• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelski v Toon

sienna

Well everybody is raving about Chelsea comfortably winning against Lazio and looking certain to qualify for the 2nd phase of the CL and now this demolishing of Newcastle. This season will be the tightest ever with 3 teams neck to neck going for the finish line. One slipup and it will be costly. We'll see whether Chelsea can last the pace or not; us and Manure have gone through this titleship battle and know what needs to be done. There's still a long way to go and there might be surprises ahead so let's just take it one game at a time and concentrate on our team instead of worrying about Manure and Chelsea.

nnn

Dunno, weak Lazio team, 10 men, apart from the DUff goal rest were lucky.

Weak Newcastle team, with a truly poor defence, Bramble ffs, no Shearer etc..

I suspect Man. Utd. will batter them.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I knew Chelsea would tonk them:

When I posted this thread I didn't know Shearer was out (he'd have buried a couple of their early chances).

I still don't think Chelski will last the prem pace (too many dank Wednesday evenings in the Black Country etc) but I think they'll go further thsn Arsenal & Manure in the CL.

I see them as semi final material, maybe better. Depends on the draw.

jc8gooner

The whole thing with Chelsea really just irks me. I think it is a case of sour grapes on my part to be honest. When you consider how long it has taken Wenger to build a team to rival Utd's and now Chelsea come along and do it in a matter of ONE month, with a greater chance than either of us to win it, then it is bloody annoying.

I completely agree.
I am beginning to really hate Chelsea.

JazzG

Established Member
Wait till Roman stops backing them with his money, then watch them collapse.......

jc8gooner

I have been hoping for thatever since he took over. It will happen one day so we will just have to wait. I give him 7 years. They could win a lot during that time. they might even win the league for the second time in their history!lol

satan_beckham

the 'Thinkerman' sure have found the winning team and that means trouble for the premeriship.This season its not going to be easy for us like what u guys think.Unless we beat them at stanfird bridge,its gonna be very hard

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
Kyla said:
5 past Newcastle. That's damn scary. What more can you expect from a club that's been pumped with over £100 mill. I am extemely worried now. I just can't see where they will slip up (don't nobody say us ;) ) I can honestly see them winning the league. This time last year they would have slipped up against the lesser sides. But now they are able to churn out wins and beat potential top 3-4 candidates(N'castle) with stylishly embarrasing ease. At least they can boast 4 strikers and 3 midfielders who can bag 15+ goals. Can hardly say the same for us!

The only thing that worries me is that other teams are scared of chelski. You think when they come up against us we will be scared? We fear NO ONE in this league, if other teams took this attidude they would do a whole lot better.

Lets look at the game between us and chelski at highbury. Capital gold said the first half was even and in the 2nd half chelski took a battering. They were lucky we didn't put 3 or 4 more past them. When we turned it on they had no answers, they lost their shape and it took many great save by cudicini to keep them in it. We did this by far our most important player in Vieira, Henry was poor , Pires was poor. If those 3 had all played and performed we would of trully whooped them. That match said a lot about us because even with our players in poor form chelski didn't cope too well.....

Chelski dominated the toon because the toon didn't believe they could keep up. You think man utd will roll over for them as well? Hell even Leicester gave chelski a run for their money, the reason they did was because they showed they had a set of balls and weren't gonna roll over and die.

The advantage they have is whenever a player is injured they have someone to replace him, they have a much stronger squad than anyone else. If we get loads of injuries we could really have to dig deeper than ever before to get a result......

Newcastle have a habit of rolling over too easily, last season we gave them a footballing lesson at Highbury, even though we only won 1-0 even Bobby robson said they got off very lightly. Remember man utd handing them whoopings home AND away last season as well? At St James park man utd outplayed newcastle this season as well. They choke against the big teams, their players are probably too young to handle the big occasion and they have no real good defensive midfielder.....

couldn't agree more...I have been watching Chelsea a lot more this season and they really do look vulnerable at the back and have been really lucky quite a few times...when one looks back at the games against Leicester,Everton and Arsenal,you will know what I mean.one of the main reasons they haven't conceeded as many as is Cudicini who yet again has been outstanding except for that blunder at Highbury..

n_henry

I still don't quite think CHelsea will win it - for me, it's still between us and the Mancs. It'll certainly be very tight, but I'm still not convinced. Not completely.
Even Ranieri himself said that he doesn't think his team can win the title - but that may just be reverse psychology. ;)

Yes, they are still quite vulnerable at the back (but no more vulnerable than us or United, I think)...and have been lucky a few times..but then so have we this season. ;)

Top Bottom