• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chris Kirkland

Bergy_1995

Kirkland is a good shot stopper and always does his best for Wigan. He's probably done all he can considering the not-so-top-of-the-table quality defence he has in front of him. He'd benefit from being at a bigger club. Think his bad injuries prevented him from making the step up a few years ago.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
asajoseph said:
I don't watch a lot of lower division football, but, speaking of English keepers, I was wondering what everyone thinks of Luke Steele? Bit of a hyped name, but I've seen him about 3 times this season, and he's been unbelievable on each of the three occasions.

Is he the real deal, or a flash in the pan?
Well, he was great against 'Pool in the FA Cup, but I can't say I've seen him play all that much. Even though he's still young (23?) he's played regularly so little and has been on the loan-carousel. I think he's going to join Barnsley full-time now. So who knows whether he's for real or not - I don't think he's what we're looking for to be honest.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
luke steele is good enough for premierleague teams, albeit mid table ones. he was a former manc too.

for me, the best english keeper now is with manure. ben foster

scytheavatar

Established Member
Let's see here:

Carson
Green
Foster
James
Hart

All better than Kirkland. The only English goalkeeper I think is not better than Kirkland is the flop that is Robinson. Plus let's face it, English goalkeeper sucks. The last English goalkeeper that is anywhere near world class is our old friend Seaman. Although I think Hart has the potential to be a good goalkeeper.

nazo

Established Member
We need someone who is world class, consistent (but that fits in world class), and injury free.

Kirkland doesn't fall into any of those categories.

number_0

Established Member
Tim howard has a clause in his contract that says everytime he plays man utd, he has to allow them to score a minimum of 2 goals against him.

dont want him anywhere in our team.

stuart

Established Member
hahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahhaha
ahahahahahahahahhahahaha

*breathes*

hahahahahahahahahhahahahah

Ok. Maybe not

kooldawg

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
no is the word i say to this. fabianski is probably already better than him.

On what basis??

Fabianski needs a lot more time to settle in while Kirklands been doing moderately well already in the league and performed well in some big matches.

Not that i want him in the team anyways, we can do a lot better than Chris Kirkland

alonso14

Established Member
a couple of things

1. He is very dodgy at times and it usually comes in spells...he will look a world beater for months then go through weeks when he lets in all sorts of crap

2. He is made out of glass

Top Bottom