopped listening months ago cos the pod fell off.
Love hearing Akademiks terrorise Rory.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Thanks mate. I'll always be polite, regardless of if somebodies opinion differs from mine. If we were all the same, the world would be a boring place etc. My stance is that i don't think Arteta should have been given the job, nor should have even been considered due to a complete lack of experience, plus how poor we have been for some time. You're right, this isn't an overnight situation, it has been coming for a long while, and that, in my opinion, is down to poor senior management, especially in the boardroom
I can sign off on all of that for sure. My only concern now is with the fact that we have Arteta as manager we need to maybe stay with him for a while. Not sure changing manager every 18 months is a receipt for succes.
Why would I care about Chelsea's point of view? & yeah right we need to play in that conference league so much😆

Just because you've lowered your standards doesn’t mean others have to. But yeah that's totally being childish and/or entitled to you
Fine that it is pointless to you, but it clearly isn’t to the players, managers and clubs. As a player and coach (totally different sport and level) I always paid attention to those players that have everything regardless of if we were going nowhere that season or not. Those were the players you could in the end rely on.

I for one enjoyed the win especially as it hurt one of our main rivals in London! Guess most Arsenal fans would subscribe to that.

Last edited:

Legend14

Established Member
Remember so many games vs mou or most utd or Chelsea games? That 1-3 vs utd at emirates could have been easily 6-3 as well. 2-1 vs utd where utd had only 1 shot on target but scored 2 (other was Gibbs og). But Wenger and Arsenal got ridiculed for that. So it's ok for us to be at the other end at times. Obv can't win always like this. But ok to win at times like this.
I’m fully ok with winning the match; it balances out with the matches we dominated but lost or drew.

I am looking toward the future. What I saw yesterday was not promising and I don’t see any short term or incremental solutions.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
There are too many teams in the Champions League now, for a 3rd European tournament to work really...the Europa feels second rate with the amount of teams in the Champions League, imagine how the Conference will feel!

It worked in the 90s, as you only had a max of 2 teams in the Champions League per country...so the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup felt bigger, due to the quality of teams in it.

You can't be finishing 8th in the league, and be rewarded with European football.

VancouverCanuck

There are too many teams in the Champions League now, for a 3rd European tournament to work really...the Europa feels second rate with the amount of teams in the Champions League, imagine how the Conference will feel!

It worked in the 90s, as you only had a max of 2 teams in the Champions League per country...so the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup felt bigger, due to the quality of teams in it.

You can't be finishing 8th in the league, and be rewarded with European football.
The Europa league is a joke. How can a team like United that finished third in the CL group stage and wound up winning the Europa cup? The same for all previous winners who couldn't get into the knockout stage in CL. Totally water down the competition.

Vicki

In football, no team stays at the top forever. There are always periods of transistion which we are going through now. Just look at AC Milan who dominated football in the 90's and had a barren period this last decade and are only now beginning to show a little bit of a revival. The top clubs always have their peaks and troughs.
We are quite clearly in transition now.
We have changed from a Football Club based in London to a Sporting Franchise owned by an American, based in America.

The Plan now is...

Well, there is no plan.
Stupid Americans with their stupid sporting systems.
Boring, predictable bullshit served up to boring, fat people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom