• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chris Smalling

No.8_Wright

If signed:

Wevveeee got Chris Smalling
Hes straight up balling...
But no one really knows who he is
Could be like Campbell
Could be like Bramble
But please dont take our Smalling away!!

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
This guy is rubbish.

Trust me, he'll eventually go for some insane fee (thankfully not paid by us), will show he has no ceiling and we'll all breath easy. Those who want him now, haven't watched him enough, have no clue about defenders, or are just so desperate for gawdknowswhat. Luckily for you, you'll benefit from us not getting him as well.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
5'11" my arse...

article-1229260-07368D52000005DC-196_306x423.jpg

Thommybhoy

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://transfermarkt.de/de/spieler/103427/smalling-chris/profil.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://transfermarkt.de/de/spieler/1034 ... rofil.html</a>
they say here he's 192 cm.
that would be 6ft3,5

patrick42uk

Established Member
Wiki says he's 6 foot 4 and a half inches.

For me, the big signal is that Wenger wants to spend 7 million on him. Its the stamp that says the boy has something.

progman07

Established Member
I always thought that the whole "oh, Vermaelen is short" and "is he 5ft 10 or 5ft 11" talks started off at A-M, and the media took over it.

I think there is a chance that they read the forum, so if you don't want every single commentator talk about his height like they do with Vermaelen, stop this now. :D (I swear that they have mentioned every game I have watched on stream this season, that "Vermaelen is a relatively short defender with a good spring"...)

Del Boy

Established Member
ArseNic said:
How can he be THAT expensive? He's got no experience whatsoever
It's a ridiculous price.

And what does this mean for Bartley? This signing isn't even necessary, yet some people are jumping for joy over it. I doubt anyone has seen him play more than one match.

True Gooner

Established Member
Captain said:
Theo cost even more. Quality young players come at a premium now.

He's local as well.

Anyway, I remember reading somewhere that Hodgson neglected to sign a CB this summer because he had Chris Smalling which means 1) He's pretty good 2) He won't come cheap 3) I wouldn't be surprised if he does go on loan back to Fulham.

Anyway, if Wenger's willing to spend £7m on a CB he's got to be something special.

ultradoc

Established Member
Captain said:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chris+smalling+wiki" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was implying/trying to inquire about how long he's been playing,and how mature is he and if he is good to get into our team if needed, etc.
Apparently not many here have seen much of him.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Del Boy said:
ArseNic said:
It's a ridiculous price.

And what does this mean for Bartley? This signing isn't even necessary, yet some people are jumping for joy over it. I doubt anyone has seen him play more than one match.
Plan for future please.

Gallas, Silvest, Campbell is in their 30s and we only have 2 able centerbacks who are not 30.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
I heard he is 6'2" in normal gear, 6'3" when wearing football boots and some sources say under floodlights he turns to 6'4".

Viking

Del Boy said:
ArseNic said:
It's a ridiculous price.

Del Turd strikes again. Come summer, as it stands now, we'll only have Djourou and Vermaelen as defenders. Spending money where needed is what we've cried out for, for so, so long, and now that the club appears willing to do so we're gonna whine about it? Christ. Nine out of ten times Wenger gets us the right man for the job, so when he finally appears to be willing to spend some, it's natural that we become excited.

Latest posts

Top Bottom