Chris Smalling

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by gunnerGH, Jan 18, 2010.

1. gunnerGH

gunnerGH New Member

ARSENAL: The Gunners are lining up a bid for Fulham defender Chris Smalling. The promising young centre-half, rated at £7m, has been targeted as a long-term leader at the back by Arsenal. (Daily Mirror)

2. Glovegun

Glovegun New Member Trusted

End of the season perhaps? Not going to be a January signing I wouldnt have thought.

3. Captain

Captain New Member Elite

If we were to pay that much for him, I imagine he would come now.

4. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

Has anyone seen him play?

5. Illusion

Illusion New Member Trusted

I paid attention to him when they lost 2-1 to Chelsea recently, I thought he did very well in place of Hangeland and was unfortunate to give away an own goal which won it for Chelsea.

Not really got any other special information on him, he seems pretty good but I don't think we'll be signing him.

6. OohtobeaGoonerGal

OohtobeaGoonerGal Member Trusted

Never seen him before, I hope he is not one of those by name, by nature types..

7. Captain

Captain New Member Elite

He's 6 foot 2 and can play on the deck or in the air.

8. True Gooner

True Gooner New Member Elite

Good player and he's a far more likely signing than the likes of Cole, Forlan, Rodallega, Parker and the rest of them.

Although I can't see us making a move for him atm - maybe in the summer.

9. duduspace

duduspace New Member

Any defender able to stand up to Drogba surely can't be bad.

10. Illusion

Illusion New Member Trusted

It was mainly Pantsil that had Drogba in his pocket in that game, rather than Smalling.

11. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

thats right, as soon as Pantsil went off , Drogba scored after the replcement RB lost him as a cross came in.

12. Del Boy

Del Boy New Member

A few games makes him have a 7m value? He isn't much better than Bartley.

13. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

I'm one of those types

Larging,... Esteban Largings me real name. Poppet.

This guy is a good clever defender from what I could make out. Reads the game well. Like others have said, canee see it this window

14. -vapour-

-vapour- New Member

yeah I was suprised to see no one had cracked the old "two small. Next." line. He looked really good against Chelsea. Whether or not that is his normal level I'm not sure. I felt sorry for him right at the end because he more than matched every Chelsea player and was brilliant up until that point.

15. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

He looked decent in that game vs. Chelsea and he was very unfortunate to give an own goal. But Paintsil was immense in that game and an injury to him cause Chelsea to come back from a goal down.

If Bolton get relegated( I honestly wish they do), I reckon we could put a bid for Cahill. If not him, Smalling could be a good backup CB.

16. dbig

dbig Active Member

Thought your first name would be Avery.

17. Meatwad

Meatwad New Member

kyle bartley

18. ultradoc

ultradoc New Member

how old?

19. Captain

Captain New Member Elite

<a class="postlink" href="http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chris+smalling+wiki" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chris+smalling+wiki</a>

20. gunnerGH

gunnerGH New Member

SSN are reporting we have made a 7million pound bid