• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chris Smalling

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
bingobob said:
Dokaka said:
Welbeck is quality. Have a feeling he'll explode at some point at score 20+ in the league.
If Everton do not get to keep Lukaku next season I can see them trying to sign Welbeck if he is looking out. Comes across as the type that needs faith put in him and a run of games
Everton should go for Bony if they can't get Lukaku back.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Had a browse on Redcafe, Smalling is rated, many view him as their best CB and want him to get more games in that position, start next season at CB etc.

If Moyes wants to sell, welcome to Arsenal, he's a gooner too, bring Welbeck too.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Welbeck's just an athlete right now, his technique is very average in general. At 23 he isn't really young enough to believe he'll develop a better shot, pass etc, he's a bit of a weird player though in that he has the odd game/run of form where he looks great. Against Real at the Bernabeu a season or two ago he was quality, had a good run of form early this season as well but I always felt it was a purple patch.

eye4goal

Established Member
I really like Welbeck, but United might be looking for £15-20m. He'll improve alot playing regularly somewhere. I thought United would be looking to move on Hernandez instead.

I'm not too sure on Smalling. He's a great athlete but his managers don't seem to trust him as a CB. He's not aggressive enough for me.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Watching Smalling trying to defend depresses me. ****ing awful today and he's like that 9 times out of 10.

Vibra

Established Member
rich 1990 said:
Watching Smalling trying to defend depresses me. ******* awful today and he's like that 9 times out of 10.

He played right back for most of the game though

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Judging by the last page and a half I see this thread should be re-named "average players we shouldn't buy" thread. Welbeck :lol: Smalling :lol: Kaboul :lol:

Next we'll be looking to bring back Almunia and Heskey in on loan.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ugh I really don't want this guy. Such a nervy player. Not surpising in the current United team but he just seems average to me. Never saw the hype.

amirkat

Established Member
Kind of Chris to use our name in wage negotiations.

GDeep said:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/375155/EXCLUSIVE-Arsenal-to-make-a-shock-bid-for-Manchester-United-s-Chris-Smalling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Welbeck also wants out is what I'm hearing.

Welbeck, however, would be a great signing. This guy is on the cusp of something special. Always thought he screamed a Wenger player, too.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Welbeck presses very well which I like. I've not seen him enough to gauge his potential. He did have a little run of goal scoring when Moyes actually played him up front.

I'm from Manchester and a lot of my friends are United fans and they really don't want to lose him.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I'd take Wellbeck here, his finishing has improved a great deal this season, he has a high workrate, powerful and would give us loads of pace.

rich 1990

Vibra said:
rich 1990 said:
Watching Smalling trying to defend depresses me. ******* awful today and he's like that 9 times out of 10.

He played right back for most of the game though

Makes little difference. He's just as cumbersome at centre back. Moyes preferred ****ing Phil Jones to him at centre back.

rich 1990

As for Welbeck, do me a bloody favour. We've been laughing at United all season, now we want two of their worst players? Who next, Cleverley?

amirkat

Established Member
We can still laugh at them.

For example, their first XI is dogshite for a team that aspires to be the best in Europe. Rooney is turd, and he'll ruin England's chances in the WC once again with his ****e first touch and Cleverley is a nothing player. Raphael is awful, and Evra is a dickhead. Their midfield is non-existent and Carrick hides in the big games with nobody mentioning it.

I just rate Welbeck.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
rich 1990 said:
As for Welbeck, do me a bloody favour. We've been laughing at United all season, now we want two of their worst players? Who next, Cleverley?

In the past I agree but his finishing is better and he'd thrive off the creativity of Özil/Cazorla in our system. He has the pace we'e been crying out for up front. He won't make it as a CF there with Rooney/RVP, here he'd bench Giroud.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
man Uniteds greatness wasn't built on the likes of Smalling and Welbecks, neither was ours - neither will our future greatness be. I'd have Smalling over Vermaelen and possibly Welbecks over Giroud but neither is a major fear.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Welbeck isn't anywhere near the worst Utd players, leave it out. Always does well when played in his favoured position. A victim of his own intelligence and physical abilities really, for England and Utd.

I would rather have Welbeck at Arsenal in the slot currently taken by Sanogo. He won't join Arsenal anyway, he'll do a Sturridge and demand a starting CF where he goes next.

How quick things change, even at a Utd with one of their own like Welbeck, a local kid, a youth product and fan, no one wants to be a squaddy at a club that's not doing well, and I don't think he fancies Moyes either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom