• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chris Smalling

dreamLord

Established Member
Yeah, here's the quote from their site anyway :

12.10 Sky Sports News understands Arsenal have made an approach for Fulham defender Chris Smalling in a deal which could eventually rise to £7million. However, Fulham want to hang on to the promising young centre-half.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
They also understood Flamini was in talks about a loan move to City until it was denied. It seems all the reliable sources are turning to crap as well. Its getting to the stage where I won't believe anything until its on arse.com.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I would be happy if we get him. Young and promising and its time we sign a young good defender

Captain

Established Member
It would be just like us to get two defenders during a window in which everybody expected a striker.

xcdude24

Established Member
Yeah, was about to comment how odd it would be if we signed this guy. I can understand if he's long-term successor to Gallas, but I think our immediate concerns lie elsewhere.

Viking

GoonerGurjit said:
Two English defenders in one transfer window?
It makes perfect sense. At the moment, we stand to lose Silvestre, Gallas, Campbell and Senderos in the summer, leaving us with two defenders. Buying Smalling now, would also give him time to adapt, and if Gallas extends his contract we can give him more time to become Gallas' long term replacement.

And he's 6'4!!!!!!!

6'4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viking

Oh, according to Sky we're willing to loan him back to Fulham. Makes even MORE sense now!

Captain

Established Member
Just speculation but Wenger has been very honest in answering questions about potential signings so far, so I suppose that we will know more within the next couple of days.

patrick42uk

Established Member
I'm excited by the prospect of signing Smalling. He has a good profile, physically and generally in terms of his age and backkground. 7 million only indicates that he has the talent to go with that. Did well against Chelsea when thrown into the deep end by all accounts.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
SSN claim we've made an approach. He played for my old team, Maidstone United. Very good prospect.

longrufus

Established Member
I watched the Chelsea game with a friend who was a Chelsea fan, both of us thought he was excellent. He definitely has ability and I would back Roy Hodgson's opinion regards rating players. Could be a very good signing if there are any truth to the rumours.

dreamLord

Established Member
Now, I just checked FIFA 10, and he's only 5'11. He's obviously faking his height. I mean think about it, even his name suggests it.

Top Bottom